1/1

Robbers

THE ROBBERS ( x )


When Sungyeol closes his eyes, he can almost feel his feet lifting off the ground. He doesn’t need them open. With a reassuring squeeze delivered to his hand that is entangled with Myungsoo’s, he flies away. He escapes.

 

They’re running, his lungs are aching and he can’t take a fresh  intake of air. Soon, he learns he doesn’t need his own breath as long as he shares one with Myungsoo. Thinner lips on his own fit so perfectly that he’s too caught up in the moment and he forgets he was running in the first place. Right now it’s just the two of them embraced in each others’ warmth and he has never, never found the idea of escaping so appealing.

 

While Myungsoo’s hand touches the cold glass of the window, the pupils are busy regarding the wall of rain and  Sungyeol in the middle, twirling around, head up in the sky. Sometimes Myungsoo thinks Sungyeol doesn’t need him to fly.

 

Sungyeol can’t help but to let out a light-hearted laughter when he feels Myungsoo’s fingers tracing his features, the skin ghosting against his own making him feel the sparks dancing on the whole surface of his body while his head is in clouds. And the moment when a thumb brushes itself against his bottom lip, he parts his lips without thinking. The next thing he feels is the softness enveloping his lips, warmth spreading itself and finding its way to every cell. His lips aren’t chapped anymore.

 

The metal is heavier in his hand than he has imagined it. Although it doesn’t matter when he senses his heart weighing much more in his chest. Myungsoo doesn’t shake,  he realises that the trembling comes from Sungyeol who steals some of the sanity from Myungsoo who stands motionless, a faint smile on his face. A small curl of the corner of his lips. But it’s there and it’s more than enough since he knows that stealing bright smiles is Sungyeol’s speciality.

 

It’s weird how he still is able to hear Sungyeol’s soft gasp after he pulls the trigger and the hook overwhelms their surroundings. “Run” whispers the taller and he obeys. Myungsoo remembers to hold Sungyeol's hand while doing so. His heart has never been so light.

 

When Sungyeol's running again, he doesn't feel Myungsoo's lips. Instead, there is a hand resting on the small of his back, letting him know that he's not running alone, that his thoughts aren't the only one in the race. Next, there are fingers caressing the wings. 

 

More black feathers have been growing since they met. But he doesn't mind. Myungsoo likes black.

 

Getting inside the river doesn't help him. White feathers are gradually fading away and his heart is beating faster. And when he spots Myungsoo who's running towards him with only his cheap jeans on, water splashing ,he comes to conclusion that he has never felt so alive before.

 

Someone once told Myungsoo that stealing is bad. However, he cannot  possibly yearn for something else than stealing a certain heart. He wants to steal it all: time, heart, attention. And as much as he's aware that he can't be absolved, he decides to take another bite of an apple. It's bittersweet.

 

When Myungsoo closes his eyes, he can feel his weight being lifted off the ground. He doesn't need to open his eyes to know who's taking him. Holding tightly on remaining white feathers, he lets himself wander around the clouds with Sungyeol.  

 

Soon, he pulls them all out and he falls. Sungyeol falls with him.

 

One day, when they're sitting next to each other by bonfire, Sungyeol's head is resting on his shoulder and a hot breath tickles his neck. He wraps his arm around the other, pulling him closer.

 

"You look so cold"

 

He thinks it's funny how he quotes Sungyeol. Especially with the difference of contexts. 

 

Sungyeol's reply engraves itself in him. Myungsoo smiles softly. 

 

"I may be an angel, but you are my guardian"

 

Myungsoo doesn't need to ponder who stole his all first. He just robs an apple from the orchard and feeds Sungyeol. And then, they run.

 


A/N That was my attempt on symbolism and since I am not the best, I wonder who actually understood it ( because even I was confused at times ). Any questions? Thoughts? Theories? Feel free to dop by. Thank you for reading.