02

Pursuit

As he walked away, he smirked. It seemed that the girl was slowly falling for him. This was good progress. Unlike his outer appearance where he flaunted not only how many girls he could get and his reputation that scared the other boys except the ones in his crew, he actually spent some of his time and thoughts on Krystal Jung. And even though he would never admit it out loud, it was fun annoying the girl whenever he saw her; bugging her and waiting for her after her classes slowly became one of his favorite pastimes. 

He would usually take any chance he'd get, just to get her attention and she knew it. And then there were the days when she would burst out at him for always trying to annoy her and she disliked it at the moment.  Otherwise their fun and games were usually like this, until Kai realized this conquest of his was going nowhere. Something big had to happen between one of them which would be obviously Krystal confessing to him, and finally this game would be over. Him hanging around Krystal often was ruining his reputation and he knew everything was starting to crash around him; after all Krystal was a loner and he was one of the most popular boys in school. His followers were questioning why he was suddenly hanging around with an unknown loser instead of them at lunchtime like usual, some of the girls that were his fangirls grew disappointed in his choice in girls at the moment, etc. Overall, having Krystal around him was making his reputation crash in his ears. 

Since he had done this all too many times, he knew it was best to show up late, as then the girl would be longing for him to come... coming early would completely shatter his illusion of coolness. As 5pm finally rolled by, he made sure he was 15 minutes late before he showed up at the meeting place. But even before he reached the entrance of the carnival, he smirked. It was his lucky companion for the night, furiously texting messages to him asking where he was. With an easy attitude, he replied back with one text saying he was finally there. To his surprise, Krystal wasn't there. Internally panicking, Kai didn't know how to deal with this situation. He was only lucky to have been born with the ability to perform flawlessly under pressure, so his appearance never showed his worries.