Follow the leader ~~~

Follow the leader ~~~[VIXX’s Ken] Lee Jaehwan x OC Nam Dohee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“this one”

“no”

“this one”

“nooo”

“what about, this one”

“nooo”

 

The boy emerged seconds later, grinning widely as if he had struck gold and had won the lottery, which in his mind it was probably equivalent to it anyway.  

“jagi, i have found it”

Before Dohee could open to utter another syllable, Jaehwan had pressed her lips together with his own fingers.

“Sssshshhhhh don’t say anything, i have got the perfect plant, are you ready JAGI?”

She shook her head, her lips still trapped in between his fingers, but ofcourse knowing Jaehwan, if he had something to show………oh boy was he going to show it regardless. In all honesty “are you ready?” it wasn’t even a question, but more of a warning to brace yourself.

“TAAAADAH”

The girl who regretted her shoe choices (platform sandals at a garden centre, what were you thinking girl?) now also regretted bringing her , hyperactive, five year old-trapped in the body of a 22 year old of a boyfriend along too. She wanted to redo her parents’ garden for their wedding anniversary at the end of the month, and it would be the most convenient to do it now as they were away in Bangkok. But after being ditched by her older brother Woohyun who would rather be on a cruise in the Caribbean with his self proclaimed ‘natural’ girlfriend (we’re talking s, chin and legs people!) then to help arrange a heart-warming surprise for the people that gave birth to him (and paid for his car, college tuition fees and his apartment, but that’s another story for another time). So she decided to go on this mission of becoming star child alone. Until she slipped up one day and during one of their movie nights, Jaehwan found her subscription copy of Bloom Korea  and in no time, this guy had formatted a Prezzipresentation as well as a bulletin board which were overflowing with ideas.

(“As team leader i propose you send in the advance for the water fountain so it can be delivered by Thursday, ok?”

“wait……what…… what WHAT!!, Jaehwan there isn’t going to be a water fountain, have you seen the size of the garden? and who made you team leader in the first place?”

“well……this badge did, look i made it with this label maker, how cool right?…….do you want one that says ‘assistant’?”

“oh Jesus help me”

“ok…what about second in command”

“pass me the label maker please”

“are you going make it yourself, trust me i will get it done in under a minute, i don’t want to brag but I’m actually really good at it”

“no, i want to throw at your head, pass it quickly”

“jagi your mean”)  

In all honesty, she thought it wouldn’t be much of a hassle. But as she stood watching her boyfriend who presented to her the exorcist equivalent of a Venus fly trap, all wide eyed and 240 volt grin, she knew it was going to be more difficult than she had originally planned. She pushed against his hand to set her lips free.

“no, no, no babe, because that looks like something out of the little shop of horrors”

Clapping his hands instantly making Dohee jump back in shock, the Film & Drama major leaned in theatrically wiggling his eyebrows and she wondered if he thought he was on stage at Broadway in New York and not at a family owned garden centre in Incheon.

“aaahh that’s where i thought it was from so………..are we still going to get it?”

He blinked at her, whilst tilting his head against the plant like it was some precious poodle

“what part of N.O, did you not understand, its ghastly and wouldn’t fit in. and for the love of God, the only reason i don’t want to get it, is because you will be constantly trying to see how many things you can fit in its trap”

He pressed his lips together and tried not to look so sheepish, because he knew she was right. She was always right. On most days he thought she should’ve been in politics and not have become a journalist.

“don’t grin at me like that you know i’m right”

“WHAT!  what did i do?, and Miss. Nam for your information i think you tend to underestimate my maturity levels.”

She turned around to look at the idiot dressed in a wool sweater, brogues and a fedora eventhough it must have been 130 degrees outside.

“OH really i…tend…to….underestimate…..your….maturity….levels?”

She said in a fascinated tone, but before he could answer, she turned around and started walking down in the direction of the bluebells and sunflowers.

“YAH! I’M….MATURE”

He shouted after her, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. He pouted expecting some form of sympathy against the mean lady from the plant residing in his left arm, but it only looked tempting.

She just replied with a “hmm” as she brushed her fingers against the stem of the sunflowers. As she started looking around for the price for the orange blossoms and chrysanthemums,  she smiled and didn’t have to look around to know what her boyfriend was up to. She just began her countdown, the special one she had created for her man-child.

5…….

“mature, pssshh i can be mature”

4……

“seriously i’m one of the most sensible people i know”

3…….

“scratch that, I AM  the most sensible person i know”

2…..

“this plant is great, Dohee is silly for giving it up”

1……

“like what harm can it do anyway………”

And instantly Nam Dohee broke into an instant grin as she heard the first cries of help coming out of a 5 year old boy who seemed to have been trapped in the body of a 22 year old.

RESULT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Rizz  (kookiem-ocha)