1

Last Romeo

 

 

All I see is darkness. My whole life is full of darkness. Until that one day, he showed up, he is the light of my life. He is my Last Romeo.

 

Hello, my name is Hanmi, queen of Kiss Land. From the name of my land, it might seem as if we are a kingdom of happy people filled with love and laughter. But, we are far from that. Our land is full of cries and sufferings, due to the never-ending war that have been happening between The Kiss Land and The Darkness for decades. I am the 43rd generation queen to lead my kingdom hopefully to victory.

 

Why is a queen leading a kingdom? Isn't that what a king should do? Many have questioned these. My land is made up of woman. We are not the kind of girls that are weak and always the damsel in distress. We are strong, we fight for our life, our country, we fight for our freedom. And you have guessed it, yes, The Darkness are made up of man. They have beem eyeing our country for decades and thus this war have never ceased and will never until one of us have the complete victory.

 

"Milady! We have a problem, the Darkness have sent an army of approximately 100 to attack us from the West gate!" One of the soldier ran in the meeting room that is filled with maps and battle plans. "Seomi! Bring an army of 200 to push them back! We can't have them forcing their way in!" I ordered. "Yes milady!" Seomi ran out to prepare her army for battle. You walk out to the podium and the army that is heading out have gathered in front of the podium to hear what you have to say. "We are ready milady." Seomi reported and stand beside me. I nodded and turn to the army. "Tonight, an army from The Darkness have attacked us from the West Gate. I want you all to fight your best and do our Kingdom proud!" I said and it was followed by the cheers of my army. I give the signal for them to move out. "Be safe and return to me Seomi." I whispered into Seomi's ears. "Yes milady." She smiled and walk to her horse and galloped away as I watch them move out.

 

I went back to the meeting room and continue to plan our next move. "This can't go on. We need to end this. I dont want to see anymore sufferings." I said clenching my fist tight as I try to hold back my tears. "Sorry, let's continue planning our next move." I controlled myself and concentrate on the plans.

 

"Milady!  They have returned victorious! General Seomi is back!" my eyes widened and I ran out to welcome them. They are full of cuts and dirt but they have smiles on their face as they walk past the cheering crowd that welcome them back. I ran out and hug Seomi tightly. "Thank god you are safe." I whispered and let my tears dropped. "Of course milady. I have promised you." She winked her playful wink and we laughed. "Come on, let's get you clean up." I said as I pull Seomi in. Seomi is my bestfriend since I can remember.  We have been together since birth and we are inseparable. She is my most trusted right hand girl and I can't imagine what I will do if I lose her.

 

"Alright, are all my committee members here?" I asked as I sit down on the chair in the meeting room and gestured for them to sit as well. "Yes milady, we are all here." Hyunsoo, a member of the committee replied and I nod. "Good. Can someone update Seomi on what we are going to do next?" I requested. "Yes milady." Ari another member stood up. "Seomi, when you are in the battle, we have made up a plan. We are planning to go all out. We are going to invade The Darkness with all we have." "And I'm going to be leading you all." I finished. "What?!" All the members looked at me with wide eyes. "No milady! If anything were to happen to you, what will happen to us? There will be no one to lead us!" Ari exclaimed. "No, I will lead you all and that's that." I ordered. "But..." Hyunsoo tried to argue back but my glare stopped her. I sighed, "look guys. I want to be part of the battle.  I know that anything will happen on the battlefield.  But if I were to die, I want to die proudly that I have also did my part in protecting our beautiful kingdom. I want to fight along with you guys, you are all my friends, my family. I love you guys a lot." I said. The committee members stared at me with tearful eyes and together they said, "Yes milady..." "Thank you..." I let out the breath that I have held in unknowingly.

 

Battle day

 

I got on my white horse and turn around to see my army with pride. "Today, it shall be a battle for the key to victory. We will win this and restore this piece of beautiful land back to how it was." I turned around to face the door that is wide open right now and draw my sword out. "For Kiss Land!" I shouted as I charged forward and my army cheer as they follow. "Nice speech eh?" Seomi said playfully as she ride beside me. "Stop it you." I playfully push her and we laugh. Today shall be the day where peace and love be restored.

 

We have finally arrived at the Darkness. We charged in and of course this plan took them by surprise. But regardless, they still fought back well. I, Seomi, Ari and Hyunsoo manage to charge all the way to the castle of the Darkness. I gulped as we walk down the long corridor of the palace. The place reeks of sweat and musty smell. Boys, they will never be clean. I rolled my eyes when I saw one underwear lying on the floor. We continue to walk down and finally we reach the throne. There he was, the king of Darkness. He looks like he was expecting us as he smirk smugly at us. Soon we find us being surrounded by the army that have been lying around waiting for the best time to ambush us. The three girls place themselves around me acting as a barrier. I stare at the king and he did the same back. "Stop this madness right now. King of Darkness." I demanded as I stare hard into his eyes. "Well well, we do we have here. Queen of Kiss Land? My name is Myungsoo. The 43rd generation King of Darkness." He walk down his throne and closer to us. Seomi saw it and block him from walking any closer. "Whatever, I don't care what your name is but I want this war to end. You can choose to negotiate or to fight till death." I spat. "Fiesty, I like." He smirk. With a nod of his head,  the guards start to attack us. "I see, so your answer is to fight till death." I said as I fight back a guard. 

 

But since its a unfair fight between 4 girls and dozens of guys, we are outnumbered and soon brought down. "Bring the queen to me." King Myungsoo ordered.  "Let go of me!" I screamed as I kick the air as the guard lift me off the ground and carry me over to the king. King Myungsoo grabbed my face as if to examine if I got any scratches on my face and we locked eyes, for a spilt second I thought I saw concern in his eyes. The King of Darkness worrying about me? Ha. Thats the most stupid thing I have ever thought in my whole life. 

 

He stood up and cough awkwardly as he scratch the back of his head and command his man to bring my girls to the dungeon and ordered them to be treated specially. And the guard smirked. My eyes widened and I try to run forward to save them but was held back by the King himself. "Where do you think you are going my Queen?" I look at him with disgist evident on my face and asked, "Excuse me? Your Queen? Don't make me laugh please." He smirked and pull my face so close to him that I can feel his breath on my lips as he breath out. "Let go of me." I whispered as I squint my eyes in anger. "Make me." He smirked and kissed me. My eyes widened and I pushed him away and followed by a slap. The guards moved in the catch me but he held out a hand to stop them. "It's okay." He said as he touch the area I slapped him. I cover my mouth as he walk nearer to me. "Stay away." I said in muffled noise because my hand is covering my mouth. He lift up a hand and I close my eyes thinking that he will slap me but to my surprise the pain never came and a soft hand grab my wrist. I opened my eyes and then see the king holding my hand. I was about to pull away when he start pulling me along with him. "Where are you pulling me to?!" I screamed as I struggle to break free. "My room of course." He smirk and continue to pull me. My eyes widened and I struggled even more to pull away. "LET ME GO!" my voice echoed along the hallway. This is gonna be hell of a stay. Ugh.