1st

My Wife is A Ghost?!

The pain was getting more excruciating every minute. I was bleeding badly. Contractions were getting more and more frequent and it felt like my back bones were breaking; my breaths were shallow and fast. I tried to walk towards the door to ask for help; I have to. I badly needed help that moment. It was my due and I had no one with me. No friends, no family to look after me and the worst, my husband was at war for no guarantee if there will still be a Siwon who will come back for me…or would there be me- and our baby to welcome him if he did.

Then I realized that I was already lying helpless on the floor, my body too weak to prop myself up. All I could feel was the baby forcing his way out of me. As much as I wanted to hold back, I really couldn’t anymore. I bit my lip as I try to push the baby out of me as I had no other choice. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, clearing my thoughts for a moment but it was a total failure; I was in panic.

Screaming and tearing up in intense pain, I did my best; it was very difficult especially without Siwon by my side. ‘Siwon, I need you  here..’ I pleaded in my mind but not waiting for a miracle to happen that he would pop up by my side and comfort me this time. I miss him so much; I couldn’t handle this on my own.

But reality was being cruel; I needed to be strong for my husband and child. ‘Take another deep breath, Stephanie, you’ll be okay.’ I convinced myself. And at the last long push, everything suddenly went blank. I didn’t even hear my baby cry. My body just dropped lifelessly on the wooden flooring. Did I really push him out? No?

 

- - -

Iron Triangle Battlefield, Seoul, South Korea

Siwon's POV

After 3 months…

 

I was at the war, fighting the territory of my beloved country against the foreign forces the wanted to invade the city. The smell of gun powder and blood immuned my smell already for I have been dealing with this for six months. All the men over 18 years old were mandatory to join the army but the troops were still lacking; I somehow knew that we will lose the fight…But I’m not the kind of person who easily gives up. I took a photo in my chest pocket and it was my wife that I left alone six months ago.  Ah, she must be carrying our three month old baby in her arms at the moment, humming him/her to sleep. The thought of them made a tear roll down my cheek. Would I be able to see my family after this?

Guilt and sadness devoured me at that time. It was a painful thought that I might not be able to make it through this war especially now that the army has lost a lot of people. I left my pregnant wife and unborn child alone in our house with only the assurance that the government will feed them if I died. All I wanted was to go back and be with them again.

 A gentle pat on my back made me go back to my senses again. I looked up and it was Donghae, another victim of this mandatory service who was forced to leave his wife and twins to join the war. He was smiling at me like he was telling me that everything will be okay and we’ll all survive; he’s the silent guy here. His gentle smile made me realize that I wasn’t the only one who was trying to be strong with this kind of misery.

‘It has been too long. No one is here to back us up anymore. We’re going to die-‘ Eunhyuk whined that earned a smack from Heechul.

‘Yah, yah, yah. Are you some kind of fortune teller now? Sheesh. Stop being a .’ Heechul told him.

‘Hyung don’t be like that I’m just scared!’ he whined more. ‘If you whine like that and a witch heard you, she will turn you into a flea and boom! You’re done.’ Heechul joked.

‘R-really, hyung?’ Eunhyuk clung to Donghae’s arm and you can see the fright in his expression. The scene made me laugh despite the war going on. He really is a gullible guy.

‘OH MY FLEAS- Gaah I can’t believe this guy.’ Heechul hyung ruffled his hair and he was about to go out but he was pushed aside when the soldiers brought a shrieking man in- the man was Kyuhyun, my other colleague.

Hurriedly, we all went to his side and we saw him how he clutched his left leg as he shouted. ‘HOW IS IT?! HOW BAD IS IT? Tell me, am I gonna die?! Gaaaah it freaking hurts!’ He was basically rolling on the bed.

‘Stop it. You only got a sprain.’ The doctor said and we all gave Kyuhyun a smack on the head.

‘A sprain… Sprain. Just a sprain. And you scream like a pig?’ Heechul told him and shook his head. We all knew he was annoyed but it was really entertaining to see him like that. As we were about to rest, the leader of the cohort entered the barracks and he stood in front of us.

‘I know all of you are on the verge of giving up. Well, I’m telling you all to not to give up! It’s still too early to give up! Do you realize what will happen if we lose? If you all give up it’s our wives who will become their slaves, it’s our sons that they will kill, it’s our daughters who they will sell, and it’s our land that they will steal! Do you all want that to happen?’ The leader spoke and it somehow kind of risen the spirits of the men injured. Like a light bulb just flickered into our minds that we had to win the war; we had to protect our country. Or the horror of the foreign countries invading our land will haunt us forever.

Loud battle cries filled the barracks as everyone ran to get their guns and swords- even Kyuhyun, who was badly sprained got up to grab the last gun—wait what? The last one? How am I gonna battle with- ‘Here you go, buddy.’ Donghae handed a sword to me. ‘You wander too much, congratulations. You have to go into the battle field with that sword.’

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, everyone. Sorry for being inactive. I have a very problematic life outside AFF so it's hard to focus on my stories. T_T i hope you'll keep on supporting this story since yeah. lmao we all know the plot of this. xD

honestly this suits HaeSica as main characters more ;w; but sifany...

This is a not-so-interesting chapter and tthe next one includes the friendship of the boys. expect some sifany at the end of next chapter o/