Beauty On The Inside

The Warrior & The Angel

I ran my fingers gently over his old scars. After hearing what he went through, I actually understood why he acted the way he did.

“You shouldn’t have to look at such hideous things.” He angrily turned away from me to hide.

 I placed my hand on his shoulder and spun him round to face me.

“It’s not what’s on the outside that counts,” I started and paced my hand over his heart. “It’s what’s in there that matters.” I finished and he sighed.

“I know that, but first impressions are based on lo0oks and I’m, I’m hideous.” He continued to argue and I placed my hands on his face.

“But you’re not hideous to me.” I spoke in a hushed tone of voice. Yongguk let a small smile appear on his lips and I gently his cheek.

“Sometimes I wish that it was all a bad dream, but if it was I wouldn’t have met you.” He smiled sincerely and my hands slowly slid down his face to his body until I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“It’s not a dream; you’ll always have me by your side.” I promised and slowly our lips met. They moved together as his fingers tangled through my hair and for the first time, it seemed like he finally felt like he belonged somewhere...