Suzy Realizes

Opposites Attract

    Suzy woke up with a massive headache and tried to open her eyes. She squinted at her alarm clock beside her. It was already 12pm. 

     "It's already noon..." she muttered to herself.

     Just then, her eyes opened. 

     "IT'S ALREADY NOON!"

     She raced out of her bedroom only to find her sister Min calmly making breakfast in the small, but cute kitchen of their three-room apartment. 

      "Unni! I'm late for work!" 

      Min flipped over a pancake with the pan she was holding.

     "I called in the office for you. I just said you were sick, but seriously. A hangover? It's only been your first week."

      Suzy sat down at the table and Min turned off the stove.

     "You know, you did said some interesting things yesterday," Min chuckled, "It was entertaining."

     Suzy dropped her chopsticks.

     "What did I say?" 

     "Oh, I don't know..." Min laughed.

 

(Last night)

    Bora was heaving drunk Suzy up the stairs to where her apartment room was.

    "34?" Bora looked for the door number and pressed the doorbell.

    Min opened the door and she was almost apalled to see Suzy's embarassing state.

    "Unni!" Suzy smiled dreamily. 

    "We had dinner with some coworkers," Bora tried to laugh, but she felt uneasy. 

    "Oh my god," Min took Suzy into her arms, "Thank you so much! I'm so sorry about this."

    "It's part of my job," Bora smiled, "Well, have a good night."

    "Thanks," and Min closed the door. 

    "You little rascal!" Min scolded, but obviously Suzy didn't hear that.

     "Sae-su jeum hae," Min said. (Wash your face)

     "Ahn-dae!" Suzy shouted and tried to run away.

     "Ya, Suzy!" Min yelled and grabbed her sister. 

     She literally dragged Suzy to the bathroom and splashed water on her sister's face.

     "These lips!" She sobbed loudly, "No!" 

     Min rolled her eyes and shoved a towel in Suzy's face.

     The last thing she could manage to do was get Suzy on top of her bed. Min sat beside her.

     "What did you do?" she asked in a gentle tone.

     "You ruined these lips!" Suzy wailed again.

     "Oh, what is up with the lips!" Min was pissed off.

     "Jonghyun!" Suzy cried, "You ruined it!" 

     "Someone kissed you?" Min laughed. 

     Suzy just kept crying and shoved her face into a pillow, lying on her stomach. Min realized her sister would be fine and walked out of the room.

 

(Back to next morning at breakfast)

    Suzy couldn't find herself able to eat comfortably in front of her sister.

    "So," Min asked teasingly, "Who's Jonghyun?"

    "He works in the same company," Suzy replied quickly, "That's all."

    "But you kissed him?"

    "I didn't kiss him!" Suzy accidentally spat out a piece of the pancake.

    "Ew," Min wrinkled her nose and cleared it away with a napkin.

    "I didn't!" Suzy raised her chopsticks at Min.

    "Hey!" Min put her hands up as if she was getting arrested, "I made you breakfast."

    "Ugh!" Suzy groaned and slammed her chopsticks onto the table, "I'm going back to sleep!" 

    "You'll get indigestion if you lay down now!" Min called out as Suzy walked towards her room.

    "I don't care!" Suzy shouted back. 

    Suzy jumped onto her bed and took out her phone. She dialed Bora's number.

    "Hello?" Bora answered right away to Suzy's relief.

    "Hi Bora," Suzy said nervously, "Um, can I have Jonghyun's number? I have to ask him something important."