The Audition

See You Again [HIATUS]

Prologue

 

An 11 year old girl and boy are laying down on the grass looking at the sunset. They both were laughing and smiling as they were telling jokes and talking to each other. As if the day would never end. But they both knew it would and the girl knew she'd have to end it with bad news. What she didn't know is that the boy had some news of his own. He sat up.

 

"Minyoung, I've got something to tell you" he said.

 

 The girl sat up and so did the boy.

 

"I've got something to say to" she said.

 

"You go first."

 

"No, you go first."

 

"I guess it's now or never" he mumbled to himself. "I like you Minyoung."

 

"I like you too Chanhee."

 

"No, I mean I like a lot. As in I want to be more than friends."

 

"Chanhee oppa I-" 11 year old Minyoung started saying.

 

She felt bad that she had to tell them she was moving away. Across the Pacific Ocean and to the United States. She felt even worse now that he confessed.

 

"Chanhee oppa" Minyoung grew quiet. "I'm moving away."

 

"What?" 11 year old Chanhee said.

 

"I'm moving tomorrow. Not to another city or anywhere in the country but to a different one."

 

Minyoung could see the blank look on Chanhee's face.

 

"Oppa" she said putting a hand on his shoulder.

 

Before her hand could touch his shoulder, he slapped it away and pushed her down.

 

"Oppa" she said.

 

"Don't call me that! Are you that selfish? Do you care about my feelings at all? I hope you never come back because I never want to see you again!" Chanhee exclaimed and ran away.

 

10 Years Later

 

Minyoung's POV

 

"I can't believe you're making me do this" I said.

 

"You forgot my birthday last week and you said you'll do anything" my best friend, Izzy, said.

 

So what's going on you may ask? Well, last week it was my best friend's birthday which I forgot. To make it up, I told her I'lld do anything and now I'm auditioning for a K-POP company.

 

"If you get accepted you can introduce me to Super Junior, Big Bang or SHINee or any other K-POP stars" Izzy said fan girling.

 

"Calm down, that might happen if I get accepted."

 

We waited for quite some time until it was my turn. Izzy gave me a small fighting before I headed into the audition room. I was nervous.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo" I said in Korean as I bowed 90 degrees.

 

"Kim Minyoung, it says you were born in Seongnam, Gyeonggi correct?" Judge #1 asked.

 

"Ne. I lived there until I was 11 and then I moved here. I apologize if my Korean is a little rusty."

 

"Its fine. Now what will you be doing for us?"

 

"I will be singing IU unnie's Good Day."

 

"You may start."

 

I took the mic of the table. I took a deep breath and started singing. I can't believe it. I'm actually singing. I was nervous until I just imagined that I was singing to myself and no one was around. It actually helps more than imagining people in their underwear. Now that's just weird. People tell me I have a good voice but I don't think so. The ending of the song was coming up which meant the 3 octave high note. I've only accomplished it a couple times. The other times I didn't really do such a good job. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. 

 

"I'm in my dream~" I sang.

 

I'm actually doing it. If I just do my last octave, I think they might think I'm not that bad. Or at least I hope. Once I finished my last octave and not, I opened my eyes. I saw them whispering to each other. Did I do bad?

 

"Kim Minyoung please stay in the wanting room" Judge #2 said.

 

I nodded and bowed before I left. Izzy got up from the chair she was sitting in.

 

"What'd they say?" Izzy asked.

 

"To stay in the waiting room" I said.

 

I sat down and waited for the rest of the people to audition. Izzy went next door where Starbucks was and bought me a caramel frappuccino.

 

"Thanks" I said and took a sip.

 

"Well, I've got to go. My mom called and said she needed me home. Call me and tell me what they said" Izzy said before leaving.

 

But the time I finished my coffee, a female judge walked in.

 

"Kim Minyoung, please come in" she said.

 

I followed her inside. I felt the feeling of nervousness creeping up on me again. The judge sat down and look at me.

 

"We've got some news to tell you" the judge or judge #3 said.

 

"Did I do bad?" I asked.

 

"It's actually the opposite. If you were bad we wouldn't have asked you to stay after."

 

"So I passed?"

 

"Ne. You're going to be a trainee for TOP Entertainment."

 

"Didn't Shinhwa's Andy created it?"

 

"So you've heard about us?" Judge #1 asked.

 

"Ne" I replied.

 

"So you know about our 2 groups, Teen Top and 100%?" Judge #2 said.

 

"100% ne, but Teen Top not really. I got into K-POP a while ago."

 

"Kamsahamnida" I said and bowed my head.

 

"Here is you plane ticket for Saturday" Judge #3 said while handing me a ticket.

 

"Saturday?" I asked. "Isn't that in 2 days? It seems so sudden."

 

"We apologize but that's when we're heading back. Is there a problem."

 

"No, not at all."

 

"Great, call us if you have any questions."

 

"Arraso" I said and bowed before leaving.

 

After I closed the door immediately called Izzy.

 

"You'll never believe what happened" I said.

 

"You got G-Dragon's phone number?" she asked hopefully.

 

"No."

 

"Phooey" she said.

 

I could practically hear the pout.

 

"But I did get accepted."

 

"Are you freaking serious" Izzy screamed.

 

I pulled the phone away. Once I was pretty sure she was done screaming I put the phone back to my ear.

 

"You done yet?" I asked.

 

"Yup" she replied. "So when do you have to leave?"

 

"Saturday."

 

"Saturday? But that's means you leaving in 2 days. Well, that means tomorrow we are hanging out for sure." Izzy said and gasped. We need to get you a new wardrobe."

 

I laughed in her excitement.

 

"Okay. I've got to get home and tell my mom."

 

"Okay text me later" Izzy said and hung up her phone.

 

I can't believe it. I got accepted. Who would've thought a girl who never really thought of singing, would get accepted to be a K-POP star. Huh. I guess Izzy's ideas can cause some good.