Chapter 1

A Nobody Compared to Him

"Number 12135, please head to Receptionist 2 now. I repeat, Number 12135, please head to Receptionist 2 now. Thank you." a beautiful 19 year old girl with long chestnut brown hair stood up, hearing her number being called by the speaker. She walked to the said receptionist, and as she arrived, the receptionist, a woman in her late 40s, immediately asked, "Choi Yura?" the girl nodded. "Here is your form for the audition. I bet you will pass. Aside from your voice and dancing skills, they will also be scoring your body. You have a very nice body, I must say. AND YOU ALSO HAVE THIGH GAPS! My, my... It must be so good to be you." Yura shook her head. Smiling, she said, "You wouldn't be so happy if you were me, Ahjumma. But nevertheless, thank you." the Ahjumma grinned, proceeding on giving Yura her form inside a folder.

"Good luck, young lady!" she shouted when Yura was a little far from her. Yura looked back, pushed her sunglasses up, before smiling and bowing 90 degrees. She then continued walking, heading to her car, a black Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder. As she sat on her car seat, she placed the folder on the seat beside her and sighed. “Am I making the right choice?” she asked herself out of the blue. After 10 minutes of thoroughly thinking about her decision, she nodded, “It MUST be right. After all, I already bought the form, I wouldn’t want to waste the money now, do I?” yes, even though Choi Yura is a very rich girl, she saves money. She isn’t the type of girl to go around and shop everything that seemed attractive to her. She could differentiate what she needed and what she wanted.

Yura’s parents, however, thought that their only daughter was a selfish girl who could only waste their money and time. And with those thoughts, they left her to grow up with her Aunt, Uncle and younger cousin, Jang Minhyun, in Gangnam, while they flew to New York for their business. Fortunately, her Aunt and Uncle Jang was also wealthy, not much difference from her own parents, so they were able to send both Yura and Minhyun to the best high school in Gangnam, and the best universities there were, too. Yura was thankful. If it weren’t for her Aunt and Uncle, she wouldn’t be able to even register herself in SM Entertainment.

Coming back to reality, Yura finally arrived at the mansion she was currently living in. She placed her folder inside her handbag before coming out of her car and locking the doors. She then headed inside, immediately greeted by the maids once she opened the door. 

striking-classic-mansion-house-in-burnab (the mansion at night)

“Noona! Where have you been?” when her head turned towards the living room upstairs, she saw Minhyun, waving for her to come up. She smiled, heading to where he was. When she reached him, she saw him cutely pouting. “Yah! Don’t pout like that when you’re only a year younger than me!” she giggled. He chuckled, “Whatever. Even if it’s only by a year, I’m still younger!” she shook her head, now laughing while covering with her hand. When she was finally able to compose herself, she asked, “Hey, Minhyun-ah. What did you call me up for? Do you have anything to tell me?” Minhyun shrugged his shoulders. “I just wanted to know where you went just now.” Yura sat on the couch, dragging Minhyun with her. “Oh… I went to SM Entertainment to get my form.” she replied. Minhyun frowned. “Is it about you and Baekhyun hyung? Do you want him to acknowledge you that badly? I mean, there are so many other good guys in the world, why not just let him go, huh?” Yura sighed, “It’s not that I still have feelings for him whatsoever. It’s just that, being dumped by someone you loved so much, it hurts, Minhyun-ah… I know I will find the right guy in the future. From now on, if I have feelings for a certain guy, I will tell you first, okay? You know, just so that you can give me some relationship advices, or whatever you call them… Noona believes you know the best for me, right?” Minhyun nodded, feeling amazingly proud of himself, but at the same time, very sorry for his Noona. They were cousins, but Minhyun considered Yura as his real Noona.

“Don’t worry Noona! I will definitely decide correctly! For your sake, Noona… For your happiness.” he hugged her, suddenly feeling her tears seeping through his thin clothes. “I don’t know anymore, Minhyun-ah… I don’t know which is right, which is wrong. Because of him, I can’t easily trust people now. Because of him, my heart hurts so much. Because of him, I have to cry myself to sleep every night. Because of him, I became like this… I hate him… I hate him so, so much… I am never going to forgive him… Not in this life, not in the next, not ever! I…I…” Minhyun found himself placing his head in the crook of his Noona’s neck, the tears he had been holding in finally streaming from his cute doe eyes. They stayed like that for quite a while, hugging each other, feeling each other’s presence and warmth, telling each other how they felt without having to say anything at all. Yura had never felt more grateful than she already was; to have an extraordinary Aunt and Uncle to accept her in their already busy lives, and to have an amazingly handsome and understanding cousin, Jang Minhyun. ‘That bastard Byun Baekhyun better learn his lesson, otherwise, my fist will surely come in contact with his oh-so-pretty face. Don’t worry, Noona… I will protect you. From now on, it is my major responsibility to support you, to always be there for you, and to help and love you. I will make you happy.’ Minhyun’s thoughts screamed. And with that, he resolved: he was going to make Byun Baekhyun, the man who hurt his Noona and made her weak and desperate for love, regret, for the rest of his living life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiiiiiiiii~~~! I finally updated the first chapter of 'A Nobody Compared to Him'! A short update, I must say... And if you were wondering who Jang Minhyun is, tbh, I don't know. The name just popped into my mind when I started thinking about a suitable name for a Korean guy. So don't blame me if there's an actual living guy whose name is also Jang Minhyun, kay!?

Anyways, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, comment your thoughts, and add me as a friend! Thank you a zillion times!

XOXO,

EXO9Freak1213