The Anarchy Basis

Paradoxicity

Things had been changing, that was for sure. The difference in the way the city guards walked, who they arrested and for how long they spent in once place was putting people on edge as they began to notice it. It was clear that everyone knew that something was going to happen -- but 'what' was the question.

When the changes began, no one could really pinpoint when, but nevertheless, big changes happened. Large screens were attached to the majority of buildings that could hold them, flashing propaganda like signs, notices to remind the public that the Government was simply protecting them from the harms out the outside world, and other nonsense, that people believed. It was only after that did people began to spot the rebel like attitude. People disobeying laws more often than not, a new trend in dark clothing and concealing your identity. The reality of it all was that people were going against the Government. It was like a revolution, almost.

But it was only then when people realised that the Government weren't doing everything. They were letting rebels in. The very people they were trying to protect citizens in. The rebels even gained their own base, which ran a number of projects, where the ultimate goal was to begin cutting down the population. Public shootings were frequent, people being killed for crimes rather than being sent to prison. Majority of the people already in prison being shot -- the reason being that the city had no use for people who only broke laws, when the real law breakers were right under their noses, committing crimes to punish the people who commit crimes. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yixing had planned on spending his day alone, sitting out in the garden and soaking up the rest of whatever sun they would be getting until next May. September brought on the rain, clouds, and bitter coldness. But that plan had been compromised when his father called him inside, insisting that he accompany him to the market that was situated just beside the promenade that outlined the sea, at the edge of the central park in their rather large city. Once Yixing had gathered his things, he set out with his dad, taking their time to stroll down towards the sea, letting the salty smell fill their noses. It was one of the few relaxing things left within the city. Everything else had been modified to look more like machinery, robots, and just plainly unnatural. But the sea always stayed the same, and Yixing was glad of the that. 

Once they reached the promenade, images flashed by him. He was there, with him, holding his hand, toying with his fingers, whispering sweet nothings into his ear that made Yixing smile a chuckle. But they all went again. It was nostalgic, but he craved more. He hadn't seen the other for months now, and even though they weren't one anymore, it was taking it's toll on him. He had promised that they could at least be friends, after all. But clearly, he had broken another promise. And whilst he craved the other, it seemed more like he was simply craving the affection he had given him. And it was painful to think about, to say the least.

His father snapped him out of it as he began rambling on about what kind of fish they should buy for supper, but it was at the sight of yet another dark-hooded figure that made Yixing stop, his hand reaching out and grasping his father's wrist, tugging him to stop. The hooded figure looked up, and Yixing almost cried. There, Joonmyun stood, in all his glory, sporting the rebel trend.

"Joonmyun-" He began, meeting the eyes of the other. But before he could say much else, Joonmyun took a hold of Yixing's father's wrist and pulled him away.

"We'll only be a moment, Xing." He said with a kind smile. Yixing snorted, annoyed at his friendly behavior and the long forgotten nickname. Though, he let him do as he pleased. For his father didn't seem to mind -- and in fact seemed to welcome the private conversation, which made Yixing feel almost like the third wheel.

They were in fact only a moment, and when they returned Yixing was content on staring down Joonmyun. "Your father is going to go and grab what he needs, can I speak to you while he's gone?" He was asked, but didn't get given the chance to answer as he was pulled away by the hand, setting off in a gentle stroll down the promenade.

And more images flashed by, the way Joonmyun's arm would keep him close. How they'd ignore the looks they got, and the disgusted tuts as the relaxed by the sea. Soon, he could see them sat on the beach, wrapped in each others embrace as they watched the sun slowly going into hiding and the sky switching from a blue, to a purple, to an orange, and then to black. it was all like something out of one of those cheesy romance movies, not that Yixing cared of its clichés. He could remember Joonmyun gently pecking his lips before standing up, letting an envelope sit in Yixing's lap. "I'll see you soon, okay?" he had said, already leaving before the other could grasp the envelope. But soon, it had been torn open, to reveal carefully thought out words. The page was splashed with Yixing's tears as he sat on the sand with crossed legs, the back of his hand rubbing against his nose to stop the build up of snot. He wasn't a pretty sight, but who would be when the one they loved told you they most likely wouldn't be coming back?

"Where were you?" Was the first thing that left Yixing's lips, earning a scrunch of Joonmyun's nose as he thought over his answer. He didn't like this. He was going to be lied to, again. And as much as he still loved the other, he couldn't help but hate him for being so cruel. He was ready to make a scene, but the idea of at least giving Joonmyun his words came first -- making a scene could wait for later.

"I was out of town for a while. My parents sent me away because they thought I needed to reevaluate my choices. You, for starters." 

While this softened Yixing, he was still annoyed. "I suppose you've come to tell me that we can't even be friends, right?" he asked, pulling his hand from the others, before an arm gently wrapped around his waist. 

"No, we can't be friends." Joonmyun sighed, looking out over the sea. "Because we should be lovers again." He said, before Yixing could even think about turning to him and slapping him across the cheek. 

"I don't have time to be made fun of, you know." Although, he never did try to move from the elders warm arms. 

"I know you don't, and I don't want to stay away anymore. Please... at least... think about it?" he asked hopefully, stopping their walk and turning to Yixing, grasping both of his hands instead, gently caressing the backs of them with his thumbs. They'd become calloused and a little rough in the time he'd been away.

"I'll... I'll think about it." Yixing muttered, his eyes shutting as warm and wet lips pressed against his cheeks. Once the feeling was gone, and he opened his eyes a moment later, he found that Joonmyun wasn't there, and looking around yet he was nowhere to be seen. His father returned to him, just as loud speaker phones rang over the park, and the notorious government official stood at the center, stationary and exceptionally still as he looked over the sea. The voice was extremely recognisable, as well. That foreign tongue of the prime minister as he spoke out about the newly placed changes.

"Good afternoon, citizens. I am here to inform you of a few new... rules." An unruly chuckle could be heard over the speakers, and it set Yixing on edge. "The curfew has now been removed, and instead -- you will return home at once and not leave until an official comes to relieve you of house arrest. Have a nice day." And then, the speakers shut off, and three gun shots fired.

When everyone looked down from the speakers, what they could see was a wall of rebels, blocking their view before they dispersed out into the crowd, and ultimately disappeared. What they left was the official laying in his own blood at the center of the park, soon to be carried away by the people in lower ranks than him. Several screams were heard, and cries, as people began to hurriedly run back to their homes -- creating chaos.

As if a savior had appeared, Joonmyun returned, grasped both Yixing and his father's wrists, and began to pull them through the crowd, back in the direction of their home. Yixing didn't even bother complaining or questioning his actions, his main priority was returning home and making sure his brother and mother were safe. "I'll be back to see you in a couple of days, just stay out of trouble okay?" He whispered as his father went inside. Yixing simply nodded at Joonmyun's wishes, before following his father and running upstairs, checking every room.

"Where's Zitao." His father shouted, his loud voice booming through the house. Yixing hadn't found him, neither had either of his parents. "He was here earlier, where's he gone?" Such a simple statement sent the family into despair, as they began to frantically search. Yixing stood, watching the chaos around him over one person, but the one thing he had noticed that the others had failed to was a small sheet of paper pinned to the wall beside the front door.

'If you want to know where Zitao is, meet me outside the rebel base at 21:00 sharp. If you aren't there, I'll suspect you don't want him back. -Y'

"I'll be back soon." Yixing called, his parents more bothered about Tao's disappearance than the fact they should all be on house arrest.