Final

Moonlight

Let's meet. Same place.

The angel heard his lover in his thoughts. Wondering why is he calling him at this kind of hour but a part of him wants to see him badly. They haven't seen each other for the past few days because there are guards at the borderline. The place that's keeping them apart. 

He quickly went to the said place, of course, with care not wanting some other angels to see him exiting their place. He will get into so much trouble. When he got there he saw the devil with his shining black wings. A black aura surrounding him. "Kai!" he called. Once the devil heard his name his black aura started to disappear and a gentle smile appeared on his face. "Baek" opening his arms so the angel run and went to his arms. "I missed you, a lot." the devil whispered. "Me too, Kai, me too." the angel replied as he nuzzled his face at the devil's neck.

Who would have thought that a devil could be this gentle? Well, apparently, when he met the angel in his arms. How did they met? It's their story to tell not mine.

"Why did you called me? Is there something wrong?" the angel asked and break their hugging session. The devil shook his head, "No, there's nothing wrong." But the angel knew better. He caressed the devil's cheek "Tell me, Kai." The devil look at him before sighing. "Baek, do you love me?" The angel's eyes widened at the sudden question. Why is he asking a question with an obvious answer? He wouldn't be with him if he doesn't love him at all. He wouldn't dare to be in a relationship with him knowing what could happen if someone will know about their relationship. The angel frowned. "What kind of question is that, Kai?"

But instead of answering him the devil asked the same question again. "Oh Kai, of course, I do! Are you doubting this angel?" he replied with a pout. The devil chuckled but immediately turned serious again, "Let's runaway, Baek." he whispered. The angel is shocked, of course. "W-What? Did I heard right? Are you asking me to runaway with you?" The devil nodded, "Let's runaway. Away from here. Let's go to somewhere where no one will judge us. Where we can move freely." he said with a determination in his eyes.

"But Kai, according to the book..." the angel didn't finish what he was about to say when the devil pecked his pinkish lips. "Shh...I don't care what the book says. I don't care what will happen as long as I'm with you." he looked into the angel's eyes deeply. "Do you want to go with me?" Silence. The angel just look at him with fear in his eyes. He was about to back away when the angel smiled and wrap his arms around the devil's neck "I would go anywhere with you." and pulled him into a deep kiss. 

And so, the next day they runaway. They went to earth where they could look like a normal human being. At least on earth, they can be with each other with nothing to worry about. They won't have to sneak out every night just to meet. They won't have to wait until everyone is asleep. And especially, no one will judge their love from each other. Because at their place, a devil and an angel being together is just NO.

 

***

 

When they arrived, their wings became invisible to the people surrounding them. Their white and black clothes are replaced with casual clothes. They look at each other with wide smiles plastered on their faces. "Ready?" the devil asked. The angel nodded excitedly, "Yes, supeeer!" he clap his hands looking like a child who just got a candy from his parents. The devil tap the tip of the angel's nose, "Why is my boyfriend so cute?" The angel flip his imaginary long hair and replied, "I am Byun Baekhyun the prettiest among all angels!" that made the devil laughed. Oh! Take note just not any ordinary laugh. He has a beautiful laugh for a devil. 

But it's true though, Byun Baekhyun is the prettiest among all angels that every woman and man in their kingdom wants to date him. Too bad, he belongs to Kim Jongin aka Kai, the most good looking among all devils that you might mistaken him as an angel if only he doesn't have black wings. Perfect couple aren't they? Well, almost. 

"Why are you laughing at me?" he stomped his feet cutely. The devil can't take any of these cuteness anymore and hug the angel. "Stop acting cute Baek, my heart can't take it, I can't take it anymore." The angel chuckled, "I have that kind of effect in you?" "Yeah." the devil answered. The angel broke the hug and pinch the devil's cheeks "Aww~ Jonginnie~" the devil frowned. "Haven't I told you not to call me that?" "Bleh." the angel stuck his tongue out. Oh well, his boyfriend will be forever this childish.  And he loves it.

 

And so, they decided to make this day special by doing what every couple do. Date. To say that this is their first time doing a nice date. Not like in their place. Their date will always be at the borderline.

The devil bought a Polaroid. They want to save this beautiful day for the rest of their lives.

 

Knowing what will happen to them at the end of the day....

 

***

 

"Baek where do you want to go next?" the devil asked his lover as they are on the street of Seoul walking hand in hand. They spent half of their day strolling at the mall. Window shopping, movie date and many more. They took picture every then and now. Here and there.

"Hmm, I want to see fishes! Yes, fishes! Undersea creatures! Oh my gosh, Jonginnie!! Can we? Can we? I always heard they are so cute but some are scary." The devil was about to answer when the angel continued to blabber. "Oooohhh~ Are mermaids true? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" the devil decided to cover his lover's mouth by his hand. "You know, I always knew you're noisy but I didn't knew you are THIS noisy." The devil teased and the angel glared at him and push his hand away. 

"I am not!" the angel pouted, "Is it wrong to be excited? Huh? Huh?" The devil rolled his eyes, "Fine, fine. Let's go to COEX Aquarium" The angel let out a loud squeal that made some turn their head to their direction. "Oh my gosh! You're the best boyfriend evaaaah~" and pecked his lover's cheeks repeatedly. As long as the devil wants what his lover is doing he needs to stop him because they are getting much attention from the people on the street. "I know, Baek. I know, but we need to go now or else we might be late and it will close. Your fault." The angel immediately stop and gasp "Oh no no no. We can't be late..wait" he tip toed and whispered in the devil's ear "Why don't you use your power?" "What?" The angel shrugged, "It's faster!" and wiggled his eyebrows. "What do you think?" "I don't know, Baek. There are many people and we're on earth so we should do what human beings do. Let's just take a cab." and pulled the angel with him.

 

***

 

"Oh my goooosh! Kai! Look! Look! Fishes!" The angel pointed at the large number of fishes. Many children looked at him maybe thinking he's psycho or what. Who cares. The angel thought. Fishes are coooool! 

The devil can only cover his face with his free hand as the other one is being pulled by the angel. "Baek, lower your voice." he hissed. "What? Why? Am I that loud?" The angel looked at him innocently. Sigh, the perks of being an angel. The devil nodded and the other one just gave him a sorry look. "Anyways..oh look over there! There! There!" and once again everyone the devil was dragged.

 

 

"What is this big creature called?" the angel asked the devil. "A shark." The angel nodded and pressed his hands on the glass. "So big and scary. Look at those teeth. Woah." The devil chuckled at his lover's reaction. He's just too good to be true. He's lucky to have him, Byun Baekhyun. He knows what they are doing right now is wrong. But what can they do? They love each other so dearly. Maybe from their place everyone knows about their relationship already. He's ready for the consequence but is Baekhyun ready? Does he love him that much that he is willing to... 

"Kai? Hello earth to Kim Jonginnie~" He didn't even realize that he was staring at his lover the whole time. He put a smile, "Why?" "You're staring at me and it's kinda..creepy?" and gave him an eye smile.The devil scoffed, "Creepy my . Why are you all red then?" he pokes his cheeks "Huh? Huh?" The angel whined, "Stooop it!" The devil pecked the angel's lips. "Cute." "Whatever, let's just go there! I heard someone saying there will be a mermaid show! I can't believe I'm going to see a real mermaid! Mermaid!!" The angel said excitedly with matching clap.

The devil wants to say that mermaids aren't real but at the same time he doesn't want to upset his lover. Oh whatever. He thought.

 

***

 

Sunset.

For Baekhyun that's the most beautiful view he has ever seen. They are now in top of the mountain laying under a tree watching the sunset. When the sun is nowhere to be found and the sky turned black the stars starts to appear.

"Wow. It's so beautiful." The angel whispered. The devil who was beside him took his hand and lace their fingers. "Not as beautiful as my angel." The angel blushed. "Why is my devil suddenly saying those kind of things?" The devil look at him and deeply stared in his eyes. "I love you, Baekhyun." "I love you, too, Jongin." The devil kissed their connected hands and sigh. 

 

Silence.

 

They just stay like that, laying under the stars with the moonlight as their only source of light. Not saying much. You can hear their heartbeats. Their soft breathing. Thousands of thoughts are playing inside of their minds right now. Knowing their time together will soon end.

The devil stood up and the angel watch him with curiosity. "Let's bury our memories, Baek." the said man sat up. "What do you mean?" the devil smiled and asked him to wait and disappeared for a minute then came back with a small box.

"Here. Let's put our memories here." he said and sat beside the angel. "Give me the pictures, Baek." and the angel did what the devil said. The devil look at the pictures one more time. There, they are smiling widely. Like nothing is wrong. Like they are just a normal couple totally in love. And most importantly he saw the most precious man in his life enjoying every part of their first normal date today and probably would be the last. He put them in the box. The angel who was watching the whole time became sad. "It's time now isn't it?" and a tear came out from those beautiful eyes. 

The devil cupped the angel's face and kissed away those tears. "Don't cry." He murmured, lips still on the angel's closed eyes, "I'm hurting seeing you cry. Please don't." the angel nodded. The devil let go of the angel's face and smiled, "Let's bury it now?" "Yes." and so they buried their memories together under the tree.

When done they looked at each other to see they are starting to fade away. The angel can't take it anymore so he settled himself in the arms of the devil and  broke down. "Kim Jongin, my devil. I love you. I love you. I love you," The devil who is crying quietly nodded and silently replied an 'I love you, too. So much.' 

"Together?" "Forever. I promise you. In our next life we will be together again. Our love will not yet end here but this is just the start. The start of our eternal love." They broke their hug and sealed their promise with a kiss. 

Until then, they started to fade away. The feathers of their wings are starting to fall out one by one. A strong wind came and the two figures became invisible. But on the place where their memories were buried, there are two feathers.

 

 

A black and white feathers.

 

"According to the book: Once an angel and a devil became together they have to be...gone."


Hiii! I hope I didn't disappoint you guys. I tried to finish writing this even though of what's happening right now. So, I hope you will understand :) Thank you for subscribing though!