Filters

Snap Snap Snapchat

He lied around the apartment, perpendicular to the bed as his feet and arms hung off each side. His chin pressed against the edge of the bed; his eyes was glued to his phone. She walked into their room, droplets of water hanging from the tips of her hair as she shook them off with a towel, his shirt hung loose around her shoulders, grazing mid thigh as she stood at the entrance, head tilted and brows furrowed. When she left for the shower, he was one his phone. When she got back, he was on his phone. Although there was nothing to worry about, Taekwoon was never one to spend too much time on it so what the hell was he doing?

            She crawled into bed next to him, Taekwoon nudging her away to dry her hair but she stayed and that was as far as his nagging would go, his eyes still glued to his screen and when she peaked over for a look, a muffled laugh slipped her lips as she tried to compose herself, to not let her laughs get the better of her. Flipping through them, he swapped filters on snapchat of a selfie he had taken, cycling through the many filters again and again but what really got her was the complete seriousness in his face as she stared. She tried to fight the smile on her face but it was all in vain as she laughed, holding onto her boyfriend as he continued scrolling, not even bothering to take a different picture. And the picture was the worst she had yet to see—well, she’s actually seen worse but it was equally just as bad: the camera looking up at him, only catching a glimpse of his eyes and forehead, looking oddly bald since his hair was pulled back in a beanie.

            She nuzzled against him, firm and warm, as her arms laid over his, her fingers only reaching mid forearm as she watched and she wasn’t sure whether or not to say, to expose the other features that stood a very good chance of bringing him to his demise. She had to weigh out the pros and cons, too many cons and not a single pro but she looked at him and she smiled, her lips pressed against his cheek, fluffy and soft as she hummed against his shoulder.

            “You know there’s other features, right?”

            That was the first time, in about the last 2 hours, that he looked at her and a petty smile pulled at her lips, a nervous laugh echoing in . There was a spark in her eye and the regret was instant but all the fun he would have had was worth it. He handed her the phone, although resilient at first, and she the locations, taking a new and more flattering picture of themselves and scrolling through the geo filters designed specifically for Seoul and the surrounding districts. She explained to him how it changed depending on location and the sudden urge to travel was strong within him as he tried to take the phone away to play with the new filters but she scolded him to wait and he stared at her like an innocent kitten, not know what he did wrong.

            On the front camera, she showed him the different “filters” that can be used pre picture if he pressed and held against his own face, watching as his eyes were enlarged, his cheeks a disturbing rosy pink while being instructed to open his mouth. He glanced at her in a loss but she quietly gestured him to do so and he did, a rainbow flowing out of his mouth as an instant smile pulled on his lips, scrolling through the other ones and laughing as he did as told.

            She watched silently as he played by himself, the smile plastered onto her lips as she huddled close to him, finding comfort in the crevice between his body and the bed as she closed her eyes, opting for a nap before their night out and his arm wrapped around her as if through instinct, kissing her goodnight before laying out her hair for it to dry on the bed. He continued to scroll through the filters but the moment he was sure she wasn’t going to wake up, he started taking pictures of her, saving them onto his phone and sending them to s, their complaints flowing in through snap and text, telling him to stop being all lovey dovey but he ignored their complaints, doing what he wanted because that’s just the kind of man he was. He sent his favorite to his mom and she fawned over them, calling him immediately to tell him how cute they were and asking when he was going to ask. Ever since late, that question always came up whenever he spoke to his mother and more recently, his sisters and even his father.

            Taekwoon whisked away his mother’s never ending questions, a quiet “soon” leaving his lips before hanging up so than he could hold onto her, instantly bored with the app as she shifted beneath his weight, grumbling lightly as she tried to move away but Taekwoon kept her in his arms, encased in his chest as she slept, the gentle aroma of cucumber flowered her skin and brought him to rest as he fell asleep as well, completely missing their later plans and swapping them for cuddles and lazy nights in.