one

Europa II

Jinri was making her way back home from work when she saw him again. Her heart raced and her anger rose, she didn’t know why he was standing there in front of her apartment. She never thought that she would see him again after that day.

“What are you doing here? Where is he?” she spat. The man in front of her door fixed his posture, sighed and rolled his eyes.

“That’s not the proper way to greet your uncle, now is it?” He took the cigarette that was lazily placed in between his fingers and crushed it on Jinri’s welcome mat.

“Uncle? Since when did you consider yourself as my uncle? Now tell me, where’s my dad, you filthy animal?” Jinri didn’t hold back on her words. She wanted to get rid of him, but at the same time keep him here long enough to tell her where the hell her dad was.

“Why would I tell you? You were the one who put him on bed rest.” He smirked. Jinri huffed and crossed her arms. She has no time for this—she never did. She could feel her blood boil even more as her hands clenched into fists.

“If you won’t tell me where he is, then don’t. I don’t need you anyway. I can find him myself. Now, move.” She pushed the man that reeked of smoke out of the way of her front door. Before she could open it, unfortunately, the man grabbed her by the collar of her shirt from behind.

“Ah, ah, ah, you can’t just enter a man’s house like that. That’s considered as trespassing.”

Jinri glared at him, showing him that she was more than frustrated, “What?”

“Oh, you don’t know? I bought this apartment. It’s mine now.”

Jinri’s hands balled into fists again, “Excuse me?” She seethed.

“You can go inside now. I’ll give you three hours to pack. Hurry,” he smirked.

Jinri was at a loss for words. How did he buy it from her? Where was she going to live? Why is he doing this to her? What has she done in her past life to deserve this?

She shook the thoughts away, fighting the urge to punch him and call the police. She didn’t like showing her weak side to anyone—especially to him.

Jinri huffed as she opened the door, “Fine. Have it your way, .” Was she really going to give up this fast?

She thought arguing with him was pointless, anyway.

Jinri decided that her furniture was the least of her worries and packed everything she could. She thought that three hours were more than enough for her, and she was right. She finished packing thirty minutes before time was up. She took the large bags and suitcases and headed out. She didn’t look back.

Just as if things couldn’t get any worse, it started to rain. It was three in the morning and it began to rain. Great, Jinri thought. She had to be at work in three hours and she still hasn’t eaten or slept. She took shade from a bus shelter, not too far away from the company. Jinri debated whether she should call Soojung, but she didn’t want to be a burden, especially at three in the morning. Jinri decided that she would go to the company building when the rain calms down. She waited two hours.

It was five in the morning and Jinri could feel the bags under her eyes weigh her down. Her makeup was smudged and she was still soaking and shivering from the rain. She slowly made her way to the company as the cold morning breeze hit her again and again. She checked her watch.

5:50am

Jinri was standing in front of the company, having difficulties scanning her fingerprint because she kept shivering from the cold. She was eventually able to open the tall glass doors and when she did, she startled nearly everyone who saw her. She quietly made her way to the staff room, took a dry change of clothes from her suitcase and the makeup bag from her purse. She headed to the washroom to finally fix herself up. There, she bumped into Soojung.

“Jinri, what happened?” she gasped, seeing her co-worker in such a state.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m all wet.”

"Yes, I see that, but why? You're wearing the same clothes as yesterday too!" Soojung pointed out.

Jinri rolled her eyes in annoyance. This isn't how she wanted to start her day.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the hospital resting right now? You fainted, for Pete's sake, Soojung."

Soojung shook her head, "I'm all better now, see!" she twirled around, "Thanks for caring!"

"I don't." Jinri sighed. She brushed past Soojung to get to room so that she could finally make herself look decent. She prayed that she wouldn't get a cold, because that would just add more to her burdens. Once she was finished, she went up to the rooftop to dry her wet clothes off.

"What are you doing here?" she spat.

"I should be asking you that."

"Whatever." she rolled her eyes.

"Have you thought about it?"

Jinri stopped. She hasn't found the time to think about it since they talked about it.

"Sehun, I have other things to worry about so please--"

"So you haven't thought about it?"

Jinri had no energy to deal with him or anyone. She needed to find something to eat before she passes out, and a place to sleep before work ends. She ignored Sehun and continued to hang her clothes on the rack with costumes on it. When she was done, she avoided eye contact and made her way to the door. He tried to stop her but she walked down the stairs, sighing.

All he's been doing is run after her.

 

During her break, Jinri took the time to call a few landlords to see if they had any rooms for her to stay in. Unfortnately, Jinri couldn't find any that were within her budget.

"But I just need a place to sleep at least for tonight. You see my house was taken--" a long tone indicating that the caller had hung up rang in Jinri's ears.

"Do you need a place to sleep? You can sleep at my house!" Jinri sighed and held the bridge of her nose. Soojung was stading at the doorway, but Jinri didn't bother looking her way. She ignored her nonetheless and kept searching for a place to stay. Soojung sat in the chair across from Jinri, who had her eyes focused on the screen of her phone.

"You can sleep at my house, you know. Free of charge."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because we're freinds? Oh, come on, Jinri! It can be like a big sleepver!" Soojung squealed.

"No."

"Why not?"

"No."

"Jinri, please!"

"No."

"Please, please, please! I swear you don't have to do anything to pay me back!"

"If I say yes, will you shut up and leave me alone?"

Soojung nodded in excitement.

Jinri sighed, "Fine."

--

Should i even continue this? Or maybe is there anyone willing to take over?? I swear, whenever I log on, I always have new interests.

I'm sorry if this isnt the kind of update you guys wanted.