Chapter 1-Take Off

Awake and Dreaming

Her heart begins racing the moment the car pulls into the airport parking lot. The smell of jet fuel, automobile exhaust, and hot tarmac combine to assault the senses with images of exotic escapes and the kind of freedom that can only come from airports. Sora can feel the thrum of the engines at takeoff and the vibration of the plane during the flight in on her skin. She sees people listening to MP3s and playing video games and hears the couple behind her chatting about the weather in Florida and the possibility of rain. Sora recognizes the smell of fading perfume that women are wearing. Chanel, Wind-song and White Diamonds clash with the smell of popcorn and Quiznos sandwiches. 
The whir of wheels on marble and concrete mixed with the mechanical, yet pleasant, voice on the public address system calling for someone to go to the nearest courtesy phone, or announcing that flight 246  is now boarding at gate 145.

Sora stands in the middle of the airport . Watching people go by, Buzzing like a hive, going their own way. The summer air blows through out the terminals, seeping through the cracks and open doors. England's summer was hotter than usual, the clear skies held clouds as it loomed overhead. Only 16 and on her way back 'home'  Sora had never felt so lost in her life. 

Attention : Now boarding flight 246 to Tokyo Japan. All passengers please proceed to Gate 145

Being half European and halfJapanese, Sora stuck out like a sore thumb. She had long dark hair, and big hazel eyes that contrasted her fair skin. She had her mothers eyes, the eyes of wonder and mystery . Her mother had just passed away in an accident, leaving Sora more alone than she ever was. She has a younger sister, which has been living with her father in Japan, while she lived with her mother here in England . Her parents divorced each other when she was merely 3 and her sister just 1 . She doesn't remember much about her father or her sister, as she has never visited them before. Only through long phone calls to her sister and post cards was all she ever got to know them. 

Final call for all passenger boarding  flight 246, I repeat, all passengers please make their way to gate 145 for boarding.

Crap !
Too absorbed in the moment, Sora sprints to the gate, dragging her luggage behind her. Weaving through the mass of people, dogging elbows and jumping over carts, Gate 145 is in her view.
Yes, there's still people lined up to board, I made it in time !
Sora celebrates in her head and she moves closer to her gate.

*wham! Sora falls flat on her , dazed at what had just happened. Pain shot through her legs as she struggled to find her composure again . A worker rushes up to her and asked her if she okay. Sora insists that she's fine, and scopes the area for the cause. There is a boy, sitting not too far from her, rubbing his side. He's tall, thin with a lean build and brownish hair. His eyes are wide with shock and guilt as he crawls over to her to ask if she's alright. His eyes mesmerizes her. Never in her life has she seen eyes like his. They're pure and innocent, yet a passion burns beneath them. Mysterious eyes that reflect her own. 

"I'm so sorry ! Are you alright? I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you hurt?"
Sora snaps out of her daze and stares at the boy.
"I-I'm fine, just my hurts" Sora replied with a chuckle.
What the hell did I just say….
"Thank goodness, I though I hurt you pretty bad. I'm sorry I'm quite clumsy sometimes. It's just that my flight is about to leave, and I was in such a hurry I didn't even notice that I ran right into you."his voice was deep, and husky, it threw her off guard as She was trying to piece his voice to his face.Sora took a note of how tall he was , as now he stood in front of her picking up his things.  After countless apologies,Sora made her way towards her gate, she glanced back at the boy, who was trailing behind her.
That's odd, I wonder if he's on this flight too.
Sora brushed the thought away as she hands her boarding pass to the attendant, and makes her way  towards her seat.
A-Ha ! A window seat! 
Excitement fills her stomach as she settles down, awaiting take-off. Too absorbed in looking outside the window, a familiar voice interrupts her thoughts.
 
"Is this seat taken?" Sora turns to face the owner of the voice , only to find herself in awe once more. Sora stares into the pair of mysterious eyes, hypnotized by the sparkle in them. He clears his throat, and points at her jacket on the seat next to hers. 
"Is this seat taken ?, if so I could-"
"Oh no no no ! It's nots, it's just-I ,-my,- jacket."
Sora quickly retrieves her jacket hiding her embarrassed face as the boy sits down.
"I'm sorry about earlier, if I knew we were on the same flight I would've helped you with your luggage. "

He's trying to make small talk, okay, Sora, breath. It's just a super cute guy sitting next to you for the next 6hrs………6HOURS!!! Omg I can't do this, lord have mercy on my soul, for I have not sinned, please help me get through this ! I don't want to embarrass myself more than I've already have!
"It's alright, it kind of woke me up" she mentally face palmed herself. What a stupid answer, he probably thinks I'm a retard now.
The boy smiles at her,  flashing his perfect white pearl teeth.
"I'm Chanyeol by the way, Park Chanyeol."
Judging by his name she Knew he wasn't from England ,but his English was flawless, it made Sora doubt herself. 

"You don't look like a Park Chanyeol." The boy was taken aback at her reply and quickly chuckled, amused by her sense of humor. 
"Well what does a Park Chanyeol look like then?"
"I don't know , you tell me." Chanyeol grins at her as he can clearly tell how confused she looks.
"I'm part Japanese , Korean, and European. My father is Japanese and Korean , while my mother is European . I know I may not look like it, but I assure you I am." Chanyeol laughs, his deep voice booming  through out the cabin. 
Sora mentally face palms herself again. Thinking she's an idiot, she didn't notice that he was staring at her.

Chanyeol analyzes Sora as she looks dazed. He traces her figure with his eyes, outlining every detail he can. She's thin but with an athletic build, long dark brown hair, and big hazel eyes. 
Those eyes….
"Do-do I have something on my face?" Chanyeol snaps out of his trance and utters a response.
"Name."
Sora stares at him dumbfounded . 
Huh…
"Your name, you still haven't told me your name."Chanyeol grins as he notices the pink flush on her cheeks. 
She's actually kind of cute.
"O-oh, my name is Sora Lee, err well, Yoshida. I'm half Japanese and half European. My mother is from England and my father Is Japanese. "
"Sora, as in 'sky'?"
Sora nods , trying to suppress the blood that’s creeping its way to her cheeks.

"That's a really pretty name. Mine means vivid, illuminating, and bright. But that's my Korean name, I also have a  Japanese name which is Tsuki which means moon. " There's a pause and she takes the courage to look at him.  Chanyeol had his eyes closed, seeming as he was asleep, she begins tracing the lines on his face. His eyes, his nose, lips and jaw…
"Do you have an English name?" His question startled her as she tried to regain her composure. His eyes were still closed but his deep voice rang in her ears.

" Um,Sora is kinda like my English name but I'll tell you my other Japanese name if you tell me your English name." Chanyeol nods his head, not bothering to open his eyes.
"Well my Japanese name is  Yozora ." Chanyeol smiles to himself, painting a picture of the name in his mind.
Night sky, how pretty ~
"Since I told you, you have to tell me your English name."There's a silent pause, as she waits for his answer.
"I don't have one."
Sora stares at him in disbelief . She was fooled by him, and suddenly feels embarrassed again.

"Why don't you give me one?"
Chanyeol peeks through one eye to find Sora Flustered and in deep thought.
Why such a cute thinking face …
" hmm… how about Chase?"
He looks at he questionably.Raising an eyebrow at her.
"What am I chasing?"
Sora shrugs her shoulders, "Life,I suppose."