Calm Before The Storm

An Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nothing feels better than when you love someone with your whole heart and soul and they love you back even more…”

Dear Diary,

Life has been so beautiful lately. Despite the fact that my father was still unwilling to accept them, I still felt content having them here with me now. When I was sitting alone in the apartment preparing everything before I bring them over, I looked through all the photographs that we took in Lotte World and some of it was given by my mother. I smiled uncontrollably when I saw baby So Won in those photos. Most of it was taken on her first birthday. But then, there was one photo that clenched my heart and it felt like bleeding inside. A photo of Shin Hye when she was pregnant. Looking at her round and big stomach, I guess she was at her 7 to 8 months pregnant. In that photo, she was reading a book. Her beautiful and flawless face, her peaceful expression, it ached my heart that I wasn’t there with her at that moment. For the first time, I felt so grateful that my mother went to the school to look for her and gave her the name card 9 years ago. Without that name card, Shin Hye would not be able to contact her and ask for her help. I sighed in relief that all these hardship was finally over now.

Please tell me everything that I’m having now is real and it’s not a dream. Every time when my heart fluttered in happiness, another side of me will start to fear that everything is just a dream and I’ll wake up from it soon. A home that I’m having now, the cutest daughter I’m having now, the most beautiful and most lovable woman I’m having now, are all these really true and real? If it is really just a dream, please don’t let me wake up from it. I’m willing to give up anything just to stay asleep and be in this dream forever.

Love,

Min Ho

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ahjuhma!” Park So Won wrapped her tiny arms around Kim Hae Sook’s waist with her watery eyes. “I will miss you a lot.”

Kim Hae Sook laughed as tears pooling in her eyes too. “Ahjuhma will miss So Won very much too. You have to promise ahjuhma that you will come back to visit me. Arasso?”

So Won pulled away from her as she nodded her head fiercely. “I will ask appa and eomma bring me back to see ahjuhma.”

Kim Hae Sook smiled as she kneeled down in front of her. She her hair lovingly. “You have to take good care of yourself and listen to your eomma and appa. Don’t run, don’t do any tiring activities, don’t eat unhealthy foods and remember your injection every day. Even if anything happen, don’t get overly excited. Ahjuhma don’t want to visit you in the hospital again. Okay?” She said as she caressed her cheek before she stood up and turned to Shin Hye.

She walked towards Shin Hye and held her hands in hers. “You have to take care too. I’m so happy you finally found your happiness and found your own home. Grab it tightly and don’t let it slip away again. I’ll always keep praying for you.” She said as she glanced at Min Ho.

Shin Hye gave Kim Hae Sook a tight hug as tears started to roll down her cheeks. “Thank you so much for taking care of us all these while. Without your help when I first reached Seoul, we wouldn’t have survived until now.” She tightened her arms around Kim Hae Sook as she closed her eyes. “Thank you.” She said softly. All the memories of them together replayed in her mind. She wouldn’t forget how much she has helped her especially taking care of So Won for her.   

Kim Hae Sook pulled away from her and wiped Shin Hye’s tears away. “Don’t cry silly girl. You should be happy. Have a new life and start all over again.” She smiled as she looked at Min Ho again. “You have to treat both of them well. If not ahjuhma will bring them back and stay with me.” She joked.

Min Ho nodded his head politely. “I will.” He said as he held tightly onto So Won’s hand.

“You have to take care too. We will come to visit you when we are free.” Shin Hye said, still sniffing.

Min Ho walked towards her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “Stop crying already. We need to go now.”

Shin Hye nodded before she looked around the house for one last time. She let out a deep sigh before walking towards the door with Min Ho and So Won.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Done.” Min Ho let out an exhausted sigh as he looked at the children table with a satisfying smile.

Shin Hye walked into the room with a glass of water and a face towel in her hands. She passed the glass to Min Ho, smiling sweetly. “I didn’t know doctor’s hands can do tough work like this too. I thought you only know how to operate people.” She let out a soft laugh when Min Ho chugged down the water almost in one gulp. She wiped away the sweat that formed on his forehead with the face towel.

He put the empty glass on the table as he pulled Shin Hye into his arms. “As long as my two princesses like it, I can even move the mountain for them.”

Shin Hye laughed heartily before she pulled back slightly and looked at him. “I think you need to take a shower. You stink.” She .

Min Ho narrowed his gaze as he leaned forward. “Are you sure? I thought I always smell good even if I’m soaked in sweat. I remembered you like to stick closely to me after I played basketball during high school.” He back as his arms tightened around her waist.

“You must be dreaming.” Shin Hye said with a smile.

“Am I? Okay. Then let’s go for the shower together. We have a very nice bathtub.” He said as he pulled her towards the door. A big grin plastered on his face.

Shin Hye’s eyes widened in shock and quickly yanked his hand away. “Yah! Are you crazy? So Won is outside.” She stepped backwards as Min Ho kept walking towards her. She stopped when her back touches the wall. She gasped when he splayed both of his palms against the wall, caging her in between his hands. “W-What are you doing?” She stuttered as their gaze locked at each other. Her heart was beating fast and hard against her chest. She can feel her face was burning with blush.

“Why are you blushing? I thought we were passed this stage already.” He said softly in a deep tone.

Shin Hye bit her lower lip as she continued to look at him. “Not when it comes to having shower together and being this close in my daughter’s new room.”

Min Ho smirked as he leaned closer to her. “Everything has to start off with a first time.” He whispered before he sealed her lips with his. He moved his hands down to her waist and nape, bringing her closer to him as he deepened the kiss.

A soft moan escaped her lips when his tongue into tasting every bit of her. She let out a startled gasp when he pulled away from her lips and made his way down to her neck and earlobe. He kissed and her neck very softly before he moved to her earlobe and nibbled it. “I just can’t get enough of you. You are so tasty.”

Shin Hye bit her lower lip as she hit his chest softly. “ert.”

Min Ho laughed before kissing passionately on her lips again.

“Uh oh... excuse me…” So Won immediately covered her eyes with her hands and turned around to face the door.

Shin Hye quickly pushed Min Ho away from her as she straightened her cloth. Her face was reddened even more. She hit his arm as she glared at him fiercely.

Min Ho looked at her with an apologetic gaze as he mouthed her silently. “I’m sorry.” He then cleared his throat trying to break the awkwardness. “Ermmm… I’m going to take a bath now.” He said as he quickly walked towards the door but stopped to pat So Won’s head softly when he passed by.  

So Won let out a soft laugh.

Shin Hye sighed deeply after Min Ho went out and sat on So Won’s bed. “Yah, Park So Won. Stop covering your eyes already.”

Her daughter turned to her mother, smiling at her cheekily before running towards her and sat on her laps. “I want to kiss eomma too.” She said and planted a soft kiss on Shin Hye’s lips.

Shin Hye laughed as she pinched her nose softly. She tightened her arms around So Won and rested her chin on her tiny shoulder. “Do you like your new room?”

So Won nodded her head. “I love it. Appa know I like teddy bear and you see. The whole room was decorated with teddy bears. Even the table is with teddy bears picture on it.” She said happily as she pointed at the table that Min Ho just finished install.

“Are you okay to sleep alone in this room at night? You have been sleeping with me since you were born. Are you sure you will be okay?” Shin Hye asked.

“I think I’ll be okay. My friends at school told me they sleep alone too. And I don’t want to disturb you and appa… like just now.” She said as she covered , laughing again.

Shin Hye bit her lip as she felt her cheeks started to blush again. She pinched So Won’s cheek before letting out a soft smile.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What? Resign?” Shin Hye widened her eyes and stopped eating.

“I’m just asking. I can send So Won to school every morning but how about after school? Now ahjuhma is not staying with you and couldn’t help you anymore. Moreover, you have to take care of So Won and bring her to the hospital very often. Don’t you think it will be inconvenient for you to take so many leave from your office? It doesn’t necessarily to resign. Maybe you could check with them whether it will be better for you to work from home.” Min Ho said as he put another piece of meat into So Won’s bowl.

“But if you like your job you are working now, you can continue with it. We can always find a babysitter to take care of So Won.” Min Ho continued.

Shin Hye sighed as she put a spoonful of rice into . Of course she thought about this problem before. If can, she rather take care of So Won herself. She looked up at Min Ho with a slight smile. “Let me think about it and discuss with my boss when I go back to the office on Monday.”

Min Ho nodded with a warm smile. “Okay. Oh yeah. I called your father yesterday.”

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes. “My father? Why?”

“I invited your parents to come here tomorrow. Since tomorrow is Saturday, So Won don’t have school and we didn’t work, it’s a good time to bring them over. I’m sure they missed So Won. I’ll go to fetch them in the afternoon.” He said as he winked at So Won.

“Y-You told them we stay together?” She asked nervously.

Min Ho turned back to her and was surprised with her reaction. “Erm… sort of. Wae? I thought it will only be appropriate to let your parents know that you and So Won are well taken care now. What’s wrong with us staying together?”

Shin Hye let out a long sigh before looking back at Min Ho. “Okay. Since you don’t mind my father to kick your , why not? Let’s see what happen tomorrow.”

Min Ho’s gaze narrowed, looking dumbfounded.

 

“I didn’t know my daughter have beautiful and long fingers. Should I send you to piano class?” Min Ho asked as he played with her fingers with her sitting on his laps.

“Piano?” So Won turned to her father and asked in curiosity.

“You don’t like? How about violin? Guitar? Drum?” Min Ho continued to ask.

So Won shook her head.

“Hmmm… how about dancing? Ballad? Hip-hop?” He asked again.

So Won smiled as she shook her head again.

“Then tell appa what you like.” Min Ho tightened his arms around his daughter as he gently rocked her while he kissed the top of her head.

So Won put her tiny index finger on her lips as she started to think. “I like to play basketball. But eomma said I can’t play tiring sports so I never play before. I love seeing Han Joon Suh play basketball. I always wanted to try and play with him.”

Min Ho stopped moving instantly when he heard a boy’s name came out from his daughter’s mouth. He carried So Won away from his laps and put her on the couch beside him, holding both her arms to face him. “Who is Han Joon Suh?” He asked seriously.

“My classmate and also my class monitor. He is very smart. He always got full marks in his exam and got number 1 in the whole school ranking. He knew I’m not good in mathematics so he will teach me. He even lend me his notes when I missed classes for blood transfusion.” So Won said with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

Min Ho felt like something scratches his heart as he bit his lip, narrowing his gaze at his daughter. “Basketball? Mathematics? Why all of these sound so familiar?” He mumbled to himself. He then looked at his daughter again. “So Won-ah, what do you think of changing to a girl’s school?”

“Meo?” So Won widened her eyes. “Why need to change to a girl’s school?”

“Ermmm… because… it will be…”

“It will be better for your appa’s jealousy and control-freak’s heart.” Shin Hye cut him off as she walked towards the couch with a plate of fruits in her hand. She placed it on top of the coffee table and sat beside her daughter. She took a piece of orange and put it into So Won’s mouth.

Min Ho cleared his throat uncomfortably before looking at Shin Hye. “That jer….” He stopped when Shin Hye glared at him. “I mean that boy was trying to hit on my…” He stopped again when Shin Hye pointed at him with her index finger, signalling him to watch his words. He took a deep breath before he continued. “How old are they again? They are only 8 years old, right. What happen to the kids nowadays?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter