A New Hope

An Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“True strength is smiling when you want to cry, laughing to hide the pain, and going on no matter what…”

Park Shin Hye slowly opened her eyes and groaned in pain. Her head was spinning and her vision was blurred. She tried to move her hands but it felt like being tied tightly behind her. Her eyes widened when her vision restored completely. She scanned around the place and it looked like an abandoned house with the door and windows locked. It was kind of dark and she couldn’t guess what was the time now. She turned to her left side and found Chae Won sitting beside her with hands tied at the back.

“Stop looking at me as if I know where we are because I don’t.” Chae Won said with a snap.

“Is that Kang Ji Hoon who brought us here?” Shin Hye asked.

Chae Won rolled her eyes. “Who else can it be? Of course it’s him.”

Shin Hye sighed. “Why didn’t you call us when he came to look for you?”

“Do you think I’m stupid or what? He appeared from nowhere in a sudden and I don’t even have the chance to make a call.” She inhaled deeply. “He was pointing a gun at me and forced me to follow him.” She still feels trembling when she recalled how he pointed the gun at her head. She turned back to Shin Hye and glared at her. “Why did you come to the basement? Are you stupid? You should call Min Ho or Joong Ki and not come down alone. Now we are both captured. I asked you to run and you are just so slow.”

Shin Hye bit her lip and looked at her angrily. “Yah, Moon Chae Won. Whose fault it is that we are both captured here? If you are not that stupid and have a damn one night stand with that psychopath, everything won’t happen now. You even called him out and gave him a chance to drug you.”

“Park Shin Hye. If you didn’t transfer to Whimoon and didn’t stole Min Ho away, do you think all this will happen? Everything was back to normal when you disappeared but why you have to come back. And you even come back with a daughter. You are the one who caused all this to happen.” Chae Won argued back.

Shin Hye looked at her in disbelief. “Min Ho doesn’t love you. Even if I didn’t transfer to Whimoon, there will always be another girl who will take him away from you. If your relationship with him is real, if he really loves you, nobody can steal him away.”

“He loved me. We were alright until you appeared. He changed because of you. I love him so much that I’m willing to do anything for him too.” Chae Won snapped.

“That’s not love. That’s call obsession. You treat him like a prize for you to compete. You felt that your pride was being challenged and you wanted to fight not because you love him. It was because you wanted to win. You treat all these like a competition.” Shin Hye paused as she panting for air. “If you really love him, you will do anything to make him happy. You will let him go and let him find his own happiness. You were blinded by vengeance and obsession.”

“I do love him.” Chae Won said as her eyes turned red. “From the first time when my father brought me to his house, the first time I met him, I was already attracted to him. I was only 7 years old at that time. I don’t know what love is but I know I like to stay around him, play with him, do whatever he like to do. As time slowly passed, we grew up together. Everyone told us that we are a match made in heaven and we are meant to be together.” She looked away as she bit her lip. “I still remember the first time when we officially dated. We went to the cinema and watch a movie together. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I held his hand and he didn’t pull away.” She turned back to Shin Hye and tears were welling in her eyes. “If he don’t love me, then why didn’t he pull away? He can reject me if he doesn’t like me.”

Shin Hye took in a deep breath and become speechless.

“You might think that we are still young back then and both of us still don’t understand what is love but why didn’t he refuse when our parents want us to get married.” She paused again, looking at Shin Hye’s ring. “I know you were always in his heart all these years. He was devastated by your disappearance and he couldn’t even concentrate on his studies. I was the one who stay by his side when he needed someone the most. I thought the nightmare had finally over when we were back together.” She chuckled sadly at herself. “But then everything back to square one when you came back.”

“I’m sorry.” Shin Hye said softly. She looked at her with a sincere gaze. “I always wanted to apologize to you for everything that happened between 3 of us. I can’t deny it was my fault for getting myself in between both of you. I should have waited until he settled everything with you before I start a relationship with him. No matter what, it doesn’t change the fact that we were cheating behind you.” She sighed deeply.

“I didn’t ask him to drug you.” Chae Won whispered.

Shin Hye turned to her and looked at her in confusion.

Chae Won looked down on the floor. “I did use Min Ho’s phone to send you a message that night and asked him to look for you there. But I just asked him to threaten and scare you to leave Min Ho.” She looked back at Shin Hye with a regret gaze in her eyes. “I didn’t know he will drug you with aphrodisiac pill and was attempting to you. Although I hate you very much but I won’t do this to anyone. I know woman’s virtue and innocence is very important. I didn’t know he was that bad and will do such a thing. Although I hate to admit it but I’m glad Min Ho arrived on time.” She averted her gaze.

Shin Hye let out a soft smile. “I never thought we will have a long conversation like this during a time like now. It felt like we are telling each other our last will before we die.”

Chae Won turned back to her and looked at her in fear. “We will die here?”

“Who knows? We were captured by a psychopath criminal. He was jailed in Holland for 5 years because of drug dealing crime. And you said he have a gun. We are stuck in this stupid place with our hands and legs tied up.” Shin Hye said.

Chae Won’s face turned paler. “Min Ho will surely find out that you are missing and he is very smart. He will figure it out.”

Shin Hye sighed at her optimistic. “He is smart but I don’t think he is that smart. We don’t even know where we are. How is he going to find out?”    

“I don’t want to die here.” Chae Won said as she turned away. “And I don’t want to die here with you.”

Shin Hye glowered at her. “Do you think I want to die here with you?” She let out a long sigh. “I miss my daughter. She will freak out if she knows I was missing and her heart couldn’t take it.”

Chae Won looked down to hide her embarrassment. “H-How is she? I heard Joong Ki said she had a minor hypersplenism.”

Shin Hye nodded. “Yes. And her iron level is unstable. The only way to save her is bone marrow transplantation.”

Chae bit her lip. “She must hate me a lot.”

Shin Hye smiled. “A kid doesn’t know how to hate. They only know how to love. She might be angry with you but I’m sure she doesn’t hate you.” She paused and looked at her. “I’m sorry that she pushed you that night. She was too sad because she thought her father is leaving her for you.”

Chae Won just shook her head without saying another word. She was still keeping her gaze down and drifted into her deep thoughts.

“You must be very scared when you found out that you were pregnant.” Chae Won said, breaking the silence after a while.

Shin Hye was taken aback by her sudden question and doesn’t know how to answer.

“I remember myself trembling so badly when Yoon Suh told me I was pregnant. My mind went blank and the first person that crossed my mind was Min Ho. How I wish the baby is his.” She stopped and chuckled sadly. “You were right that he doesn’t love me. All these years he never touches me before. Not even a passionate kiss.” She turned back and looked at Shin Hye. “I envied you. You had the most precious gift from the person that you love so much.”

Shin Hye felt a pang of pain in her heart. She doesn’t like this woman sitting beside her but now, she felt sorry and felt pain for her. “What… what are you going to do with the baby? Are you… going to abort it?”

Chae Won smiled. “Should I? Didn’t you say that the baby inside my stomach is innocent?”

Shin Hye took a deep breath. “I was trembling too when my parents told me that I was pregnant. I will never forget the disappointed gaze that my father gave me at that time. He even brought me to the hospital to abort the baby. I was so scared and the first person that crossed my mind was Min Ho too. But I guess I was luckier because he was the father of my baby.” She paused as she looked at Chae Won. “Being a mother is not easy. Being a single mother is even harder. I’m not a strong person but because of So Won, I learned to be brave. The father of this baby might not be the person you love but I’m sure the baby will grow up to love you.” She smiled. “You are a very strong person, Moon Chae Won. You never admit defeat and you are a fighter. Use that strong will; use that courage to love the life that is now growing inside of you.”

Chae Won’s tears rolled down her cheeks as she nodded. “Thank you… and I’m very sorry.”

Before Shin Hye could answer her, she saw something glistened not far away from Chae Won. She narrowed her gaze at that thing and her eyes were widened when she saw a piece of broken glasses.

“Chae Won, is that a broken glasses there?” Shin Hye asked.

Chae Won turned to her left side and nodded her head fiercely. “Yes.” She said as she tried to stretch her body to reach it. She got hold of the broken glasses and started to cut the string that was tying her hands from behind. After a while the string was broken and Chae Won quickly turned to Shin Hye and helped her to untie the string. They then untied the string on their legs. Shin Hye helped Chae Won to stand up and looked around the house. She walked towards the door and tried to open it but it was locked from outside.

“It’s locked.” Shin Hye said.

Chae Won checked the windows and turned to Shin Hye as she shook her head. “It’s all locked too.”

Both of them turned to the door at the same time when they heard someone opened the door from outside. Shin Hye stepped backwards and both of them were now leaning against the wall when they saw Kang Ji Hoon came in.

He looked at the broken strings on the floor and then averted his gaze back at them. He laughed loudly as he slowly walked towards them.

“Trying to escape?” He sneered as he walked closer and closer. He stopped in front of Chae Won and trailed his fingers along her jaw.

Chae Won gasped at his touch as she bit her trembled lip hard. “W-What do you want?” Her voice quavered.

“You know what I want.” He said.

Chae Won inhaled deeply before she looked into his eyes. “You just want money, right. I will give you as much as you want. Just let us go.”

He laughed again. “How do I know you won’t play game with me again? Your ex-fiancé was trying to catch me with his smart brain. He thought I don’t know he find someone to tail me. He might be smart but you know what.” He paused as he turned to Shin Hye. “His biggest weakness is in my hand now.”

He leaned closer to Chae Won as he moved his head slightly to the side and inhaled her scent. “I was already aroused by your sweet scent. I really can’t get you off my head after that night being with you.” He smiled evilly.

Shin Hye’s blood was boiling inside. Without thinking further, she pushed him hard and stood in front of Chae Won, blocking her from Kang Ji Hoon. Although her whole body was shaking in fear but she still managed to glare at him with an angry look. “Don’t you dare to come any closer.” She scowled.

“Hahaha…” Kang Ji Hoon laughed loudly as he looked at Shin Hye. “Tsk tsk tsk… another beautiful baby standing in front of me.” His gaze narrowed as he walked closer to her. “Park Shin Hye, the beautiful that I let it slipped away before I could enjoy 9 years ago. You still look so beautiful.” He held her chin up roughly. “How was that night? Did you enjoy it with your man? I’m sure you did.”

Shin Hye squirmed when she felt his breathing fanning on her face.

“Let her go. If you want money then let her go. I’ll stay here with you. She can contact my father and give you the money you want.” Chae Won said.    

Kang Ji Hoon looked at her and grinned. “Let her go? I thought you hate her. She stole your man away. I can help you to get revenge on her.” He then shook his head. “I just changed my mind. I want money and I want her as well.” He laughed as he dragged Shin Hye by her hair and threw her on an old couch at the side.

“Ahhh…” Shin Hye screamed.

“Stop!” Chae Won ran forwards but froze in place when Kang Ji Hoon pointed a gun at her.

“Come one step closer, you will get a hole on your body.” He laughed again. “Stay still and just wait until I finish enjoying my ‘meal’.” He turned to Shin Hye and hovered on top of her.

“Let go of me!” Shin Hye hit him as hard as she could and struggled, trying to break free from him. But his strength was so much stronger than her. He leaned down and tried to kiss her as his hand was trying to pull her shirt apart. Shin Hye moved her head to the side trying to avoid his lips to touch her. When Kang Ji Hoon tried to kiss her neck, she used the opportunity to bite his ear, hard. Kang Ji Hoon felt a sharp pain on his ear. It was bleeding. He was so angry and hit Shin Hye forehead with the gun on his hand.

“Uhhh…” Shin Hye groaned in pain and felt dizzy with the strong impact that hit on her forehead.

Chae Won was frightened and scanned around the floor, looking for anything that can help Shin Hye. Her gaze stopped at a broken wood plank laying on the floor at the corner. She ran towards it and took it up. Without waiting any longer, she stabbed on his back with the sharp end of the broken wood plank.

“Ahhh!” Kang Ji Hoon screamed in pain as he stood up of the couch and kicked hard on Chae Won’s stomach. She fell down on the floor with tears rolling down her face. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach and blood started to streamed down along her leg.

Shin Hye was shocked and quickly rushed towards Chae Won. Her hands was trembling so much and don’t know what to do. “Chae Won, are you okay? You are bleeding.”

Chae Won bit her lip trying to endure the pain. “My stomach is very painful.”

“You ing ! I’m going to kill you.” Kang Ji Hoon cursed as he pointed the gun at Chae Won.

Shin Hye glared at him with her reddened teary eyes. “She is pregnant with your baby. How can you do this to her? This is your baby.”

“Shut up! I’m just helping her to get rid of her miserable life.” Kang Ji Hoon shouted as he was ready to pull the trigger.

Shin Hye leaned forward and shield Chae Won with herself. She shut her eyes tightly when she heard a loud gun shot, followed by a loud groan. Her eyes were still closed and didn’t know what just happened. The pain she was waiting didn’t come and she can only hear a lot of footsteps walking towards them. After a while, she opened her eyes slowly when she felt a pair of strong arms pulled her into a safe embrace. Without the need to look at the person, she wrapped her hands around him and started to cry. She recognized his scent and she know she is safe now.

“Shin Hye, are you okay?” Min Ho asked in a worried tone as he pulled back and cupped her cheeks. His heart was clenched in pain seeing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter