Atom

Thirteen

    "Want to know my best angle?" Kim Sanggyun looked at me with a smirk. Biting his lower lip, he put his hands on the sides of my head, slightly tipping it to the right. A confident smile grew across his face. "Don't I look nice?"
    "Since when did you start caring about angles?" I questioned him, knowing that he definitely didn't care about things like this. The two of us kept our eye contact for about ten seconds before he looked away embarrassingly.
    "If I ask you a question, just answer it! Aish..." Frustrated, he grinded his teeth together and released his hold on my head. Gritting his teeth together, he looked back at me with an angry pout. "Paboyah..."
    "Only fools worry about these kinds of things." The words bluntly came out of my mouth as I scoffed at his silliness. His jaw flung open and he scoffed back.
    Violently, Sanggyun pinched my cheeks with angry force. "Just go die, you wench!"
    "Yah!" I shouted loudly, struggling to push his hands away from my abused face. "Do you have a death wish or something!?" My hands comforted my cheeks by massaging them softly. Why was he being so damn annoying today? I looked away from him while tending to my swollen face.
    "Sorry..." He muttered quietly as if he were talking to himself.
    A foolish smile grew across my face. Pretending I hadn't heard a thing, I put a straight face on and looked back at him. "What did you say?"
    Sanggyun looked at me with an annoyed pout. "Nothing..." He turned his head away again as if he really hadn't said a word.
    He wasn't fooling anyone with his attitude. I nudged him with my elbow and acted cute. "Sanggyunnie~ Tell me~"
    "Don't worry about it." He knew my killer move was aegyo and he hated it. He hated that I could reel him in so easily. "Just stop already..."
    "Please oppa~"
    Already beaten down by my cuteness, Sanggyun covered his face with his hands to hide his flushed cheeks away from me. "Aish! Would you just stop it!?"
    "Fine!" Angrily, I folded my arms in front of my chest. We held our silence for about a minute before I started talking again. For some reason, I had a feeling about what he was trying to get to. "Why don't you just get it over with already?"
    Uncovering his face, Sanggyun looked up at me in surprise. "What...?"
    "If you wanted to kiss me, why didn't you just do it already?" My words made his face burn up even more to the point where even his ears turned red. I was right on point.
    I smiled slyly at him. "So what's your best angle?"
    Embarrassed, he didn't even bother to do it again. He just kept staring at me with his surprised face. Was he really that amazed that I had figured out his exact thoughts?
    The smile on my face grew bigger when his eyes fluttered. Wanting to get a move-on, I leaned in close to him. The two of us were nearly face-to-face. "How about I show you my best angle instead?" I placed my hands on his head and brought him closer.
    My eyes shut tightly and our lips slightly touched. We stayed, paused, in this position for a few seconds before moving back again. I let go of his head and covered my face with my hands. Doing that was far more embarrassing than I had imagined.
    "Can we just pretend this never happened?" I uncovered my face to look at Sanggyun.
    Our wandering eyes connected and the sheepish emotion on his face became serious. Trying to hide his nervosity, he gulped down a wad of saliva loudly. He leaned in closer and closed his eyes. Our lips finally pressed against each other in a bitter kiss.
    My heart beat quickened as I closed my eyes to take in the feeling of his boldness.
    When he pulled away, my eyes fluttered open to look at him. After we shared the moment, Sanggyun looked like a different person. No, not a different person. He had a different feeling to him. Like he had become confident in himself.
    A wide smile reached across my face and I laughed outloud.
    Surprised, Sanggyun's eyebrows lifted higher. "What are you laughing about?"
    "Nothing," I leaned my head on his shoulder while locking arms. "I liked it."
    Sanggyun smiled just like I did and leaned his head on mine. "Good."