.

Dangerously Addicted

 

two

Kim Jong In

God, this is so boring.
Her perfume reeks. Honestly, I don't find her lips coated with thick bloody red lipstick seductive nor her display of cleavage under her tight red mini dress . Not a single part of her arouses me. Should I just sleep with her once and get over with all these?

I really don't get what's running on Chairman's mind forcing his son to attend blind dates like this. It's such a waste of time. His type and my type of women don't match. Rather, I bet that Do Kyungsoo would do good amusing me more. He's one interesting dude. He appeared so uptight, like he's so prim and proper and so I wondered maybe because he's nervous meeting me, the CEO, for the first time. But the moment he spoke, I was surprised by his confidence. Then I knew he wasn't just uninterested, he doesn't even give a damn. As if he just wanted to get over this sooner, but he looks really cute and young, so I can't help teasing him.

"Jong In-ssi?... Jong In-ssi..." My thoughts were pulled back to the present when I realize she has been calling my attention for a while now. Her penciled eyebrows begin to furrow. I leaned my back against the chair and took a deep sigh. Seriously, what are we going to do?

"Kim Jong In!" I heard my name being mentioned behind from the other table. I quickly spin around to find who said it because his voice sounds amazingly familiar. Only to see my appointed assistant manager Do Kyungsoo sitting not a bit far from our table and he's smiling... but not at me. Talk about coincidence. I felt my lips curving a smile. Now we have something to do.

"Sorry, this maybe rude but I really need to go to that table now. An important person is waiting for me. I hope you enjoy our dinner. Good night." I told my date as I give her a short smooch over her cheeks. I took a card from my clutch bag and leave it on the table and stride towards Kyungsoo's side.

 

 

"..... my job description doesn't include babysitting Chairman's son-turned-CEO, he has his own secretary. And for goodness' sake, I bet he doesn't even know how to use a photocopier!"
The more I get closer, the more I can hear his voice. I let out a silent laugh when I realize he's still talking about me.

"But you said he's hot." The other man said.

"Yes he is dangerously..."

I laugh a little. Ah, I told you, Do Kyungsoo would do good amusing me more.
I placed my hand on the back of his chair, the other on the table and I bend closer. He turned to me, our faces just few inches apart as he finishes his sentence, "...hot."

"Heh~ what a surprise." I honestly meant. We locked our gaze longer than it should be and he's the first to break it.

I stand straight again as look at the other man across the table who extends his arms initiating for a handshake.
"Kim Jong In-ssi, nice to meet you again. You may not remember but we already met once at some gathering."

"No. I remember you. Kim Jun Myeon-ssi."

And we laugh.

"Please extend my regards to uncle." I added.

I took the seat next to Kyungsoo who's looking at me and  Junmyeon with confusion.

"Are you..."

"Mianhe, Kyungsoo-yah; Jongin is actually my cousin." Junmyeon hyung said as-a-matter-of-fact

What.the.hell. is clearly written on his face but he forced a calm, "Oh." for a response.

"Just, I've never seen him with you, not once." he added.

There's something about me towards them that I can't point out. Here is me feeling something I can't figure out. There is Junmyeon calling him by his first name without honorifics and with a tone of endearment, Kyungsoo-yah. And Kyungsoo said he hasn't seen me once with Junmyeon--- as if they're always together that Kyungsoo would even know all of Junmyeon's acquaintances.

"Probably 'cause our line of industry don't really match, Jongin's hotel chains and mine with the entertainment industry."

"I see." Kyungsoo uttered as he drinks a glass of wine. Not even bothering to look at me once more.

"But you can't tell me, you didn't expect me to meet you here. This hotel is owned by my parents."

"Of course. And our office building is just annex here. Junmyeon is probably missing you a lot sajangnim." He answered sarcastically while glaring at hyung.

"No, what are you really doing here? I know how you hate working after working hours." Junmyeon hyung inquired towards me.

"The Chairman set me up on a matchmaking again. My hyung should be the one attending this stuff but I figured he had his way out and so my father sent me instead, just not to offend the Choi family."

"Wow, so it's the Choi's this time." Hyung gave a short laugh.

"I'm surprised uncle doesn't force you to marry yet."

"Well..." He rolls his eyes towards Kyungsoo and so I did too.

"So you guys doing here...?" I inquired.

"I don't know. Junmyeon didn't gave me a proper answer either when I asked." Kyungsoo calmly replied while he rolls his eyes towards hyung.

Seriously, why is everything going back to hyung?

"But how interesting, we knew each other for less than a day, Kyungsoo-ssi and you're already talking about me. I'm flattered." I teased leaning my elbows on the table a little closer to him to get his attention.

"Mianhe."

Say it while looking at me. I find myself close to saying it out loud.

"Ha-ha, don't be. I don't really care how other's perceive me." I answered and Kyungsoo blushed shyly. "It's cute."
This time, he looked at me with his ever wide big eyes. Crap. I uttered the last one out loud. I watch him as he takes another glass. I heard Junmyeon giggled on the other hand.

"I can see now, why you're troubled." he said while looking at us.

"..." I directed at him with a questioning look.

"I'm not troubled!" I turned to Kyungsoo, surprised by his sudden outburst. He took another glass. His cheeks coated with red-ish blush, his eyelids about to fall down.

"Uh-oh, he's wasted."

"That's it. Though it's fun to drag this longer, I'm afraid we need to get going now, Jonginnie." Junmyeon stood from his seat and I did too.

"Kyungsoo-ssi..."

Kyungsoo stood up with his palms on the table as support. He's about to have another glass of wine but I take it from his hand and drink it instead.

"You already had too much." I told him as he turned his head on me.

"You..." He pivots a foot towards me but staggers in the process and his head brushed against my chest and my heart crushed against my rib cage.

I put down the glass I'm holding and took him by his elbows to steady him. That was the original plan but my hands lingers against his arms. Ok, I'm acting funny.

"Sorry about that." Junmyeon walked towards us. Cutting my thoughts which is in the process of decoding my sudden oddness around this drunken guy.

He slips a hand around Kyungsoo's waist and another on the latter's arm. Pulling him away from me. "We'll go ahead." Junmyeon bowed his head, I did the same and Kyungsoo weakly did too. I chuckled; amazed he still sticks to manners even though he's completely wasted.

"Wh--ere are you taking him?" I wonder why I asked.

My cousin had a restrained laugh before answering, "I'll take him home." 

"Let go. I can walk properly. What the hell, what the hell, you’re so annoying. I wanna say that to your face" I heard Kyungsoo muttered weakly.

"Yeah yeah" Junmyeon whispered to him with a smile. His hand still in Kyungsoo's waist.

Totally another person when drunk huh. I thought

"I'm naaa yet drunk..." I heard him once again.

"Yeah." hyung replied while laughing.

My feet walks on their own, catching up towards Kyungsoo's side. I am now holding his hand. Junmyeon turns to me trying to hide his shock. Kyungsoo looks at me-- puzzled, dumbfounded, but nevertheless, drunk; and he hiccups.

I cleared my throat. "I'll take him instead."

 

 

I run my hands on the steering wheel and looked at the sleeping figure beside me on the passenger's seat. Though I said I'll take him home, I don't have any freakin' idea where he lives. I don't feel like calling Junmyeon-hyung to ask him about that. Not after he smirked at me, not after he hands this guy to me as if he knew it, he knew what's happening to me more than I knew myself. Was it my pride? I don't know.

"Yoboseyo~" I sing next to him but still no response. And to think he's been drunk-talking the whole time until we got here in my car, I gave up. I'm too tired to think what to do anymore. "Hey, since you can’t say properly where the hell you live, stay in my place for tonight"

 

The error alert beeped again from the security of my house's door. "Aish, don't move a lot!" I said to the clueless unconscious guy I'm holding as I fixed Kyungsoo's arm that is laying around my shoulder and I tightened my grip on his waist.

"Ah , and I was trying to forget you…" he randomly utters with a slurred tone.

Once again, I entered my password and finally did it properly. A short 'hooray' came playing on my ears.

"Hey can you at least crawl ‘til we get inside? I don’t feel like carrying you at all." Kyungsoo didn't reply. He just faced me, tipped closer and smiled with his eyes closed. Inside me, something tingles. I swallowed. No use, I just literally dragged him inside.

I dumped him on the couch, I loosened my tie a little bit and placed my arms crossed against my chest as I am enjoying the show he puts. He curls a little on his own suggesting how cold he feels.

Ah. Damn it.

I picked him up again and laid him on my bed. He is trying hard to undo his tie. I sit beside him and helped him with that, then I traced my fingers towards his first button and undo it too... down until the third. My eyes can't seem to avert towards his collar bones. I've always been indifferent towards his pale skin. I gulped and stopped. I rub my own nape with my hand and sigh. Really now, what am I doing?

"...yeo.. na..."

"Huh?" I bent a little over him when I heard him muttering.

"..…ahnd meh serushhly l..lov..e..d.. y..o.. geu...sae..kki." A tear dropped from his eye.

Did he just cried?

I watch my fingers as I run my thumb from the corner of his eye down to his cheek. His lips part a little, I faintly felt his warm steady breath. I turned to look at him, his eyes, his nose, his lips, down to his neck... suddenly the room feels hot but it sends me chills inside.

Man, I'll be damned.

 


---xoxo---
np: eyes nose lips by taeyang