[1]

Nursery Rock and Cradle Roll

Seohyun woke up to the sound of her doorbell ringing. She tried to open her eyes but they felt really heavy, and she really wanted to get back to sleep. She just felt like sleeping all day.

Her eyes suddenly flew open when she heard someone typing in her passcode into the doorlock keypad. She immediately sat up in bed in a panic. This can't be happening, noone knows my passcode, not even my parents. She heard the confirmation sound as the intruder finally opened her front door.

She dropped her legs to the side of the bed to stand up, but suddenly cried out in pain as her feet hit the floor. She bit her lip when she saw her left foot in a cast, and then remembered yesterday's sprain. She carefully stood up and gingerly walked towards her bedroom door, grabbing her bolster pillow on the way. She had nothing else to fight with, just in case.

She heard footsteps moving around her apartment, but the intruder wasn't really trying to keep quiet. Seohyun bit on her lip to keep from screaming when there was a knock on her door. She kept still and didn't answer. After a couple of minutes the handle on her bedroom door turned. She raised the pillow in her hands and got ready to pounce on the intruder.

The door opened and someone came in. She screamed and jumped on the intruder, hitting him with the pillow. He seemed to have been caught by surprise and they fell on the carpeted floor, with Seohyun still shrieking like a banshee and hitting him with the bolster pillow. He clamped a hand over mouth.

"Calm down Teacher Hyun, it's me! Calm down!"

Seohyun stopped when she heard 'Teacher Hyun' and stared at her intruder. It was Mr. Jung from yesterday .

"Mr. Jung? Wh- what are you doing here?" she said, muffled from underneath his hand. Her warm breath tickled his palms.

Yonghwa tried his best not to laugh at the sight in front of him. Seohyun was obviously just from bed, her hair was everywhere and her face was fresh. And smooth.

A little too fresh.

He shook his head and removed his hand from her face. "Are you alright? I guess I scared you, huh? I'm really sorry Teacher Hyun, but you seemed so out of it yesterday, I just had to come by and check up on you today." He grinned at her apologetically.

"So you just decided to break in," she said accusingly. He gave her another apologetic smile. "I'm really sorry, alright? Seriously, your condition last night really had me worried, so when you didn't answer the doorbell..." he trailed off and grinned at her awkwardly.

Seohyun looked away, trying to clear her head. All she remembered from yesterday was running after Miyoungie and spraining her ankle. Then they went to the emergency room... The doctor placed her ankle in a temporary cast just to keep it immobilized... Then a pretty nurse came in and flirted with Mr. Jung...

Seohyun's nostrils flared at the memory of that nurse. She didn't know scrub uniforms could fit like that, like it was hugging her body. And Yong- Mr. Jung's eyes were all over her.

"Teacher Hyun, are you alright? Do you still feel woozy?"

She turned to glare at him. "Whoah, what was that for?" he said, flinching at her expression.

She punched him on the arm instead before moving to stand up. She'd just realized that she was still lying on top of him. In her nightgown. She tried to sit up but his arms were around her.

"Please let me go," she gritted through her teeth.

He smiled at her in reply, placing an arm behind his head for a pillow and tightening his grip around her waist.

"Apologize first," he said, grinning at her. That snaggle tooth caught her attention for a moment, and she couldn't help holding her breath for a brief second

"You're the one who's trespassing. I should call the police," she said flatly.

"You assaulted me. Several times, actually," he replied, raising an eyebrow.

"You're touching me inappropriately. I'm pretty sure I can send you to jail for this."

Yonghwa suddenly released her and raised his arms up. "Wow, so harsh! Why is it so cold in this room all of a sudden?"

Seohyun scrambled up to her feet, taking care of her sprained ankle. She hugged the pillow and kept it in front of her.

"You forget, though, that I've held you in my arms. I do remember you hanging on for dear life yesterday." Yonghwa loved teasing her, because her eyes widened as well as her nostrils.

"You act like we've known each other for a long time, Mr. Jung," Seohyun replied, acting prim and proper all of a sudden. She was actually pursing her lips, and Yonghwa couldn't help finding it adorable. Something must really be wrong with me...

"It's called 'teasing' Teacher Hyun. Someone should really be reminding you of how it's done." He stood up and grinned. "I'll wait for you outside. It's way past breakfast." He playfully pinched her cheek and walked out of the bedroom, whistling a soft tune.

Seohyun stood in a daze for a few seconds after he pinched her cheek, feeling all warm and fuzzy and... She started and quickly glanced at the clock. She was late for work. She was flabbergasted. She was never late! And to think that she wasted a lot of time on the floor with that, that, THAT guy.

She hugged herself as she was caught up in her thoughts. Pain suddenly caught her attention as she rubbed her left arm. A sore spot near her shoulder suddenly reminded her of the shot of pain killers the nurse had given her yesterday. THAT NURSE.

Fuming, she made her way slowly to the bathroom to take a shower. She could use a really cold one to clear her head.

*****

Seohyun walked out of her bedroom to the smell of something wonderful cooking in the kitchen. Her stomach growling reminded her that she didn't have dinner last night. That much she could remember.

Mr. Jung was at the stove flipping over a waffle. He was wearing her pink apron over his crisp white shirt, his sleeves folded up to his elbow. It was tucked quite neatly into his slim-fitting jeans. She quietly sat at the dining table, admiring the view.

"Someone smells nice," Yonghwa said as he turned around towards her, French toast on a plate. She blushed as her stomach grumbled loudly. Yonghwa heard it and grinned. "Ahhh, my poor patient is so hungry. Here, wait for me for a bit and we'll have breakfast soon." He turned to finish plating the food. He placed a plate full of french toast, Belgian waffles and egg omelette in front of her. He placed another plate opposite her and sat down. He poured her a glass of fresh orange juice and placed it beside her plate. Everything looked delicious.

"This is too much Mr. Jung. I can't eat all of this."

"Oh yes you do, you have to eat everything. I rarely do this you know. Cooking for  a girl," he winked before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"I don't have time to eat. I'm late for work."

"I called your supervisor. You don't have to come in today, she said to tell you to keep that foot propped up and rest for today."

Seohyun's jaw dropped at his announcement.

"And who are you to do that? I have to work!"

"I just happen to be your guardian angel and your nurse for today, so eat up Teacher Hyun! You've got medications to take and they have to be on a full stomach." Yonghwa handed her a fork and started digging into his food himself.

Her eyes narrowed as she watched him eat.

"And who said I had to take them? Did that nurse tell you that? What if I don't want to take those meds?"

Yonghwa looked back at her in surprise. "Well, you don't have to take them if you're not in pain. Isn't your sprain painful?"

Seohyun stopped herself from wincing at the aching pain in her sprained foot. "No." She took a big bite of her waffle and chewed to keep from talking. She must've been really hungry because she kept on eating and ignored the him. Perfect excuse.

"That's my girl. Eat up! Then rest for the rest of the day. Oh, Miyoungie asked me to give this to you." He took an evelope from his back pocket and gave it to her. It was a handwritten letter from Miyoungie. She'd used crayons and wrote, "Get well soon, Teacher Hyun. I love you! XOXO"

Seohyun smiled as she imagined little Miyoungie bent over that piece of paper and writing in her cute preschooler penmanship.

"She asked me how to spell some of it," Yonghwa said, smiling widely.

She folded up the little piece of paper and put it in her pocket. She remembered that she was annoyed with this man.

"Mr. Jung, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for me so far, but I think I can take things from here."

He sat back in his chair and stared back at her intently. "What's with the Mr. Jung? I thought we were already on a first name basis."

"No, we are not. I just met you yesterday. I do not know you well enough to call you Yonghwa."

"But you just did," he said, grinning mischievously.

Seohyun sighed at her mistake. "You know what I mean. Now please go, I promise I'll just rest up today. Thank you very much for everything."

He held a hand to his chest and acted all hurt and heartbroken. "Why do I feel like we're breaking up?"

"Ugh, why won't you just listen to me? I'm really grateful, okay? But I feel more comfortable being on my own, so please don't take offense. You can go now, I'm pretty sure you're late for work, too." Seohyun was close to tearing at her hair, she was getting tense.

Yonghwa took a waffle from her plate and stood up, went around the table and squatted in front of her.

"Miss Seohyun. Teacher Hyun. I understand how you feel, and for today, I will respect your wish. However," he took the waffle stuffed it into gently.

"However, you need somebody to take care of you, whether you realize it or not, or whether you like it or not."

He leaned in and poked her gently on her nose. "Let me be that man, Teacher Hyun."

He bit into the waffle gently while staring straight into her eyes. She couldn't break her gaze away from his stare, a shiver running down her spine.

With a last wink, he stood up and left the apartment. The waffle dropped as Seohyun's jaw dropped open.

That had to be the weirdest yet iest waffle breakfast she'd ever had.