Shutterbug

Eye to Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

Note: rated PG-13 for mild swearing.  (what is mild when it comes to curses, really? =.=)

Warning: fem!Luhan, fem!Yixing, photography!au

 

----oo----

 

“A little to your left, that’s it!”

 

The fluorescent lighting against the backdrop for the photoshoot casts shades of ivory against the model’s skin as Luhan’s camera clicks away madly in the distance. 

 

“Uh huh, a bit more, maybe place your hand on the chair – no, there!  Perfect!”

 

Yixing sighs.  Typical of Luhan to find the best angles to highlight their models’ best features.  She always had a knack for knowing a person’s ideal pose upon first glance, no doubt contributing to the fact her natural, doll-like face and practically glowing skin could be plastered on every issue of Vogue. It’s a wonder how she chose photography in the end as her career, instead of being the one currently flaunting his looks in the lens of her camera. 

 

“Hold on that position, and…”

 

Click!

 

“Thhhhhhaaaaaat’s a wrap!  Good work Jongin-ah!  These shots will look totally badass, you rocked that street thug concept!”

 

Did Yixing mention she’s a naturally-born talker too?

 

The young model smiles.  “It’s all thanks to you, Luhan-noona.” 

 

He looks shy now, a sharp contrast to what he looked like in Yixing’s own frame moments ago – arrogant, jeering, hauntingly handsome.  Out of the four brothers, Jongin seems the most passionate about his work and thrives for perfection, despite looking effortlessly flawless in each shot.  No, she decides while scrolling through her shot takes, they all look flawlessly beautiful. 

 

----oo----

 

The news came as a complete surprise to Yixing when Luhan burst into their shared flat, lips stretched into a smile so wide it threatens to break her face in half. 

 

“Stop fiddling with that damn guitar!  Sit down, I have amazing news!”  She all but screeches, ignoring the judging eyebrow raise from her best friend currently situated on the sofa.  The latter does put away the guitar when Luhan doesn’t seem to let the matter rest, carefully stowing it back into its case and coming back up to face her friend’s nearly maniacal smile. 

 

“Alright, what’s up?”

 

“You know the Kim brothers right?”

 

Yixing nods.  Who wouldn’t nowadays, in the hustle and bustle of the industry they operate in?  “’The sibling powerhouse from Korea’?  That’s a new one I heard on the news recently, amongst a bunch of other names I can’t seem to recall…”

 

“The unstoppable Korean quartet, the Kim impossibles, the gods of the East, yeah yeah,” Luhan rattles on, “which I take offense to that because it’s a direct copy of my rising gods of the East, also known as TVXQ who got nothing on those boys – ”

 

“Okay, what about the Kim brothers?”  interrupts Yixing, knowing Luhan could go on another one of her rambles about the boy group, which in her opinion, were a bit too old to stay in a saturated market overflowing with younger talents.  Not that Luhan needs to know, of course.

 

“Right, yeah.  So!  I heard from Taozi, who heard from Fannie, who got contacted by one of the Kim brothers himself that he wants to plan a photoshoot with us!” 

 

Yixing stares.  No freaking way.

 

“You’re kidding right, Lu?  If this is a joke, I swear I… ”

 

 “Would I ever lie to you, woman?  Anyways, I think it’s one of the older ones because Fannie told me that his hyung really likes his clothing designs, but really?  I always thought our boys had questionable taste but for top models like the Kims to take an interest in them, oh man…”

 

----oo----

 

 

“I still can’t believe Kim Joonmyun likes your ripped pants and plaid shirt combo with the red danglings,” Yixing mutters to a haughty-looking Yifan, who smirks back while never taking his eyes off of Joonmyun, who is modeling one of his signature pieces with an easy grace. 

 

“What can I say, he likes my style,” he murmurs back amidst Luhan’s shutter clicks.  Yixing snorts but can’t help admiring how the outfit, while looking disastrously put-together on the rack, ends up fitting Joonmyun like a glove while adding an additional flare to his ‘hiphop-y’ theme of today’s shoot. 

 

“He can rock the rest of my collection too if I say the word.”

 

“Gay…”

 

“Only for that fine piece of .”

 

“Maybe you should yell that out instead Fannie, so the whole world will know.”  Luhan calls, startling Joonmyun in mid-pose and procuring a string of English curses to spew from Yifan’s mou

Please log in to read the full chapter