chap 1

A Witch, and her Voodoo Doll

Krystal is a girl with irrational despairs in her life, pale skin, empty mind, and doesn’t care with anything around her. She doesn’t go to school often, knitting and collecting twigs are more fascinating than meeting with friends or hang out in cool places. Krystal is this kind of girl.

There’s always this cheerful boy with so many friends at every schools, he’s not kind of prince popular but his presence is quite a joy and bringing happiness to people around him. It’s Ken, he has a bunch of jokes to tell every single day, if a group of kids suddenly burst into laugh, undoubtedly Ken is there among them.

--

“I saw that weird girl in the hallway, she attends classes!”

“Hurry up and give her the invitation, make sure she’ll come.”

“I never speak to her before, ask the other.”

“Don’t make this even difficult, just pass this goddamn invitation and say we’re really want her to come, okay!”

“How about Ken, ask him to give her this invitation card he knows how to talk with girls and he never fail.”

“Good Idea!”

 

Several boys approached him in the cafeteria that day, asking him whether he willing to grant their wish or not. But things was a bit unusual..

 

“Come on, guys.. it can’t be.. like.. what I’m thinking right now, right?” Ken laughed uneasy.

“What? We just want her to come to the party, man, that’s all!” one of them replied with strange smirk on his face.

“No, I know it’s not.” Ken shook his head and walked away when the boys gripped his shoulder.

“You’re so rude, man, we’re asking for help.”

Ken turned around and face them, “Give it to me.”

“That’s my friend! You’re my favorite person, Ken, you know it!”

 

The boys left and they were giggling, Ken knows exactly what will happen if that girl really come to the party, it’s worst than bullying. The only way to prevent this to happen is make sure she won’t come.

--

After class ended, Ken ran to her, it’s the first time he talk to her again after 10 years when they were still a child.

“Krystal.. you came to school, what a surprise.” Ken began the conversation.

The girl stare at him, still empty, no life, “Hmm.”

“This.. is Jun’s party invitation, tonight.” Ken stuttered, “It’s a quite wild paty..” his palms sweating.

“A party..?” Krystal took that card from his hand, “Nice..” she whispered.

“Don’t come!” Ken shouted. his eyes widened.

“Why?” Krystal’s voice soft and almost sounds like a breath, she has always like that from elementary school.

“Just don’t, they’ll do something bad to you.”

Krystal breathed, “Like what, pour pig blood onto my face?”

“I don’t know, probably!” Ken shrugged.

“Whatever.” And then she left.

--

She appeared with black mini dress that night, alone, and mesmerizing. Ken was on the balcony drinking with his friends suddenly choked himself and ran downstairs to see her. He looked so worried.

 

“What are you doing!” he hissed.

“I was invited, right?” Krystal replied.

Ken took a deep breath and narrowed his eyes, “Come, just one drink and I’ll drive you home.”

“You’re so good to me, thank you, Ken.” Krystal looked so hypnotized with the party, it was her very first party in her life.

--

It was like a glimpse of light when suddenly a group of girls dragged him and threw him into the pool and at the same time, someone put a pinch of drug into Krystal’s glass and after a gulp, she passed out. Her half-unconscious body was carried into a dark room full of boys, drunk and aroused. One by one they gang her, they kissed her, her in so many parts, taped it, and laughed at it.

 

“WHAT THE ARE YOU GUYS DOING!!! STOP IT! STOOPP!!!”

 

When Ken broke in, it was already too late, too late for everything. Krystal was half- and her underwear was on the floor, her thighs were wet and sticky, and so many red marks on her chest. All the boys left them as if nothing happened.

Ken cried, he cried so hard, he just realized that it wasn’t just a friendly attention, he’s really in love with this girl since forever. And everything is his fault.

Ken pulled over the car and stopped right in front of Krystal’s house, his chest thumped so fast and sweats were dripping on his face.

 

“Kryst..”

“You keep your promise, you drove me home.” The girl was awake, all the red marks were gone.

“Are.. are you okay?” Ken’s voice trembled and he sounded like almost crying.

“No.”

“I told you not to come.. I told you.” Ken’s tears flew down.

“So it wasn’t a pig blood.”

Ken stared at her in disbelief, “Krystal..”

She got out of the car and walked to her house unsteady, the boy immediately ran and followed her in worry. The girl walked in and slammed the door, she just walked ignoring everything until she reached her bed, and sleep.

--

Ken covered his eyes with his hand from sunrays, he was still in his car and in the same place, Krystal’s house. The boy carefully left his car and went to knock the door, but there was no answer.

Someone opened the door, “Come..” a soft voice from inside, it’s Krystal’s.

 

Once he got in, he felt so strange, the house, the smell, the air inside it. It was cold and quiet.

“I have a soup, wanna some?”

“A SOUP? SOUP? I ALMOST DIE FREEZING OUT THERE THINKING WHETHER YOU WERE OKAY OR NOT!”

“A girl was gang- while being drugged by boys, do you think she would be okay?” she asked.

“No!.” Ken shouted.

“Okay, here try my soup.”

“You enjoyed it, didn’t you?”

 

Suddenly he felt that like he lost control of his body, he couldn’t feel anything but still fully awake. And at that time, Krystal came to him with a knife and she slowly stabbed him right on his left chest.

“That’s your heart right?” Krystal whispered, “I’ll tear it apart.” Then she pushed the knife even deeper and twisted it.

Ken didn’t feel anything, it was like a tickle but almost like nothing. The girl pulled the knife out and he didn’t bleed at all, it was like she just cut a wax figure.

Soon after Krystal threw the knife into the washbasin, Ken went back to normal, he fell down on his knees and shocked.

 

“What did you do, what was that?!” Ken moved away avoiding to get close to her, he looked so shocked.

“Nothing, it was nothing you need to worry.”

 

His phone decided to ring in this crucial time, Ken picked it up quickly and answered it.

 

“What?!” he blasted out, “Jesus Christ!! I'll meet you in a few minutes!!” Ken's quick, heavy breath pictured everything he felt, he blinked several times probably hoping it was only a bad dream, but it wasn't.

 

Ken stared at her in fear, it was his friend from school told him that Jun just died during the class, and it was sudden death, so many blood came out from his mouth.

 

“What are you?” Ken’s voice trembled, “You killed him right!?” he started to cry, “You used my body to kill my friend!”

“You’re right, I killed him.” Krystal took a sip of her milk.

Ken was still on the floor holding his chest, it didn’t bleed but the she left a scar. “What are you?”

“I’m a witch.”