I. The Beginning

Demon of Qingdao

I. The Beginning



-2 months earlier-


It was just like any normal day of summer break complete with scorching head and a mix of harsh sun rays. It was times like these that Sehun and his friends usually stayed inside and played videogames or try to see who can piss Baekhyun off the fasted. Kai was usually the winner.


Even on this hot Thursday night, they followed the same rountine. That was until Chanyeol brought up an old Chinese story that his friend used to tell him back in high school. Forgetting most of the story, Chanyeol decided to just focus on the begginning of the story.


Grabbing a near by flash light and turning it on, he cleared his throat and began the story.


"Crying. Crying was all that the town villagers heard for weeks in a row. Finally a town's man had had enough and made his way towards a house that was located at the end of the road. Steeping closer and closer to the house, the town's man started to feel uneasy-"


"Yeol, this story isn't even scary." Baekhyun said as he picked his nails. Everyone but Suho, who was to into the story to even notice that Baekhyun said something, nodded in agreeance.


"Guys, just wait! I'm trying to be suspenseful." Chanyeol sighed in annoyance.


"Well, hurry it up. I don't wanna spend an hour listening to a story that could put me to sleep."


Ignoring Baekhyun's comment, Chanyeol started once again.

".. As the town's man approached the house, he smelt a foul scent. The scent of death. He was brought out of his thoughts by the screams of little children. He ran to follow the noise, which lead him towards the back of the house. As soon as he found the source of the noises, he was met with the sight of a boy with black hair, no older than the age of 12, holding a bloody axe. Looking closer at the scene, the man saw that the boy was hacking away at two young children. Gasping, the man asked him why he did this. The little boy turned towards him, eyes blacker than the night sky, and whispered "They dare come into my house. My house that only I'm allowed to enter." His voice started to rise with anger. "These kids don't belong here! This is my house." with that being said the boy lungged at the man, forcefully punched him in the chest; knocking the air out of the man. He fell to the ground with a loud thud. The little boy grabbed his discarded axe off the ground and made his way over towards the man that was still trying to gather his breath. Glancing up at the boy, the man went pale as sweat dripped down his face. Knowing that this was going to be the end of him, he looked the boy in the eyes and asked him his final question. "What's your name?" Smiling, the boy raised the axe and chuckled as he answered; "I'm Huang Zitao.. The demon who will haunt you in the after life." With that, he brought the axe full force into the man's chest. From that day on, they say that whoever gets dared to go to that house is meet with death."


Cracking his fingers, Chanyeol turned towards his friends with a knowing grin.


"So I dare all of us to go to the abandon house near the woods on Saturday!"


"No."


"Get out."


"No."


"Heavens no, Park Chanyeol."


Smiling, Chanyeol turned towards his last remaining hope.


"I'll go."


"See? Kyungsoo's on board-"


"But only because I want you to shut up and never think of something this stupid ever again."


"That will be impossible." Baekhyun said sighing into his hands. "But if Kyungsoo goes, I'm going too."


"Same."


"Same."


"These kids.."


Clapping his hands with glee, Chanyeol started telling them about the plan.


After they were done discussing everything, they contiuned on to what they usually did. That is, everyone but Sehun. His brain was trying to rack his head around this crazy idea. It wasn't that he was scared but he remembered back to a time when a Chinese exchange student came to their school.


He couldn't remember much about him since the transfer student, who they nicknamed Xing, only stayed for less than a year but, he remembered a time when him and his friends were goofying off and telling Xing ghost stories.


-FLASHBACK-


".. As they opened the door, they were meet with a bloody corspe. Backing away quickly, they let the body fall only to realize that it was the corpse of their kidnapped friend." Dramaticlly finishing the story, Kai and everyone started to laugh. As their laughter died down, a round of heavy breathing was heard making the mood feel heavy.


Everyone turned to find the source of the noise. Focusing their eyes on Xing, they noticed that he was grabbing his chest and making a choking sound that closely resembled a sob. Kyungsoo was the first person to rush to his side.


After minutes of soothing back rubs and the constant whispers of 'inhale' - 'exhale', Kyungsoo finally got him to breathe normally but, the tears started to flow. Looking into the eyes of his friends, Kyungsoo pleaded for help. Sensing his plead, Suho slowly walked towards his hunched over friend and placed his hands on Xing's knees.


"Xing.. Yixing, are you alright now?" Slowly nodding his head, he tried wipping his tears away but, they kept falling. "Would you like to tell us what made you this upset?"


Lifting his head, Yixing stared at his friends with blood-shot eyes. "Your story.. Your story is real." Taking a much needed break to breathe, he contiuned, "That story really happened. It came from China.. Qingdao actually. There was a young boy that murder people who went into his house."


"But why did you start crying?" Chanyeol asked as curiosity ate away at him.


"Zhoumi.. Zhoumi was a friend of mine who died. He was found by his friends who went into that same house you were talking about. The way you described that person in your story, is how they found him.."


Rubbing calming circles in his back, Kyungsoo began to talk, "I'm sorry, Yixing. You know Kai didn't mean any harm nor did he want you to feel bad. We apologize for making you remember those memories."


Smiling, Yixing glanced at Kyungsoo. "I know he didn't. I didn't mean to make you guys worry about me. After all, that was years ago.  They say that the boy moved away from there anyways." He turned away from Kyungsoo and smiled at everyone as the responded back to him with a nods.


Even thou he was smiling, Sehun could see the saddness hidden behind Yixing's eyes.


-END OF FLASHBACK-

 


To be contiuned..