prologue

Fish Out of Water
Please log in to read the full chapter

prologue

Fluttering eyes, the nervous yet hopeful glances she casts his direction. 

It makes him feel sick. 

Lu Han has grown up listening to his parents talk about his marriage to a daughter of the CEO of a popular business. Those words always seemed like lies but now they are true. He stares at her from where he sits. Their parents converse rather merrily, her father uses his hands a lot when he speaks. The girl merely stands next to them. She wears a beige jacket that ends right about of her knees, her black leggings revealing how thin she really is. 

She isn't beautiful though. Clear skinned and pale with dark eyes and shiny hair but still not gorgeous. She's a little too plain. Perhaps prety enough to catch one's attention for a moment but not enough to do a double take.

They go out to dinner that night but the girl never speaks. Instead, she merely stares down at the food she barely even touches. When the dinner is over, the girl's - Hyojung - mother looks rather cross. They part ways but Lu Han looks back just in time to see the older woman slap the back of Hyo Jung's head, angrily muttering words that Lu Han cannot hear. 

 

Their second meeting is when Lu Han proposes. He has no say in the matter and neither does Hyojung. He doesn't even get down on one knee. He merely hands her the ring and she nods, slipping it onto her finger. 

 

She moves in a week later. Boxes up

Please log in to read the full chapter