FINAL

Broken

"I'm going." Baekhyun mutters as he put on his jacket but he know that his words fell on deaf ears. He took a glance at his lover. He can’t help but hope that the other will say something or even force him to stay. But who was he kidding, Chanyeol doesn't care anymore. The said guy did not even spare a glance at him, eyes focused on his phone. With a sigh, Baekhyun steps outside.

It was months back when both confess their true feeling to each other. They were relief when their group members accepted it and teased them about how it took them long enough to confess to each other. Anyone could see how they were perfect and complement each other. They had been close ever since they first met and were always there for each other when they need someone to lean on. Baekhyun smiles contently as he snuggled close to Chanyeol. They had just finished dance practice and it was already 3 in the morning. "You should wash up, Baekkie." Chanyeol whispers as he kissed his lover's forehead but all he got was a whine in reply. He chuckled softly, finding it extremely adorable. 

Their dates were mainly at the dorm. They couldn’t risk going outside when fans are following each and every of their footsteps. Baekhyun personally liked just cuddling in the room, just enjoying each other warmth. It was during their first month together when Chanyeol gave him a heart pendant necklace. "God, Chanyeol, I'm not a girl! I can't wear this." Baekhyun said when Chanyeol put it on for him. He tries hard to bite back the smile when he saw Chanyeol's grinning face. "This is a reminder that I'll always be with you, right in your heart." That night, Baekhyun did not regret giving his all to Chanyeol. Though he still refused to wear the necklace in public stating how he won't look manly in front of the fans if he were to wear that in public. 

But like all relationships, there's bound to be arguments and such. Baekhyun gets jealous easily and would usually ignore Chanyeol. Usually, Chanyeol would asked what's wrong when they get back home. He could easily get Baekhyun to forgive him with simply a kiss and they would go back to being the most disgusting couple - as quoted by youngest, Oh Sehun. But as time goes by with schedules pilling up, Chanyeol grew tired and irritated when Baekhyun would simply ignore him and he too, won't bother to ask what's wrong. It was no surprise when they slowly grew apart. It hurts Baekhyun when he sees the taller going to Kyungsoo's side crying when they heard the news of Kris possibly leaving EXO. It hurts because Chanyeol had always went to him when something goes wrong and Baekhyun will be there to tell him that it will be alright. He felt betrayed. All of the members too were devastated about the news, he didn't know where to go, and who should he confide in.

Baekhyun was suddenly called up to meet with the management during dance practice. Everyone filled with curiosity wondering what went wrong or what he did. Baekhyun learned that he has been tasked to put on an act with Taeyeon to show that they were dating. Baekhyun was not given a choice to refuse the order. The management said its better that he shows to everyone that he’s dating Taeyeon rather than having the media finding out his relationship between him and Chanyeol. By then, Baekhyun wasn’t listening anymore.

Chanyeol doesn’t say anything when Baekhyun broke the news to the group, instead he retreated to his room. Baekhyun tried talking to him, saying that he only loves him and it will all be just an act. But what Chanyeol said broke his heart completely and left him speechless, “Just be happy with her. I bet your fans will be happy to hear that you guys are dating.”

As Baekhyun get in the car, Taeyeon flashed him a small smile and simply says, "It'll be alright." If they had a choice, neither want to do it. Taeyeon knows about his relationship with Chanyeol but like him, she didn't have choice either. She felt apologetic as she didn’t want to ruin her junior’s relationship. They had small talks, though it's more of Taeyeon doing the talking, asking him how he's been while Baekhyun occasionally glance at his phone, in hopes to receive a message or call from a particular someone. When they receive a cue and spotted the cameras around, Taeyeon gave a pat on his shoulder, smiling slightly. 

Everyone in the dorm could only sighed when the news of Baekhyun and Taeyeon spreads all over the internet. Baekhyun just continued to lay on his bed, sighing when he sees the bed next to him empty.  Days went on and neither of them talked to each other. Chanyeol was simply ignoring the smaller, always making up excuses when Baekhyun asked if they could talk. It hurts a lot. It’s funny how they see each other every day but hardly no words are exchanged between them. 

"This is a reminder that I'll always be with you, right in your heart."

Baekhyun chuckled bitterly at the thought, tears welling up in his eyes as he continue to drink his sorrow away. All he wanted is to be back in the other's arms just like before. He didn't know what went wrong, it was as if they never existed..