I Miss You

Kidnapped

~Youngbae's P.O.V.~

 

I wake up bright an early on a Monday morning, I get dressed and ready for work just like usual. It's no different then any other day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, flowers are blooming...Once I'm ready for work I head out to my car. I hear the laughter of children filling the streets. I see couples taking their early morning walks and jogs together, God they look so happy. 

The smiles on their faces show pure joy. I remember when I once had a smile like that, unfortunately it was torn away about six months ago as well as my happiness and left me a crushed heart... I drive to the police station and meet Jay inside. "Any new leads?" I question him as I head to my desk. 

"Well good morning to you to Bae," He chuckles a bit as he follows me, placing a folder on my desk. "We believe the kidnapper is this man ah, Kwon Jiyong." 

I sit at my desk and open the folder. I read through the man's records and then I stare at his picture in my hand. It can't be..."Why does he look familiar?" 

Jay peers over my shoulder and looks at the photo a little closer, "Wasn't he involved in that shoot out a year ago?" 

I chuckle lightly, "Which shoot out?" This man looks very familiar to me. I can't put my finger on it though..."Wait, he is related to Lee Seunghyun right?" I look up and Jay and he quirks an eyebrow. 

"I think he was the boyfriend of Lee Seunghyun's sister. Ah! Yes, he's the one who went into a rage when you killed his girlfriend, what's her name?" 

I tap my fingers on my desk as I think. "Mm, I think her name was Lee...Chaerin?" 

Jay snaps his finger at me and nods, "Yep that was it. You killed her and he went insane." 

Aish, why must he point me out as a murderer so much..."That wasn't my intention, it was an accident. She jumped in the way when I fired at Seunghyun." 

Jay shrugs and grabs a cup of water before sitting down across from me, "And now looks like he's getting revenge on you." 

"What?" I quirk an eyebrow at him and then stare down at Jiyong's picture. "He's the one who kidnapped Dara?" 

"Uh duh, haven't you been listening Bae? It was confirmed last night that Kwon Jiyong is Dara's kidnapper." 

"And you just now tell me this?! I could have already been working on the case, why didn't you tell me last night?!" I slam my fist on my desk and glare at Jay. He should have told me this last night. I could have already been working on tracing Jiyong to find Dara by now. 

Jay stares back at me for a few seconds before letting out a sigh, "I'm sorry it's just, you've been so stressed lately and you needed to rest last night. I didn't want to wake you..." 

"Yeah well news for you, I have barely slept in six months. Ever since Dara was kidnapped I can't do anything. I can't think straight, I don't feel like eating, I can't sleep, I mean the list goes on and on." I stand up walking to the back to send codes to all of the police stations in Busan.

Jay follows after me as he looks through Jiyong's records. "Come on Bae, you know you could do your job better if you actually focused on your work instead of focusing on missing Dara." 

I instantly turn around and hit his arm, "Yah!" 

"Ah!" He groans and rubs his arm. "What was that for?" 

I give him a stern look before turning back around to finish sending the codes on the computer. "I love Dara, of course I miss her. And I'm doing my job right so shut up. Don't tell me what to do. Let's see you lose someone you love and then you can tell me how to feel, what to say and what to do." 

The room suddenly becomes silent. I look back at Jay and I see him staring at me in a strange way. Oh damn..."I'm sorry aish," I rub my forehead remembering Jay has lost someone he loves. "I'm just really frustrated Jay, I didn't mean to say that..." 

"Yeah sure you didn't, I've felt this pain you're feeling Youngbae. Only my pain was worse and so was Jiyong's. At least you don't know for sure that Dara is dead. She's still out there and she's alive and we're going to find her. Just be happy you have the chance to have your loved one back." He walks out of the room leaving me with a sigh and I shake my head. Things are really messed up lately...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

~Dara's P.O.V.~ 

 

Jiyong jumps in the car and yells at me, "Drive now!" 

I quickly speed off into the streets of Seoul and sigh shakily. "Why do you continue to do this?!" 

"Oh shut your mouth, I told you we need money so we can leave for Tokyo in a week." He takes his mask off and ruffles his hair a bit before tossing a giant bag in the back that's stacked with money. Ever since Jiyong kidnapped me, he's been involving me in crimes frequently, not to mention a lot of other things...

"Where are we going, back to the apartment?" I glance over at him and he nods. I've tried to escape him a few times but the outcome wasn't so good...I come to a stop in an alley and we switch back into our regular car and he drives. I sit back in the passenger's seat and I lean my head on the window. 

He glances at me, "What's wrong with you?" 

I sigh lowly hearing my stomach growl and I close my eyes, "Nothing is wrong..." The last time I tried to escape Jiyong was almost a week ago. He beat me and now he refuses to give me food. I have been able to sneak some food here and there but it hasn't been much.

"When you learn to obey me and stop trying to escape I'll give you food. And please, I know you've been sneaking food, I'm not stupid." He glances at me once again and looks me up and down. "Stop pissing me off Dara." 

I let out a faint voice and continue to keep my eyes closed, "Mianhae..." 

We finally arrive back to the apartment and we go inside. I go straight to my room and close the door behind me. My head hurts so bad, I feel sick, I need food...Being stuck with Jiyong isn't horror until I piss him off or try to escape him. But of course it isn't wonderful being stuck with him either. I lay on my bed and curl up under the covers as I close my eyes. 

I soon begin to think about Youngbae...I miss him so much. What I would do just to be in his arms right now. I dream about him and all the times we spent together every night in my dreams. Well, for the sleep I get. I don't sleep much because I'm afraid of what Jiyong's capable of...

I try hard to sleep some but the shouts of happiness from Jiyong continue to be let out, causing me to not be able to sleep. He's probably throwing his money around in the living room and dancing in it. My head suddenly begins to pound and I clutch onto the sheets. I just want to go home...

 

*****

 

~Jiyong's P.O.V.~

 

I laugh loudly and smile brightly at all of the money I have. I count it all up and I have almost a million dollars! "God damn!" I shout out and then throw my money up in the air. "Tokyo, I'm coming soon baby." I chuckle and begin to gather up all of my money and put it back in the bag. 

I carry the bag to my room and stuff it way back in the closet along with the rest of my money I have collected the past six months. More like stolen...Psh. Oh well. I lean my back on the closet door after I close it and I shut my eyes. I hate being this way sometimes, but every time I try to stop a voice comes into my head and I go into a mental rage and become worse. After I rub my face I walk over to the side of my bed and pull out a picture from my bag. 

It's of my precious Chaerin, I miss her like crazy. She was killed about a year ago. She was shot down by that cop named Dong Youngbae. I hate his guts that's why I'm getting revenge on him. I've tried to kill Dara a few times but every time I attept it, I don't know I just feel like I can't...

I can't kill her but I'm not going to release her either. I want Youngbae to feel the pain I did when he took Chaerin away from me. 

A few hours pass and I get out of the shower and put on clean clothes. The apartment is oddly quiet. Usually Dara's running around talking non-stop trying to reason with me in letting her go. I stand there enjoying the silence for a bit before the thought of her escaping comes into my head. 

I quickly go to her room, "Dara?!" I find her lying in her bed quietly. She has the covers all the way up to her neck and it looks as if she's shivering a bit. Her skin is pale white and she looks weak even when her eyes are closed. Something about this girl, I don't know...She kind of reminds me of Chaerin a bit...

Wait no! Hell no. She does not. .....I sigh and slowly walk over to her, touching her shoulder. She stays quiet but I can see she's still breathing. I finally give in and go to the kitchen. I cook her some chicken and  cut up some fruits in a bowl for her and get out some juice.

Once I finish preparing her meal, I go into her room and shake her gently. "Dara..." 

"Hmm...?" She responds faintly causing me to worry a little too much then I wanted. I pick her up bridal style and carry her in to the kitchen and set her down at the table. "I made you some food..." 

She rubs her eyes and stares at it quietly before leaning back in her seat. "It's okay Dara you can eat..." I sigh rubbing the back of my neck while taking a step back. I can't stand to see what I've done in the past six months. I hate myself but I refuse to admit it or show it. 

She slowly takes a bite of her food before glancing up at me. When she realizes I'm trully allowing her to eat and I'm not going to hurt her, she noms into the food happily. I walk over to the fridge and stare at one of my beers. I want to take it and chug it down but instead I let out a sigh and grab a water bottle. 

I glance at her and see she's trying to gulp her food down and I shake my head walking to her. She flinches lightly when I put my hand on her back, "You don't have to eat so fast, you'll be sick if you do." She nods slightly and eats her food at a medium pace. I think she's afraid I'll hurt her for eating...

I go into the living room and sit down at the couch taking a sip of my water. I turn on the TV and lean back trying to relax. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

~Youngbae's P.O.V.~

 

I'm down to my nineth beer and I'm still not drunk. This is absolutely ridiculous! I want to be drunk so I can forget my pain for awhile but apparently that's not happening. I hear a knock on my front door and I drag my feet to go answer it. "What do you want Jieun?" 

"Nice to see you to Bae," She chuckles a bit and then notices the beer in my hand. "Yah!" 

I mock her, "Yah!" I welcome her inside and go into the kitchen again while finishing up my now tenth beer and throw away the bottle. 

"How much have you had to drink oppa?" She sighs and makes me sit at the table. 

"I've had ten beers!" I shout out with a groan as I lean back in my seat. 

She gasps and hits my arm, "Yah! Oppa you're drunk, why would you drink that much?" 

"Psh. Please, to forget my pain thank you very much. And no, unfortunately I'm not drunk! Aishhhh!!!" 

She quirks an eyebrow at me while trying to force me to drink juice, "You mean fortunately." 

I shake my head drinking the juice, "Nope, I mean UNfortunately. What are you even doing here?" 

She sits down beside me at the table after taking her jacket off and shrugs a bit. "I just came by to see how you're doing oppa." 

"Yeah well I'm not doing so great so just leave okay?" I get up and walk out of the room. 

Jieun shakes her head slightly before following after me and grabbing my wrist. "Yah..." 

"What?" I stare at her blankly after pulling my wrist away. "I just want to be alone okay?" 

"But I'm worried about you, you need someone to be here for you Bae. I could never imagine the pain you're feeling..." 

Exactly so how can she help me in any way? I roll my eyes at her and look away. Jieun has always been the type of person who wants to help in situations that she doesn't fully understand and can't relate to.  I appreciate her attempts to help but I really don't want to be around anyone lately. "I just want Dara back..." 

She nods and pushes my hair back slightly with a sigh, "I know Bae, I know. I'm sorry she's gone but you will find her I promise she'll be okay and back in your arms before you know it." She wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me tightly. I close my eyes slowly and hug her waist but I only think of Dara. Oh how I wish this was Dara in my arms.

She pulls away and pinches my cheeks playfully. Erh, I hate when she does this. Actually, come to think of it she's the only person who's actually tried to comfort me but I just keep trying to push her away. "I'm sorry Jieun..." 

"You have nothing to be sorry for Bae, so don't say it alright?" I nod and let out a sigh and rub my face. "You look extremely tired too. You should rest okay?" 

I shake my head, "I can't sleep...every time I try I just toss and turn in my bed all night. And every time I do sleep I wake up with nightmares." 

"Hmm..." She thinks while letting her eyes wonder. "You need to take a day off Bae. Take a hot shower, eat a good meal and clear your head alright? And then curl up in bed and try not to think about all of this because you have way too much stress on you and that's not healthy." 

I nod slowly as I rub my face and look at her weakly, "I'll try...but no promises. You should go home, it's getting late."

"Call me if you need anything or someone to talk to alright oppa?" She hugs me one last time before grabbing her jacket and leaving. I do need someone, Dara...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

~Jiyong's P.O.V.~ 

 

A few hours have passed and Dara seems to be feeling a little better now that she finally has food in her system. I go and sit next to her on the couch. She's wrapped in a blanket hugging her knees to her chest while watching TV. She looks so innocent, I don't see how I can hurt her. Believe me it hurts me more to hurt her then it hurts her when I bring her physical pain. I take out my phone and I scroll through pictures of me and Chaerin. I wear a smile on my face as I stare at her. 

I don't notice that Dara's peeking over at my phone and she quirks an eyebrow, "You two seem very happy." 

I blink and look up at her, "What?" She points to my phone and I look back down at it and sigh putting it away. 

"Who is she?" Dara asks me in a soft voice, again she looks so innocent. 

"None of your business, that's who she is." I speak codly towards her and fold my arms watching TV. 

She slowly moves away from me a bit and looks forward, "I was just asking, I'm sorry..." 

I sigh and let out a groan as I look over at her, "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" She looks at me confused and I shake my head at her slowly then point a finger at her nose.

"That," I pull my hand away. "Why do you always put on that innocent look? And why do you say sorry so much?" 

She shrugs a bit and looks at me, "I guess I just look this way? I'm sorry..." Aish!!

"Stop saying sorry! Saying sorry does not fix problems." I lock my jaw and stare at the television. 

"Saying sorry can fix problems Jiyong..."

"Yeah well apparently not all of them." I roll my eyes and turn of the TV. "Just go to your room now." 

"I don't see why you speak to me like I am a child sometimes. You can't force me to do anything." I slowly look over at her and laugh. Wow...

"No you're right. You can't make someone say or do something, it's all done by choice." I give her a glare and wet my bottom lip. She seems to be slightly confused and doesn't get my point at all. Ugh, some women these days. "Goodnight," I get up and head to my room. 

"Tsk..." Dara rolls her eyes and turns the TV back on. 

 

******

 

Jiyong...

I'm lying in bed with my eyes closed and I keep hearing a soft faint voice call out my name but I'm too weak to open my eyes. 

Jiyong... 

I know this voice...It's so familiar. After a few minutes, I begin to feel even more tired and once again, I hear my name being called. 

Jiyong...

This time, I feel as if it's my dream calling for me...I open my eyes and see a woman staring at me, she's surrounded in a beautiful bright light and she reaches out to take my hand where she seems to force me to drift off into a dream....

****

"Babe!" Chaerin laughs while hugging Jiyong's neck as he spins her around. He smiles brightly and puts her down on the ground before showering her face in kisses. "Aish oppa," She tries to kiss him back every time with a grin planted on her face.

He leaves his arms around her waist and leans towards her ear to whisper his words softly to her, "I love you Chaerin." She closes her eyes for a bit before pecking his cheek and whispering back into his ear, "I love you too Jiyong."

He takes her hand and laces their fingers together as they walk down the beach. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you babe," he smiles over at her making her blush. He enjoys seeing her blush because he thinks it's just adorable.

"Awe my baby is blushing!" He leans over and nudges his nose against her cheek before kissing it. She giggles and looks up at him into his eyes, "You're mine forever Jiyong." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Haiiiiii!!! I'm back with a brand new story! I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! <3 Please subscribe and upvote if you can because this story is only going to get better! ;) Also please comment your thoughts because I love hearing my reader's thoughts okiez? Love you all and see you on the next chapter!*