Seoul, Here we come!

Chosen

As you descend from the escalator, you see a giant banner, "Welcome to South Korea", with a picture of a Korean woman dressed in Hanbok. "This is it, Roxy..." you give a hopeful smile to your fat pet cat and yes, her name is Roxy. Noone knows how, but you manage to carefully descend from the moving steps with all your luggage which includes a military style camo bagpack, your bookbag, and a medium sized magenta wheeled suitcase. With hopes in your eyes and dreams in your heart, you head towards the EXIT door of Seoul International Airport. This is it.

As soon as a you exit the terminal, you see a bunch of taxis waiting for passengers, with miser-like eyes probably fishing for some foreign tourists so as to overcharge them. But you are a smart girl and there is no way they can fool you. Atleast, you think so. You see an ambitious looking man walking towards you, probably mid to late 30s, clean shaven and distinctively South Korean. With a warm smile, he says in his heavily accented "Engeurish"."You foreigner....I taikeu you to place you wanteu to go..". Hey, that seemed pretty nice, you think, but before you could reply, an arm grabs you away.

You try to struggle, but that person is a little bit stronger...wait...way too stronger than you. He immediately turns you towards him and says,"listen, don't accept that guy's offer...trust me..you're gonna regret it...just don't, okay?"You stare at him with this expression of utter surprise...and you are just inches apart...when you decide to break the silence,"umm excuse me, first how can you just drag me like that? second, how can you be so sure about the taxi dude?" He sighs and replies,"okay I am sorry for grabbing you like that but it was for your own good....and I talk by experience."You give him a suspicious look and start cross-examining him,"What experience? Care to explain?". He doesn't answer your for two seconds. "ummm... the thing is..." he hesitates,"ummm...yeah! lets just say he overcharges you...a lot...like seriously A LOT...so stay away.. I know a guy who is way more trustworthy".

He whistles to the street and a shiney, black Volkswagen Beetle comes speeding down. "Hi! My name is Yeongjae!",says the guy who gets down from the driver seat, with an unusually chirpy smile slapped on his face. "There...thats Yeongjae and he'll be your driver.Oh I forgot to introduce myself, I am Jackson" he says in a chirpy tone.

Something tells you that you can trust them. And after seeing the "Royal Radio Taxi" banner stuck all over the car, you got reassured that that taxi was legit.You quickly take a picture of the taxi and it's number plate while Jackson keeps on staring at you strangely at what you are doing. You immediately get inside the taxi when you remember about Jackson,"Hey!" You scream from the window. "Thanks! Means a lot! once again, thanks for the help." You get in the car and wave him goodbye. He waves back. As the car moves on, you speak to yourself,"thats a nice guy......."

"He is." Yeongjae replies to you, And you realise that you spoke a little to loud."He is always happy and very helpful to people...its a shame his parents died when he was young and his relatives didn't survive too.." he spoke in a dissappointed tone. you get intrigued and couldn't help but ask,"Survive what?"

"Oops...I spoke too much..besides I don't wanna upset you mood speaking that tragedy...the Tsunami in Japan.." he says in a helpless tone. "Jackson came to South Korea for his education after his aunt Julie accepted to fund for his higher studies...but then she suddenly died after the 2nd semester itself..although she left some money for him it wasn't enough to pay the whole tuition fee....so he does all sorts of odd jobs to pay for his college." He takes a deep breath and asks you," So what brought you here? Holiday?"

"Actually I am an exchange student from India...I have come here to study in Seoul University Of Arts and Sciences...I am majoring in..."

He takes a left turn and halts the vehicle, where you see a majestic gate,"There...SUAS,,,,We have reached the destination" he says with a proud grin on his face. "But...wait....I didn't tell you where I wanted to go.....then how did you...."

"Oh you did..." he chuckles with a pause,"ummm you told me before getting in the taxi!" he says with an unsure voice,"Perhaps you got engrossed in the scenery and the conversation...''

Maybe.....but you ignore and get down the taxi, greet him thanks  and pay him. "Farewell, young lady!" he says in a rather peculiarly British accent and lifts off his hat gently to bid adieu. Strange...you think, as you walk towards your future home for the next four years, the majestic iron gate shimmering in the Korean sun. You look at your pet Roxy and whisper,"This is the beginning of something awesome, and I know it, Roxy!". The fat creature gave a meow of assurance.

Indeed...this was the beginning of something awesome...and perhaps life-threatening too...Because you didn't know the fact that you were the one...the Chosen.