Meeting you

Strangers

Isn’t it funny that two people who pass each other one day could fall in love? It’s weird how it all happened. Someone who passed you casually while going to their desired location could be your lover, be your love for the rest of your life. Perhaps it was all fated. You might not even notice, through the passing crowd. You might not even catch a glimpse of him on the streets, roads, bus. Its funny how two strangers can fall in love isn’t it? What is the true definition of love? No one knows. Some say it’s when you give away almost everything you have, some say it’s when you sacrifice your pride, some say it’s the mutual respect for one another. But what if love is just a make believe story? For the word ‘love’, starts off as something that was not created and written in the dictionary.

It was really queer... how it started off. I was at the library again, trying to increase and gain knowledge. I found a seat and sat down, immediately reading the book. Since young, I had a great interest in books. It makes you feel alive, like never before. You get to imagine those make believe characters, to leave this reality world. And then you leaned in while whispering,” Sometimes the thing about pain is that it –‘

“Demands to be felt.” I heard a soft chuckle beside me. I turned, shocked that someone was observing me read. He had sharp features…where do I start? He have eyes that seem to be sparkling; a really pretty sight. He has this soft smile that could melt millions of heart. His hair was in a deep shade of brown. I was trying to read him, like I was reading a book. Why is this guy even reading what I am reading? This thought hit my mind. I stared at you for a while and you gave me a gentle smile while asking,”Hey! Can I sit here?” I replied with a nod and turned back to fantasy world. It wasn’t that long, for you pull me out of the world again. In reality, it seems like the world is so deafening quiet. Even in places where it is noisy, it seemed so quiet. In the other world, it felt like it was a place that existed, that is yet to be discovered by most of us. It felt like… the places that only the main character and the other characters existed… that unnecessary people do not belong.

You stick a post it onto the page of the book. It wrote,” Hey, my name is Lee Jeong Min.” I nodded and gave an awkward smile. You scribbled again. “What is your name?” You added a smiley, while sticking it over the previous sticky. Before I could open my mouth and speak, you hand me an orange notepad sticky and a marker. You point to it, and I figured out what you had wanted me to do. “Why are you even interested?” I stick it onto your book cover. You just kept quiet and I guess it was normal, for after all awkward silence engulfed the entire place. Time pass, and I was left with the ending of the book. I lifted my head up and turned beside me, only to find Jeong Min studying studiously. His brownish gold hair captivates me, and I couldn’t help but wonder if he was an idol. Nah, I chuckled to myself. He was reading and studying about Physics and Chemistry. I grabbed my bag and placed my book in. As I was about to leave, he grabbed my arm, and this came as a shock to me. His eyes were begging me to sit and I found myself doing so. “Hey, why are you leaving?” He hurriedly passed me the note. I wrote back stating that I was left with the ending only, and I was going to go home. He nods as he reads and then asked for my name and number. I wrote back, handed him the slip and left.