The Dream...?

Oppa is Trapped In My Cellphone?!

A/N: This is based off a dream. It is by no means realistic.

 

It was a normal Saturday night, and I was hanging out with my friends at my house. We were planning to stay up late and maybe even sleep over, but then again that was going to be decided on how lazy we felt.

Cha Hakyeon was playing with sleepy Wonshik's hair, and Hyuk and Hongbin were listening to music together, their heads leaning sweetly on each other. I had no idea where Jaehwan was, and I was a bit concerned since the weather forecast said it was going to pour at night. Taekwoon was isolated from the whole group, as usual, but I wanted to talk to him. But it would be a bit suspicious, right? Agh... it's not easy having a crush on an emotionless potato!

I glanced towards him again. He was sitting near the window, the moonlight perfectly shining on his pale skin, making him look enchanted. His blonde hair (that we recently convinced/forced him to dye) was tinted blue by the gentle glow and he looked like a painting. (sorry Hongbin)

All of a sudden Jaehwan randomly strode into the room, laughing evilly and twirling a magician wand. We all turned towards him and Wonshik jolted up from his sleep.

Hakyeon looked at the wand he was holding. "Yah, Ken. Where'd you get that?"

"Oh... just something I found laying around..." He drawled in response, twirling the stick around.

I stared at the wand also. It was made of a type of swirling and twirling multicolored, multipatterned plastic and metal. There was a small gem at the bottom that was pink and yellow with hints of grey and a bigger spherical jewel at the top that was green, purple, and red, and had a black checkered top hat on it. It was glowing in a way that made it look eerily real and I swore I could see hints of orange mist floating around the larger crystal. I looked up at Jaehwan and he had an odd look in his eyes, and his "faux evil" smile was strangely more serpentine and villanous than usual.

He looked straight at me and grinned wider, pointing his wand and spinning it a little.

"you, do you want to play a game...?"

I gaped and scrambled back in response. The other members didn't seem to notice anything, but I was paranoid. Jaehwan was normally a wild and 4d character but today... today something was off. And I didn't exactly know what.

Suddenly, he snapped his wrist and pointed his wand towards Taekwoon, who was ignoring him. Jaehwan's eyes narrowed as he began to mutter something in a dangerous voice while still smiling evilly, and a short while later, he twirled his wand, tracing an 'x' shape in the air, and a giant puff of thick orange-green smoke filled the air.

When it finally cleared, standing before me was not Jaehwan, or Ken, or any of his wild 4d characters...

...but an old magician who was dressed in a wildly colored suit and top hat, grinning chesirely.

"Wh-what...? Who are you??" I stuttered, almost screaming. I glanced wildly around the room, but everyone seemed to be frozen, and a strange purple-yellow dust was covering them, like a time spell or something. Everything else seemed to be normal.

The spellmaster simply chuckled, admiring his handiwork. "Just a renowned, very evil magician and the King of the Fairies." he answered simply.

I stood up on shaky legs, and looked towards the window that Taekwoon was resting at, hoping that he wasn't paralyzed as well.

No one was there.

"Where is he??" I demanded, rushing towards him in a fury. "What do you wa--"

With a blast of energy from his cursed wand, I was thrown back onto the ground quite harshly.

"Why don't you check your phone?" He asked omniously. I fumbled around for my phone and turned it on, and to my horror, Taekwoon was standing behind the lock screen, banging on it with both fists. He seemed to be saying something but I couldn't make it out. Then the phone was yanked out of my hands.

"I'll take that." The magician laughed. "Are you ready for our game?"

"No!!" I shrieked, grabbing for the phone. "Give it back!! Take him out!!"

He floated back, out of reach, and tsked. "Such an impatient girl... if you're going to be like that, I'll just keep him forever."

I stopped for a second. If I didn't play the game... then I'd lose Taekwoon and possibly everyone else... forever. If I did play, I'd be falling right into a trap... but at least I could get Taekwoon oppa back. I haven't even confessed yet... much less than even talk to him normally.

"Tick-tock, you. What's your choice? To play or not to play, that is the question." He waited, an unreadable smile on his face.

"I..." I balled my hands into fists. "...I will play! And I won't lose to the likes of you!!"

The magician clapped his hands happily. "Wonderful, wonderful!! You made the right choice, you." He then waved his wand, making whitish-pink trails behind it, and everything vanished into white.

Next thing I knew, I was strapped to a chair above a gigantic barbeque under me, that was flaming with humongous red-hot coals.

"What the heck is this??"

 

 

"It's the first round out of five of the game!!" The magician sang, twirling in the air. He landed in some sort of MC chair and grabbed a mic. "The rules are; 1, Answer questions until you reach the top to safety! 2, Every question answered right will move you up and every question wrong will move you down into the barbeque! 3, If you give up, it's roasting time~~! It's a real HOT SEAT!!"

I bit my lip and nodded. "Let's start then."

Looking up at the ceiling, there seemed to be another floor above us, with a hole for the chair to go through.

The magician flipped through a bunch of cards and picked out one. "Let's start with someone you know but don't know well!"

Someone I know but don't know well...? Who could that--

"What is Jung Taekwoon's favorite food?!" He shouted confidently.

"10... 9--"

"Spring onion!" I replied loudly. I smirked as the chair moved up. If it was going to be questions about Taekwoon, then I already know all of them! The magician seemed to sense this, and tensed a little. He flipped through his cards again, and picked out one. He seemed satisfied and grabbed his mic.

"What is Jung Taekwoon's ideal type?!"

His ideal type, huh? I... I never asked that...

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6..."

What am I going to do...

"5... 4... 3..."

"Trick question! He falls in love with people based on the feeling!" 

E-Ehhh? My mouth just moved on its own... I glanced around, confused. Was there a ghost or something helping me? What is this?

The chair moved up again. Based on how much the chair moves per question, I just needed one more before I'm safe. I crossed my fingers, hoping that the next two questions weren't too hard and that the ghost-thing would help me again. Meanwhile, the magician violently flipped through his cards, throwing some into the barbeque, before he finally picked out one.

"What sports team is Jung Taekwoon on?!"

I remember that he was on a sports team... but which one?!

"Because this is the last question, you only get 5 seconds! 5..."

Didn't he quit or something...?

"4..."

Because...of an injury, right? He always said his back was bad...

"3..."

"Trick question! He quit due to injuries!"

The chair moved up and launched itself into the air... and then... I found myself standing in a haunted house.

 

 

The magician floated out from one of the windows.

"Round two of five! Find the key out of this spooky house! You must search around the haunted house for the key before the clock strikes twelve! Be careful... some things in here will kill you... and it's not fake at all..."

He faded away into the darkness, laughing manically. I turned around and saw the door... and it was locked. I stepped deeper into the house, trying to be careful... when I felt a prescence behind me. Slowly turning my head... my eyes met two hollow eye sockets of a girl. She started to screech and chase after me. I screamed in response and ran as fast as I could away from her.

While running, I ran into a room, locked the door, and tried to search the cabinets, but she started to pound on the ancient, rotten wood and soon enough, found her way in, and I had to start running again, covering my ears from her constant screaming.

On a wall, I saw a teddy bear that was nailed to it, and when I ran closer to it, its head started to droop at a grotesque angle and blood ran out of its eyes and mouth. I ran away, of course, and I heard the first ring of the clock.

Bong...

I continued to run through the house, somehow losing the girl and I ran into a room which had several skeletons in it and I searched the shelves, finding nothing, but then when I turned to leave, the door closed... and locked. I panicked and banged on the door loudly, but it's as if it was just a decoration mounted on the wall. It didn't budge. I heard nails scratching on the other side of the door and the room all of a sudden turned cold. Words appeared on the door that read; 'YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS PLACE.' and my heart thudded even louder as the second tone rang in response.

Bong... Bong...

Why does the clock ring so quickly? I thought angrily as I tried to force the door open. The thing on the other side started to pound too, and it had superhuman strength. I backed away in fear as the door started to crack, and then it broke. A creature which was standing on four legs and a crooked back was staring at me, and then it lunged. I barely managed to get out of the way as it lodged itself in the wall and then I kept running.

Bong... Bong... Bong...

The clock seemed to be ticking faster and faster... I must use my time more wisely.

I ran up the stairs, kicking away a living doll of a baby which started chasing me while laughing creepily. I shuddered and kept sprinting, opening a closet which contained a corpse. Screaming, I ran away and just tried to run into every room there was. The key didn't seem to be anywhere and everything I did just made more and more monster-like things chase me. There was even a floating mannequin head chasing after me now.

Not to mention, the clock was on its ninth chime.

Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong...

I ram towards a dead end, and the only thing there was a window that didn't open. I tried to force it open but it still didn't work, and some of the things that were after me were catching up, the first being the mannequin head. Without thinking, I grabbed it and smashed the window with it, and surprisingly, the window smashed open, glass bits flying everywhere. I could hear the clock ticking from outside, and it sounded weird, like something was jammed inside. Looking behind me, I could see that the monsters were catching up.

Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong...

Grabbing the ledge, I climbed onto the roof and eyed the clock. I scrambled up even further and latched on to the face of the mechanism and pulled it off. I wasn't even thinking right now, I was just trying to get out of here. As soon as it came off, gears and chains and wires could be seen, and sitting in the middle of the mess, tangled in a mass of metal, was an old, rusted key. I reached in and pulled, and after a lot of tugging, the key sprang free, and the clock chimed again.

Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong... Bong...

I had to somehow get back inside, and so, still not thinking at all, I plunged into the mass of cursed creatures and started running. My legs and insides and everything was burning and aching and hurting and I was sure that I was bleeding pretty badly but I didn't care. I had to save Taekwoon.

I managed to get downstairs, jam the key into the lock, turn and kick open the door. I then collapsed onto the ground in a mass of gasping and panting. The magician floated up behind me and clapped.

"Well done, m'dear, well done. You haven't died yet, I'm surprised..."

I didn't reply as everything turned white again and I was teleported away.

 

 

I was lying down in my house, and I blinked, surprised. Did the magician give up? Am I really home?

Everyone was playing as usual, Hakyeon with Wonshik, Jaehwan fooling around, and Hongbin with Sanghyuk. And Taekwoon alone, as normal. I walked up to him and tilted my head to the side. Is this even real?

He looked up at me, removing his earbud, and opened his mouth to ask me what I wanted. I sighed and patted his head.

"I'm sorry, but..."

Taekwoon's face became confused. "...But...?"

"You're... not real."

At those words, he disappeared in a puff of blue smoke. I gazed around the room and everything else was vanishing, too, and from that blue smoke, the magician appeared.

"How did you figure that out so... quickly...?" he muttered in a spiteful voice.

"I could tell from when Taekwoon started to talk. He would normally just wait for you to talk first..." I trailed off as we were whisked off again, the magician grumbling one last time.

"...I thought that this troublesome, stupid girl would fall for that more easily... it looks like she knows him better than I thought."

 

 

When the light faded, I saw that I was standing on a stone road, and one either sides of the stone road there were huge statues, six on each side. On closer inspection of the engraving the first three read 'January, February, March...' and the rest followed in order. The magician twirled out of nowhere and started off with the rules.

"Replace the twelve amulets! Each and every one of the statues has an amulet, you must figure out how to make them hand it over and then you must find where you're supposed to put all of them!"

He the floated into the air to watch from above, chortling as he magicked up some popcorn. I had a bed feeling about this... if those statues were living, then it was like he told the statues not to give them to me or something. I decided to start with January, walking up to him.

"Excuse me... January... can you please give me your amulet...?"

The statue was silent for a moment and then there was a bit of rumbling before it burst out into laughter. The sculpture itself didn't move, but the voice coming from it was certain.

"You think that I'll give up my amulet for you, little girl? Better get that puny brain of your checked!"

The other statues joined in on his laughter. I puffed out my cheeks, holding in my anger, and I bowed down to him. All for Taekwoon oppa... do it all for Taekwoon oppa... if it's for Taekwoon oppa...

"No, I don't think so... but can you please lend me it? Someone I love is in trouble and he could die--"

He started to roar. "So what?! That has nothing to do with me! Just go home and give up!"

"I-I can't--"

"Then leave! I don't care if you die or if that idiot of yours dies! Go aw-"

"January, control your behavior!"

One of the statues, who was female, had starting talking back to him. January was enraged.

"SHUT UP, MAY! I'M THE BOSS HERE, Y'HEAR?!"

The female statue next to May, who was April, shouted back. "Hey! You don't talk to my sister like that! Even if you're the leader, you don't have the right to control us OR pick on a harmless, innocent child!"

"WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT?!"

November sighed. "Little miss, I apologize for January's irrational behavior. He's got a quite an ego, you see."

February hmmphed in agreement. "We'll be happy to help you find your loved one any day~! Say, is he your boyfriend, yet?"

I jumped and blushed. "Wh-What--"

March spoke up. "February, I know you're the month of love but you honestly make me sick sometimes!"

After some more arguing and after I shared my situation, they agreed to help me, and even January was softening up. For some reason, I thought I could see a dark smoke seeping out from his nose and fading away and he got more and more friendlier as it went. We were just all laughing together when a gigantic flash and crash was heard and stones were tumbling everywhere. It had started to pour and thunder could be heard.

"WHY ARE YOU HELPING HER?!" The magician roared as he pushed down the remains of September that he had struck with lightning earlier. The statues gasped and August shouted for my attention.

"He's going to smash us all! you, quickly take our amulets and run for the garden, then lay down each corresponding one down to each of our names! Hurr-"

He was struck down and shattered by more lightning and I had to run to avoid being hit by falling stones. I grabbed a sunny orange gem from his cracked chest and snatched September's which was dark orange and climbed up onto May, who was shrieking for me to hurry. Climbing was really hard since I was soaked to the bone from the pounding rain but I eventually got her lilac-colored jewel and I scrambled onto April, got her light green one, got a pale yellow one from the rubble of March, and barely escaped a smashed February after obtaining his pink one and jumped onto January's ankle and started climbing.

"Hurry! Hurry!!"

"STUBBORN LITTLE GIRL!!" The magician cried out as he aimed for January. I seized his white gem and managed to climb down to his leg before the magician hit us. Covering my head, I ran towards the remains of June, got a gold one, and started clambering up July, got a dark yellow one, and ran past the stony corpse of August and October, getting a black one, and I crawled up November, grabbing a dark ruby, and from December, an ice-blue jewel. I then ran for the garden like August instructed, and in the center was a circular stone with 12 month's names and slots. I slapped down each one in the corresponding gap and the circle lit up and started glowing, bathing everything in a golden light.

I panted and I knew I had torn quite a few muscles. The pain was really bad now, almost excruciating... and I had scratches on my legs and arms and a few on my hands that were bleeding a bit and my lungs and throat were burning. The stone circle was glowing softly now, and words appeared in the center.

'C  O  M  E     H  E  R  E     T  O     B  E    H  E  A  L  E  D'

Reluctantly, I stepped where the words were, and as soon as I did, the light grew unbelievably, blindingly bright and everything went white.

 

 

When I came to, I was lying down, paralyzed on the ground. It was true that I was healed, but I couldn't move, and I was laying down in front of a mirror with a fancy pastel frame, and the magician was standing behind me.

"Persistent little girl... you'll never pass this one! NEVER!!"

With a manical laugh, he kicked me into the mirror and I went through it, like a portal.

 

 

I found myself sitting in a pastel theater, the chairs were light hues of pink, lilac, and sky blue, and the stage was light purple with softly glowing pink curtains. It had a very nice mood to it, but...

...I was the only one there...

The magician's voice came out from a speaker, evil as usual.

"Round five of five! If you lose this round... you'll be stuck in this world forever! And Taekwoon... will die!"

I tightened my grip on the chair and focused. One more game. Then Taekwoon will be free, and everything will be okay. Stay strong, me! Fighting!!

"There is a timed bomb in this room. You have one hour to figure out the 9-letter deactivation code through the dance that the fairies are about to show you. If you, by any chance, enter the wrong code, kaboom time! Oh,. and be careful. The fairies' dance is sooooo good, it's joked to be hypnotic!"

It went silent for a while but then soft, chiming music started to play and the curtains opened. A bunch of fairies came out and started dancing beautifully. It was honestly the most enchanting dance I had ever seen. I was enraptured by it. The twirling ballet motions they made were flawless and the theater was starting to swirl... my vision was blurring... and... I... collapsed...

I had no idea how long I was out for, but when I came to, I was floating in a bunch of pink clouds and bubbles. I laughed and played around, catching and popping the bubbles, and spinning around in midair. I had absolutely no worries and I couldn't even remember what I was doing, all the worrisome thoughts had just slipped out of my brain. The only thing I had to do was nothing. I was safe here.

"What happened to you?"

A soft, familiar voice rippled through this bubble heaven. I turned my head and I could see a mirror with Taekwoon and the evil magician on the other side. I gaped and pressed my hands against it. The magician laughed in response to Taekwoon's question.

"Oh, nothing too bad. The fairie's dance was hypnotic..." he chuckled.

His eyes widened. "you is going to die then... you're going to kill me too, right?"

The magician twirled his wand absentmindedly. "Nope. I'll let you go."

What? The magician... he lied to me? I floated back in shock.

"Why? Weren't you targeting me from the beginning?" Taekwoon was clenching his hands into fists.

"Nope. I wanted to play a game with that little girl. A game... where she dies." the magician stood up and paced around. "I wanted her dead from the beginning... but she was too persistent." Then he muttered under his breath, so Taekwoon couldn't hear. "Truth was, if she lived, I would kill you both."

My hands fell to my sides. I did all those things for nothing... and if I did succeed, Taekwoon and I would both be dead. I could see the timer on the bomb. Six minutes left. I could wake up and deactivate the bomb, I knew the code. But if I did... we would be killed. Five more minutes. I'll just wait... and die. Taekwoon will be safe that way... I closed my eyes and waited.

"you!"

Eh? Taekwoon is calling my name... but why... I nearly killed us both....

"you, please wake up... please live..."

Why...?

The magician laughed in the background. "She'll never wake up. The fairy's spell is good as gold."

"you, please... don't die..."

Four minutes. Four more minutes until Taekwoon is safe...

"you... please... I love you..."

Wh-What? He... he... what?

I sat up, reality rushing back to me. I was back in the pastel theater. Quickly getting up, I ran towards the bomb, which was ticking 4:37, and I typed in 'Taekwoon'. There was a beep, and then it stopped. A mirror appeared out of nowhere and I jumped in without hesitation. 

When I came out the other side, I flew out and landed in Taekwoon's arms. He looked surprised yet happy and his face was the teensiest bit red, which was a bit funny to me. But boefore either of us could sat a word, the magician shrieked and flew into the air with rage, green lightning surrounding us and he shoved us both into a very scary-looking mirror, that had a frame which was made up of all different kinds of twisted patterns and colors. 

 

 

We fell into some sort of maze, that was all sorts of zany colors and patterns, like the mirror frame, and the walls were crooked and illuminated with some sort of strange green light. The magician's voice could be heard echoing off the walls.

"Round six of five! Find your way out before this place completely collapses!" he laughed maincally.

Taekwoon gently patted my head, and he seemed to be thinking deeply. "For some reason... I suspect that there is no way out..."

"The magician said that this place is falling apart, right? Maybe when one part breaks open we can escape from there?" I wondered aloud.

He looked at me for awhile and I was slightly scared that he would dismiss it as retarded but he just nodded. "Let's do it."

We listened for any cracking or breaking noises and followed them but it just led to rubble or a blocked off path. Not to mention the magician was following us the whole way and blasting things which wasn't making any of this easier. 

Finally, as we were running away, a part of the maze cracked open and we sprinted towards it, panting and aching but if it meant freedom, we would keep going. The evil magician howled and shot at us but he just widened the hole and made rubble fall on himself. The ceiling eventually completely fell in, burying in the magician as he screeched and cursed at us but we just kept dashing and finally we ran through...

...And ended up standing in front of a mirror that led to one of the bedrooms in my house which also had a large mirror in it. I glanced at him and he caught my gaze and nodded, so we linked hands and ran in, ignoring the magician's muffled screams.

 

 

When we came to, we found ourselves sprawled out on a bed in my bedroom. I blushed and quickly got up, and Taekwoon slowly opened his eyes.

"you, are we...?"

I walked around and nodded. "We're home!"

Taekwoon got up and walked towards the living room and I followed him. As soon as we entered, we heard loud cheering.

Hakyeon ran up to us. "Yaaaaaaaaaah~~! Taekwoon~ I didn't know that you were 'that type'~"

He blinked, confused. "What...?"

Wonshik, who was lying down on his stomach, grinned. "You totally banged you in that bedroom, right?"

Hongbin and Hyuk wooted in the background, and laughed hysterically when Taekwoon glared at them.

"What...? I did not...? How--"

Ken put his arm around him and smiled, patting his chest. "No need to hide it, Taekwoonie~"

Taekwoon pushed him away, sighed in frustration and looked at me pleadingly. I just giggled at all the commotion and clapped my hands.

"'Kay everyone, it's bedtime~"

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: //dying whale noise

This was so... so... no.

But hope you enjoyed! And please comment if you diiiid~

Feel free to check out my other fanfics also!