Updates

Tipsy Queen--{Poster Requests!

 


U.
Last updated: 03/27/2016

 


 

.

 

 

EXO'LUXION IN NEW YORK
`MARCH TWENTY-SEVENTH, twenty-SIXteen


Hey, guys! I am here with an irrelevant post about EXO LOL!

A few months ago I mentioned that I was going to attend an EXO concert. I meant to write a post about it but I totally forgot because I was too busy fighting #postEXOdepression LOL. Anyway, I went to EXOPLANET #2 - The EXO’luXion in New York on Sunday, February 21st. The concert was actually held in New Jersey but whatever haha. I dragged my sister along with me even tho she isn’t into EXO, and we both had an awesome time! I’m not going to go into details because you've probably seen the videos/pictures on Tumblr or something by now, but I do want to share the pictures that I took! My sister and I sat directly across the stage, which was AWESOME because that’s exactly where I wanted to be! We weren’t close to the stage but we weren’t that far from it either.

But anyway, there were two girls in front of us who wouldn’t sit the hell down and it made me really mad! You can actually see them in some of my pictures LOL. And btw I literally screamed every time Jongin’s face appeared on the big screen LOL. I couldn’t breathe when he performed his solo dance during Baby Don’t Cry omg he’s just so heavenly #tears.

I was upset that EXO didn't perform Promise but I guess that was a good thing cause I would have been crying my eyes out LOLOLOL. And I must say that the Silver Ocean was absolutely beautiful that night! I will never forget that dayyyyy #happytearsforever!

 

  
 
  

  

 
  
   

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

 

 


 

 

note
`march ninth, twenty-sixteen


Let me make this clear: you will not get a poster from me if your story already has a poster.

I was going to write a long post about this but we are all adults and I'm not obligated to explain myself to anyone. Due to this annoying issue, only three requests have been accepted into Batch 5. I've decided to disable the request form until further notice.

 

 


 

 

UPDATE #FOUR
`JANUARY NINETEENTH, twenty-SIXteen


Hello, my lovely Queens!

First things first: Batch 4 is finally open after 35 years but I think Jotform is experiencing some issues with their server, so the form isn’t working for now
UPDATE: the form works now! But I’m so sorry that it took forever to complete the third batch #tears! I’ll check the request form later to see if it’s working!

I just wanted to give you guys an update on my life because my life totally matters haha. While I was inactive, I discovered that I'm going to be an aunt!! My sister is pregnant and she’s going to find out the baby’s gender this coming Friday omgomgomgomg. I really want it to be a girl and I don’t even know why LOLOL. The whole pregnancy thing was a major rollercoaster ride but we managed to get through! Woohoo!

And as if becoming an aunt isn’t already the best thing in the world, I’m going to see EXO in New York! What else can I say about this, like literally? No words! #gotmyeyesonkai

I think I’m probably going to change the layout. TQ’s had this box layout for a while because I’m so lazy but I think it’s time for a change!

I hope you guys are having an awesome January! 

 

 


 

 

XMAS SPECIAL (2015)
`DECEMBER TWENTY-SECOND, twenty-fifteen


Hello, my lovely Queens!

Introducing La Collection de Parfum as Tipsy Queen's Xmas special! I put together three super neat resource packets for you guys, each packet being named after three of my favorite perfumes haha. As you can see above, each packet costs 75 karma points or you can go for the deal (200 kp for the Trio Package) and get two extra fonts or resources of your choosing. All karma points will be donated to a random graphic shop (of my sister's choosing haha). Chances are that the chosen graphic shop will be a fairly new shop (so he/she can buy a neat layout or advertise the shop in the future?) idk karma points don't seem like much but they can give someone a head start! :D

The original plan for this collection of resources was to sketch out each perfume... but I only got one done (click here) LOLOL. Laziness followed suit and I just decided to give up on the sketching part haha. But I hope you guys will take a look at these packets and enjoy them!

I would like to apologize for disappearing for nearly an entire month. I just got caught up in a lot of things but thankfully everything is starting to slow down. I actually got into a car accident (my first one omg) a few days ago and ugh it was just terrible! It's funny because I didn't even get mad when the accident happened, my first instinct was to cry (which I definitely did) LOLOLOL. I cried because I was actually driving my father's Supra and he LOVED that car to the moon and back. It just broke my heart when I realized that I wrecked his dream car #sadface #daughteroftheyurr haha. But no one was hurt and I wasn't at fault so I'm gucci LOL.

I have one more request to finish before Batch 4 opens! Thank you all for being so patient with me. I can't believe 2015 is already coming to an end!

*For more information regarding this collection, refer to CHAPTER THREE*

 

 


 

 

UPDATE #THREE
`NOVEMBER FIRST, twenty-fifteen


TIPSY QUEEN / BATCH THREE / RANDOM PHOTOS
Hey guys! Just letting you guys know that Batch 3 is now open! Thank you guys for being so patient with me even tho I’m slow as hell LOLOL.
(*EDIT: please don't request from Tipsy Queen if you already have an unlimited poster for your story! Unlimited meaning the designer did not give you a certain amount of time to use the poster (i.e. two months). I'm getting bored and tired of dealing with situations like this.) I also wanted to share with you guys some pictures that I took this past weekend! My family and I went to Orlando (a city in Florida) and I went all out with my camera LOL. But I want to show you guys some of my favorite pictures! My ultimate favorite one is the picture of the baby gator (the first picture) haha.

 

  
  
  

  

 

HAPPY NOVEMBER!

 

 


 

 

TQ TURNS FOUR!
`SEPTEMBER TENTH, twenty-fifteen

 

Hey, guys! Today is the 10th of September, which marks Tipsy Queen’s fourth year of existence!

First of all, I would like to send a thousand hugs and kisses to OXYGENBANDIT for being the real MVP. I was up messaging her on Snapchat until one in the morning and somewhere between the insults in our conversation, I realized that she was asking questions about Tipsy Queen (which is ever so rare LOL). I knew in that moment that she was planning to advertise this shop in celebration of TQ’s fourth birthday. Even though I told her not to, she decided to be a brat and go through with it anyway. I swear she doesn’t listen LOL! But thank you, my love, for doing so much. You have surprised me with two advertisements (this would have been the third time but I was awake to catch you red-handed LOL) and I truly believe that my entire life still won't be enough time to express my gratitude. You, too, have become someone so precious and dear to me, and I would never even think about trading you for the world. Gosh, you piss me off so many times in a day that I don’t even count anymore LOOL. But nevertheless, I love you more than you will ever imagine. So, now I have evidence and all of AFF as my witness to prove that you think I'm a mastermind HAHA.

And now to my lovely Queens, thank you for the support that you guys have shown to me throughout the years! Even while TQ was inactive, I received a lot of heart-wrenching comments that made me wonder if closing TQ was the right thing. I have had such a blast down this road and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of supporters! There were many dumb things that I did in the past yet you guys continued to love me regardless of my mistakes. I am so, so, soooo very thankful for that.

As a token of my gratitude, Tipsy Queen’s request form will be enabled for 24 hours starting now (4:30 p.m. EDT)! The three authors who have not yet received their poster from TQ’s Second Batch will be marked as top priority since they’ve requested long before today. I will take a look at the new requests once I finish the remaining half of the second batch! So, for those who would like to request... request away! :D #idontknowifiwillregretthisornotLOL #buticandoit!!!!

Before I end this, I just want to apologize for not updating this shop and for not being as brisk as I should be (at least by now LOL). I’m just going through a bump in the road right now, so please be patient with me. Thank you all! #somuchlove

 

 


 

 

UPDATE #TWO
`AUGUST SEVENTH, twenty-fifteen


READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!
Before I write anything else, I need to let you guys know that THIS LAYOUT LOOKS LIKE CRAP ON A MOBILE DEVICE! Coding isn't exactly my cup of tea, guys, and that should already tell you enough LOL. I tried my best and it should look right on most of your desktops
(click here). It might be a little misaligned on other screens but I'm not too worried about having the perfect layout. I gave up because I don't fully understand coding LOL ugh I'll probably just turn the layout into an image soon. BUT AYEEEEE IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE HOMEGIRL’S NEW BFF BY FIXING THAT, I got my bff chair ready LOL. So pls refrain from viewing TQ on a mobile device because it will kill you and it looks hideous! i'm sorry, pls don't judge me.

HELLO, ALL! 
With that said, hello my lovely Queens! TQ is finally open after two whole years and I am super excited! As a matter of fact, TQ is open a day early because I have too many things going on this weekend (most of them are things that I would kick off my schedule in a heartbeat) LOL. I have a wedding to attend on the 8th, which was TQ's original comeback date, and lord only knows if I will even make it home in time to post this haha. My class is also ending in just a few days, and that means that I'm piled with a crap load of work! My only options were to open a day early or a week late (#crying). On top of that, I still have to write my super long report on euthanasia T__T oh gosh, halp me!

I know that requests will come in slowly (if I receive any at all) because it has been a very long time! Each batch will consist of six requests, and the request form will be disabled once the sixth request comes in.

As you can see, I decided to stick to a very simple and minimal layout because simple is good! Sticking to a plain layout was my intention because I just couldn't breathe after stressing over the first two layouts LOL. The current layout is my third attempt at making a decent layout even tho it isn't decent on a mobile device. LOL I probably shouldn't have waited a week before the comeback... that was very stupid of me and I will never, ever go through that pain again! But the first layout involved a lot of scrolling and crazy circle stuff (LOL idk why), so I was like yeeeeahh no. The second layout was only beautiful because I made a nice little Kaisoo poster for it. Obviously, that didn’t see the light either tho LOL.

This is just a random note, but I bought a new shampoo that was supposed to add volume to my hurr. I just used some of it and I'm preeeeeettty sure this shampoo did everything BUT volumize my hurr. I am so disappointed, and my heart is completely shattered. My hair isn't extremely flat but I'd like to add more volume because I know it will look a lot prettier! But life is too unfair #insertbrokenheartemojihere.

—DESIGNER INFO: 
I just want to let you guys know that my posters can sometimes be described as extremely simple LOL, and I specialize in angst graphics. I'm not a huge fan of overcrowded posters and such, so I tend to use only a few stocks per poster (if any). If you request from me, please be aware that I can't make those beautiful posters that are filled with leaves, phone booths, clocks, statues, etc (yet). My posters are usually, maybe 90% of the time, smoky.

Please understand that every designer has a unique style! But if you haven't done so already, do take a look at the samples are on the Foreword! Two of them are old but the others are my latest graphics :D that'll give you a hint of what to expect from me haha. I hope that I can regain all of your support in the future as I build a new and improved foundation for TQ! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to message me. Merci beaucoup!

 

 


 

 

UPDATE #one 
`July sixth, twenty-fifteen

Hello, beautiful people!

This is Dellaburies, previously known as JaeJoongLove or JJL! Besides my spontaneous post in January, it has been a super long time since I last updated TQ! Originally, I wasn’t going to update this thread until the specified date on the Foreword… but then I realized that some of you might have some questions about TQ’s comeback and so forth. So this update is basically just some information about what to expect with Tipsy Queen’s second volume, and it’s also an update on what I’ve been doing with my life since I shut down this shop in 2013.

 

1a. tipsy queen: First and foremost, Tipsy Queen will be opened for requests in August. I was really hesitant about reopening TQ because I wasn’t sure if I had enough dedication to maintain it without ditching haha. I believe my main reason for closing this shop was the fact that I had lost interest in making posters. I was winging my requests toward the end, and as a result, some of the posters turned out absolutely hideous LOL. I would like to send a super late apology to those authors!

1b. changes and services: There will be a few changes in regards to the services that Tipsy Queen will offer. I used to make posters and backgrounds, along with optional chapter signatures. I also posted games and offered a handful of resources, such as color palettes and PSD actions. Well I’ve decided that TQ will only offer fanfic posters in the future. The reason for that is because, quite honestly, ain’t nobody got time for all that extra stuff anymore. I mean, some designers might still have time (LOL), but I’m just speaking for myself over here in my little corner. Backgrounds are not difficult to make but they just don’t look as great on AFF compared to Winglin (going way back now LOL). Yes, sometimes it only takes a minute to make a background but one minute makes a difference.
 

I’m still deciding if I should add some new services. As of right now, I’m not too sure if I should go through with my plans but I’ll share them anyway LOL.

  • Trailers: I recently got into making fanfic trailers. It takes a crap load of time but I really enjoy putting all the clips together and stuff. So far I’ve only made two trailers for my own fanfics, but I think it’s something that I might want to offer as a service of TQ. I’m not too sure yet because, again, I don’t know if I’ll be dedicated enough or if I’ll ditch it in the future LOL. CLICK FOR A SAMPLE TRAILER (AND PLEASE WATCH IN HD)!
     
  • Personal art: I was thinking about having a special feature where you guys can request for like… an art commission, sort of. I’m thinking mainly, like, a chibi version of your favorite OTP (LOL my mind is running wild, I know). Or a chibi version of your bias(es), whatever you’d like. I can offer a digital painting of your bias, but I have a lot more fun when I’m drawing chibis LOL. So for now, I’m planning to offer chibi drawings. Now, I’m not a big fan of having requestors pay for stuff (with karma points) but if I do decide to go through with this specific plan, I might have a price for the commissions. Why? Simply because it is my original art. It is completely different from making a poster, where the designer puts together different pictures/stocks that are not theirs to claim. My art is my own to claim, therefore it is very important to receive some kind of recognition or credit. Does that make sense? CLICK FOR A SAMPLE OF MY KAISOO CHIBIS!
     
  • Request batches: Before I shut down TQ, I never had batches of requests because I had a lot of free time. My request form was usually open to everyone until the requests piled up. As a result, I always had a super long status list. That meant that every single requestor on my never-ending status list had to wait for weeks, sometimes even months. I don’t want that to happen again, I swear that status list dragged me to my own end LOL. And you know, after a while the list just gets messy and stuff anyway. So I’m probably going to utilize the batch system haha. CLICK FOR A SAMPLE OF A REQUEST BATCH! Just kidding LOL.
     
  • Games: I’m pretty sure I won’t be posting games this time around. There are actually threads for K-Pop games all over AFF now, which is so weird LOL. I may or may not post a few games here and there.
     

1c. rules: I changed a few rules but I think I’ve added two or three new ones too. To be completely honest, I don’t care as much as I used to. It is perfectly fine with me if you want to request a poster from me and ditch it in a few months. If you don’t provide HQ pictures, I don’t mind. That’s actually one of my new rules: I pick the pictures, unless you really want me to use a specific picture. As far as I can remember, TQ never had a blacklist to begin with. I intend to keep it that way. Now remember that I am speaking solely for myself, and that my perspective is completely different from most designers on AFF. I won’t be as strict with my rules since I can’t do much if most of them are “broken.” The only thing I’m really big on is the whole crediting thing. Credit me. Just do it. Just do it and have a wonderful day.
 

2a. dellaburies! Just some information about me since it has been nearly two years!! I worked in a mall by my house while I was MIA from AFF (working in the mall was my dream at the time LOL). I applied to… probably six stores, and it was just my damn luck that the store I didn’t want to work at called me for an interview LOL. But I was desperate for a job so I went in for the interview and I got the job as a Sales Associate at Footaction.  

After an entire year of working at Footaction, I quit to focus on my studies. I’m currently a medical student working her way to become a registered MA. I put in a lot of effort to get where I am right now and I swear to you that I’ve never worked this hard before in my life haha. I am a student ambassador and I’m also in the Alpha Beta Kappa Honor Society with a 4.0 GPA (I’m really competitive when it comes to academics)! Yes, I’m really proud of myself LMAO especially since my initial life goal was to become an artist. I ended up walking into the medical field, which is the complete opposite of what I really wanted to do (art), so imagine how that felt haha.

Deep down inside, I am nothing more than an artist. I love art no matter what form it’s in. Music, photography, singing, traditional… everything, I love them all! I’ve been into traditional art for as long as I can remember haha. But I’ve been digging digital art lately. I had a Wacom Bamboo Tablet but I had to give it away because the tablet was only compatible with Windows. I gave it to my friend when I got my MacBook Pro because, obviously, it wouldn’t work with my Mac. I tried to change the settings online but it was impossible, which tore my heart into pieces. I ended up buying an Intuos Pen Tablet a few days later, so that’s what I use now.

 

2b. designing: As most of you may know, I specialize in darker graphics. I struggled a lot with cutesy/romantic posters back then, but I think I’m slowly getting better at them haha. I joined AFF’s graphic community in 2010 when there were only a handful of us. Most of the designers were working at graphic request sites at the time. Sounds like ages ago but it’s really not haha. If you’re still reading this, you deserve a damn cookie LOL! I really didn’t mean to write this much crap haha.
 

I just wanted to give you guys an update with some information before TQ reopens. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me via the comments section or my new ask.fm! Yeah I finally created one LOL. You can find the link below! And by the way, this is a really random side comment, but Ruby Rose is BAE <3 god I love her UGH!!!!

Thank you guys for scrolling through this super long update haha! I hope to see you guys when Tipsy Queen officially reopens in August!