Taking Care of the Sick (Leads to a Confession)

It has to be KyuSung/YeKyu

Title: Taking Care of the Sick (Leads to a Confession)
Author: rhenny
Pairing: KyuSung/YeKyu
Genre: Fluff, Romance, Crack, AU
Rating: G
Length: one-shot
Prompt: Denial (Leeteuk)
Summary: In which Yesung takes care of his sick rival Kyuhyun.
Word Count: 2,958
A/N: I think this is a good time to post a sick!Kyu fic because I'm recovering from flu (does that make sense? hahaha) forgive me if there are errors and incoherence in this story
thank you for reading my fics. I really appreciate it! ;u; 
3/20 go go go! (the pic is irrelevant hahaha)


Yesung was tempted to run away and go home. Unluckily, Jungsu, the music club president, asked him to check out if Kyuhyun's at home. The boy skipped classes for 2 days and every freaking person, except Yesung of course, was getting worried, so Jungsu wanted him, Yesung of all people, to come and visit him since they were "close friends".

Close Friends?! How could his rival be his close friend?! Yes, Yesung once proclaimed, in front of Kyuhyun, nonetheless, that they were rivals, though he never won against Kyuhyun their academic face-offs, his intelligent mind no match to Kyuhyun's genius one, especially math (curse that subject!).

Maybe he should challenge Kyuhyun to a dance showdown instead. Actually, he wanted to have another singing contest with Kyuhyun, but they always end up with a draw, their club mates couldn't decide who was better since both of them were great in their own way. In fact, they even suggested the two of them to sing a duet since their voices harmonizes well, which Yesung refused immediately, afraid that his desire... erm... hate for Kyuhyun will only increase, while Kyuhyun only remained quiet.

Yesung, not liking the request one bit, retorted that other members of the club such as Sungmin and Ryeowook were closer to the youngest member of music club. The two mentioned immediately shook their head and said they were busy polishing a composition Ryeowook made. Proving their excuse, Sungmin got his guitar out of his case and plucked some cords while Ryeowook sat in the piano bench and started playing some notes.

Yesung sighed. He crossed his arms and closed his eyes, thinking of another excuse. Feeling a hand gently placed on his shoulder, Yesung peaked through his fringe, only to see Heechul, the club's vice president and his cousin, smiling like the Cheshire cat in Alice in wonderland. And he knew he had to go to Kyuhyun's house. He shouldn't have allowed Heechul to take pictures of him while cross-dressing when they were younger.

Back to the current situation, Yesung stood in front of the Cho residence ten minutes more, mainly consisted of looking more presentable so that Kyuhyun couldn't point out how big and ugly their uniform looked at him, before pushing the doorbell. After 5 minutes, he tried peeking through the window, in the most casual way, because they might thought he's a burglar or something, but there was no answer. It looked like no one was at home.

'Maybe he took a vacation and forgot to notify the school about it...' he thought after another 5 minutes. He sat on the porch and placed his bag pack besides him. While looking at the Cho's beautifully landscaped garden, another thought came to his brain, 'He must be winning another contest that he'll flaunt to me for a week.' Yesung scoffed at his own thought before getting his bag pack and standing up in front of the door again. He was not sure why he was doing this, considering that it involved the person he hated the most in the world, ok, that was an understatement. He hated the most in the universe.

He pressed the doorbell once more, so he could tell their club mates that he tried. He was already planning to hang-out with Hyukjae and Donghae when the door slowly opened. Yesung tried standing up as manly as he could, anticipating for a smug and snarky Kyuhyun opening the door. But instead of his usual evil rival, a grinning and blushing Kyuhyun, cladded in pajamas, designed with red robots(?!), came in view.

"Jongwoonie," Yesung visibly shivered as Kyuhyun said his real name, "You came for me? I'm so happy I can faint..."

Before Yesung could say anything, or ran away for his dear life, Kyuhyun took the liberty of doing what he said -- fainting. Yesung managed to catch the heavy boy before panicking on what to do.

"Hey! What's wrong with you!?" Yesung screamed as he dragged Kyuhyun inside the house, after mentally asking permission to enter the house, making sure he closed and locked the front door. He placed Kyuhyun on the couch in the living room.

Yesung placed his hand on Kyuhyun's sweating face. "You're burning!" he started slapping the younger's face (oh so sweet revenge) to elicit any reaction, but Kyuhyun's eyes remain closed. He called again, "Cho Kyuhyun!"

"J-Jongwoonie Hyung?"

"Yes it's me. I came here to-" Yesung didn't manage to finish his sentence for Kyuhyun suddenly pulled him closer, placing a chaste kiss on his lips. Kyuhyun's lips were dry, but it was warm against Yesung's. After a few seconds, an eternity for Yesung, Kyuhyun pulled away, his cheeks redder, his face almost splitting because of the silly smile in his face.

"I've always wanted to kiss you, even if it's just a dream. I'm so happy," Kyuhyun said, before fainting again.

Yesung sat at the floor, blinking to the unconscious Kyuhyun, dumbfounded of what just took place. Did Kyuhyun kiss him? He shook his head in denial. He must be imagining things. It's just a hallucination, a nightmare to be exact. Yeah that must be it.

Before he could further refuse to recognize the kiss, Yesung remembered he should be panicking for Kyuhyun fainted again, so he panicked. Yeah, he's very spontaneous. His reactions were instantaneous.

Yesung shook Kyuhyun, hard, telling him he'll get something to make him better. Rummaging his backpack, he found the medicine box he always kept for emergency purposes, well, his mother forced him to bring everywhere he goes (Umma knows best! Thanks Umma~). He placed it on the table near the couch and got the medicine for fever. 'Eat something before drinking this~ Umma' was attached at the medicine. He checked his bag for any food, but he remembered Hyukjae and Donghae rummaged his bag earlier for his snacks.

"Curse those idiots!" Yesung muttered.

He took off his uniform jacket and placed it on the edge of the large sofa Kyuhyun fainted on, hoping to find something to feed Kyuhyun.

"Sorry for intruding." He started looking at the cupboards, but everything he found requires cooking skills, which he lacks, and ample of time. Luckily, he found instant ramyun, boxes of it. Did Kyuhyun only eat instant ramyun? He shrugged before getting the pot he found earlier and started preparing the noodles.

While waiting for the noodles to be cooked, Yesung touched his lips, the image of Kyuhyun kissing him replayed in his mind. And instead of feeling disgusted and angry, the thought of Kyuhyun kissing him was actually appealing to Yesung. Something inside him fluttered.

"Gah! Get out of my mind Cho!" Yesung screamed as he clutched his head. He's getting crazy! Crazily in love with Kyuhyun? ARGH! Stop it!

Before he could commence an internal battle about his feeling, Yesung noticed the ramyun was almost overcooked. Sighing at how conflicted he felt, he turned off the stove and got a bowl. Please keep him sane for the sake of sanity.

***

Yesung's face twitched at the scene that assaulted his vision. Kyuhyun managed to get Yesung's jacket, which served as blanket for his upper body, though it was a little higher, it covered Kyuhyun's face. And the mental image of Kyuhyun sniffling his jacket weakened his legs.

'Please stop being delusional,' Yesung told himself, 'Cho must be feeling cold. No. No. No. He didn't smell my jacket. Deny. Deny. Deny.'

Yesung staggered to Kyuhyun. Placing the tray on the table near the sofa, he sat on the floor and stared at Kyuhyun, wondering what he should do next. Deciding to salvage his jacket from Kyuhyun, he tried prying Kyuhyun's hands that clutched his jacket, his face souring at crumpled state of his clothes. Kyuhyun's hands were definitely bigger than his, and it held Yesung's jacket in a death grip.

"Cho, let go of my jacket." Yesung tried getting the jacket by pulling it away, but the stubborn hands of Kyuhyun held the jacket tighter than before. Yesung figured that if he didn't want his jacket ripped, he shouldn't pull it. He tried to get the jacket by directly holding Kyuhyun's hands, removing Kyuhyun's hands finger by finger. In return from his hand being removed, Kyuhyun held his hand instead, both his hands holding Yesung's left hand. Yesung looked at his crumpled jacket to the hands holding his. Seriously, what's wrong with this guy?

He stared at Kyuhyun's sleeping form, noticing how his features were almost angel like, as if he descended from heaven to make Yesung love him. Wait. Make Yesung love him. What the?! Yesung flustered at his thoughts. He's a demon sent to make Yesung suffer!

Yesung threw his jacket to where his bag was and shook Kyuhyun. "Cho wake up."

Kyuhyun groaned in return, pulling Yesung’s hand closer to him.

"You need to eat before drinking the medicine," Yesung shook Kyuhyun awake, trying to ignore the warm feeling bubbling inside him. "Wake up now."

"I don't want to," Kyuhyun whined like a kid, his lips pouting. Then, Yesung remembered what his Umma once said. 'The people hardest to wake up are the ones pretending to be sleeping.'

"Fine, don't wake up and eat. I'll be leaving you-" Yesung tried pulling his hand away but warm hands grabbed his wrists.

"Hyung!" Kyuhyun sounded panicked, sitting up, “You’re supposed to spoil me."

"Huh?! What?"

"You know, I'll say I don't like to eat, but you'll continue persisting that I should eat, and then I'll continue resisting, but after a little more, I'll agree to eat only if you feed me," Kyuhyun elaborated happily.

"O...okay?" Yesung stared weirdly at Kyuhyun. "Eat now Cho."

"No." Finally letting go of Yesung's hand, Kyuhyun crossed his arms above his chest, shifting his head away from Yesung. Instead of looking sullen or sick, he looked quite pleased with the situation, a silly smile plastered in his face again.

"I guess I'll be leaving now..." Yesung trailed off as he dramatically turned around.

"Jongwoonie Hyung! No!" Kyuhyun screamed, and in the process of calling Yesung, he fell down the couch with a loud thump. "Ow!"

Panicked, Yesung immediately rushed to Kyuhyun's side, "Are you alright?" He knelt beside Kyuhyun, worried that he injured his self.

"No," Kyuhyun whined, teardrops almost flowing out of his eyes. "Please make me feel better Hyung," he opened his arms wide and pouted at Yesung.

"Wha-?! Why are you acting like that Cho?"

"I'm sick!" Kyuhyun pouted.

If Kyuhyun wasn't sick, Yesung would have laughed at how childish and pathetic his dongsaeng sounded. He complied with Kyuhyun's whim and hugged him, denying to his self that Kyuhyun looked so adorable like this, unlike his usual cool persona in school.

Kyuhyun sighed and hugged back, twice as tight as Yesung's hug. "I wish all of my dreams are like this," Kyuhyun whispered as he rested his head against Yesung's shoulder.

"You're not dreaming Cho."

Kyuhyun drew back. He looked straight at Yesung's eyes and laughed, "What do you mean I'm not dreaming? Jongwoon Hyung will never come to my house."

"It's true. This is reality," Yesung proved his point by pinching Kyuhyun's cheeks.

"Ow! That hurts! E-Eh?! I'm not dreaming?!" Kyuhyun shouted and Yesung hoped his eardrums were still fine. He stepped back until he was an arm-lenght away from Yesung. "T-Then..."

Kyuhyun touched lips, his cheeks turning red again.

Yesung remained silent, looking away when Kyuhyun his lips. Why did that action entice him? "You should eat the ramyun before it gets cold."

"W-Will you leave me?" Kyuhyun face was red. He shyly looked up at Yesung.

"No, I'll stay here for a while. Our club mates will not be pleased if they discover that I left you alone while you are sick," he said before turning his gaze to the television. "The replay of yesterday's play-offs is already starting. May I watch?"

Kyuhyun nodded, quite happily, reaching for the remote control in the table to open the television.

Instead of sitting at the sofa, Yesung opted to sit at the floor. To his surprise, Kyuhyun sat beside him and started eating the ramyun, mumbling a thank you Yesung almost missed.

Yesung tried focusing his attention to the television, but it proved to be a difficult task when someone keeps on having glimpses of you every now and then. Well, Yesung had to admit he was looking at Kyuhyun too every now and then. He couldn't help getting worried over him.

"You should focus on eating," Yesung shifted his eyes to Kyuhyun.

"Y-Yes," Kyuhyun mumbled before starting to eat the ramyun again. Kyuhyun was too obedient to him. His dongsaeng usually didn't pay respect to him. Ah he likes this Kyuhyun already.

Yesung suddenly stood up, alarming Kyuhyun in the process. The latter tugged at his pants. "I'll get you water."

"T-Thanks," Kyuhyun blushed, releasing Yesung's pants. Yesung didn't know if Kyuhyun was blushing due to his sickness, to the ramyun, or to Yesung.


When he gets back to the living room, glass of lukewarm water in his hands, he saw Kyuhyun waiting for him like a lost puppy. Really, this should be illegal. Kyuhyun was too adorable for words!

"Here. Drink the medicine in the table." Yesung wanted to commend himself for sounding mature and reliable. Someone pat his back please.

Kyuhyun's expression turned sour. "I don't like drinking medicines."

Yesung sighed. "If you don't drink that you will not get well. Then you'll miss another day at school. Then you'll not be able to tease and bully me."

"Did you miss me Hyung?" Kyuhyun got a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"No comment," Yesung answered. "If you don't drink your medicine then I'll be lea-"

"I'll drink it! I'll drink it!" Kyuhyun got the medicine and drank it, followed by gulping a whole glass of water.

"Good boy," Yesung smiled, unconsciously patting Kyuhyun's head. This must be his and Kyuhyun's most intimate moment, asides from the kiss from Kyuhyun who thought he was dreaming, ever since they met because their interactions were mostly composed of insulting, competing, and hitting each other.

"You should sleep in your room," Yesung reprimanded as he roughly ruffled Kyuhyun's hair. Then, he cleaned up the place where Kyuhyun ate. "Where is your family?"

"Overseas," Kyuhyun answered, standing behind Yesung like he was his shadow.

"You're alone? They left you?" Yesung asked as he went to the kitchen and washed the dishes, Kyuhyun followed him like a loyal puppy.

"They don't know that I'm sick. They'll be going home tomorrow," Kyuhyun leaned against the counter.

"Don't push yourself," Yesung said and finished cleaning up. After wiping his hands on his pants, he supported Kyuhyun and assisted him back to the sofa, making sure Kyuhyun was comfortably lying on it. "Well that's it. I'll be going now."

"Jongwoon Hyung!" Kyuhyun sat up, alarmed, making him dizzy from his sudden movement.

"Aish. What's wrong with you?"

"Please don't leave me. Please stay," Kyuhyun grabbed and held Yesung's hand.

"Give me one good reason for me to stay," Yesung said. He could hear his heart pounding in his chest.

"Because... Because..."

"Hmm?"

"Because I like you!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, burying his hot face on his and Yesung's hand, embarrassed that Yesung will see his face.

Yesung leapt at that moment. Kyuhyun likes him? Kyuhyun likes him?! His rival just confessed his love to him. There is something wrong about that sentence. Rival and love shouldn't be used in one sentence, according to Yesung.

Yesung wanted to ask ‘Who? What? When? Where? How? Why?’ But the only thing that escaped his mouth is an "Eh?"

Kyuhyun looked up at him. "I've always liked you even though you are weird and quirky. You do things differently from normal people. You tend to get lost in your own little world when you're idle. You talk to your turtles even though they don't answer. And many more..."

Aren't confessions supposed to be telling good qualities about the person you like? Yesung wanted to ask that, but Kyuhyun kept on talking.

"But... You managed to find your way to my heart. Unknown to me, you stared occupying my thoughts and my heart. Even though I dropped so many hints that I like you, you didn't notice. You're so dense Hyung!"

"E-Eh? What?!" Yesung retorted.

"That's the reason why I keep bullying and teasing. When I tease you, I'm sure that you're paying attention to me. I'm sure you're looking to me, only at me."

Heat rushed in Yesung's body. His mouth open but no words were spoken. Yesung was rendered speechless of Kyuhyun's sudden confession. It took him a long time to realize that he liked Kyuhyun all this time, even if he often voice out how irritating Kyuhyun was.

Kyuhyun looked up and asked. "Do you hate me Jongwoon?” Kyuhyun’s face was blushing. He was fiddling in his seat; his hands were starting to sweat. This side of Kyuhyun was really cute.

"No..." Yesung answered, sitting beside Kyuhyun. "I think I kinda l-like you too..." Yesung admitted, blushing too. "But not when you do nasty things to me. You should stop doing that and do nice things instead."

Kyuhyun smiled genuinely at Yesung. It was very different from the smirk that Yesung was used to seeing. He greatly likes Kyuhyun's smile compared to his smirk. And he just found another reason to like Kyuhyun more.

Kyuhyun hugged Yesung before kissing him on the lips, "I'm so happy I can faint right now."

"No-" Before Yesung could finish talking, Kyuhyun fainted in his arms. Yesung sighed and shook his head. He smiled and placed a kiss on the smiling Kyuhyun's forehead. No more denying of his and Kyuhyun's affection for each other.

end.
thank you so much everyone^^