Final

Of Empty Feelings and Strong Resemblance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Yunhee liked Oh Hyunhun.

Kim Jongdae, her bestfriend since diapers asks her why.

She simply tells him her reason, and being bestfriends he understands why.

Byun Baekhyun, Jung Krystal and Choi Sulli, her college friends— even her other classmates asks her what did she see in him and why does she likes him.

She wanted to tell them the real reason, but instead she answers them with an “I don’t know, I just do”; because in their case, they will never understand why.
 


Park Yunhee liked Oh Hyunhun.
 

He was a 3rd year sunbae in their college, taking the course Business Management and Oh Sehun—the popular soccer varsity player and also one of her classmates in Sociology and Chemistry class—‘s older brother.

She first saw him at the library, and was fascinated because among the other Business majors she has met; he was the most interesting person she’d laid her eyes on. By then, she started observing him and asking small questions about him from his younger brother who gave her a suggestive wriggle in the eyebrow, pointing out that she must be interested so much and might like his older brother somehow.

Yunhee rolls her eyes, and playful punched Sehun’s shoulder—because by that time they we’re already close enough to be labeled as ‘friends’.

She didn’t know that she might be falling.

 

And she does.
 


Park Yunhee liked Oh Hyunhun.
 

She realized that she did during their semester break—she sometimes caught herself thinking about him more often, or how what he is doing right now and how is he spending his one month vacation. She’s sometimes tempted to text Sehun and ask; but she stops herself from doing so— that bastard might again for being so curios about that brother of his.

But then she can’t deny that she’s indeed falling for Oh Hyunhun as time passes by.
 


It was in the early and cold February, Sehun and Yunhee— being classmates in the Chemistry class, were inside the library and doing their assignment for tomorrow.

“Oh, hey hyung” Sehun looks up from the research assignment he and Yunhee are currently making, making the girl look up as well to which hyung he is referring to.

“Kim Junmyeon-ssi” she mumbles a little bit loud as a sign of acknowledgement.

Junmyeon smiles, ruffling the both of their heads before sitting down next to Yunhee and leaning over to their unfinished assignment.

“So, what are you guys doing?” the older out of the three asks, looking down and possibly reading what is being written in their notebooks.

“What else? An assignment, duh” Sehun snorts as he focused on his writing. Yunhee on the other hand unconsciously gripped on her ballpen tight; Junmyeon was just right beside her, leaning and his body almost touching hers while the smell of his perfume is making her dizzy—in a very good way.


Kim Junmyeon was also a sunbae in their university; he’s in his 4th year of his Economics major and the president of the university’s student council. Yunhee met him a year ago— she was a freshman that time and got lost within the school grounds (because the school was big and had too many buildings and departments)— and fortunately bumped into him, sending strings of “I’m sorry”s and “I wasn’t looking because I was lost” and another “This university has so many buildings and departments”. She was completely startled when the man chuckled and gave her a smile— Yunhee swears she can see some light coming from Junmyeon’s back (from the top of his head actually) and some angels singing but it all vanished when she was snapped from her little daydreaming when he asks her what’s her course and which room she should be going to.
 

“Oh, you’re taking up Advertising? That’s pretty cool” he says when he was leading her to her classroom—and she’s glad that it was on the 4th floor and they were taking the stairs.

“U-uh neh…how about you mister?” she asks and he laughs

“My name is Kim Junmyeon. Isn’t ‘mister’ a bit too old for me?”

“Sorry Kim Junmyeon-ssi”

“It’s alright; I’m on my 3rd year of taking Economics. How about you? What year are you now?”

“I’m on my first year”

“Oh, right. That explains why” he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment and Yunhee can’t help but smile.

They stopped in front of a wooden door and Junmyeon looks at her, she looks back at him.

“So here’s your room, if you’re lost again you can always bump into me or something” he chuckles, and Yunhee smiles.

“I will. Thank you so much Junmyeon-ssi for helping me” she bows and was about to turn the door knob when Junmyeon asks her,

“Oh, before I forgot, what’s your name?”

“Yunhee. Park Yunhee”


And that’s the start of their friendship.
 


“Yunhee-ah?”

Yunhee snapped from her little flashback when a hand waved in front of her face, whipping her head to her left side she almost had a heart attack when she found out Junmyeon’s face was too close for her comfort, she can’t help but blush.

“N-neh?”

“You’re spacing off. Are you alright?” he asks, voice laced with worry.

Yunhee was about to answer when a hand tugs on her pigtail, making the three of them— as Sehun was already finished with his assignment— look up to see Jongdae grinning down at the only girl in the group.

“Yah, I was waiting for you at the cafeteria! I thought we’re going to eat together” Jongdae softly whines and Yunhee jolts up when she remembers her promise.

“Oh yeah, I’m sorry I was too caught up in making my research” she says, getting up and putting her things inside her bag.

“Hey, aren’t you going to finish the assignment first?” Sehun asks and she shakes her head.

“Nope, I’ll just do it at home. Thank you for accompanying me Sehun-ssi”

“You’re going too soon?” Junmyeon frowns at her, making her stop what she’s doing.

“Ahm, yes. I promised this man over here that I’d have lunch together with him. I have to go now, see you around” she says before being dragged by Jongdae out of the library.

 

 

“What was that?” Jongdae asks when they reached the ground floor.

“What was?” Yunhee asks back, rather clueless.

“Kim Junmyeon’s face so close to yours that both of you can switch faces with just a snap” he rolls his eyes and enters the cafeteria, immediately falling in line. He snorts when Yunhee blushes from his reminder.

“I was spacing off okay? The next thing I know is that he’s so close to me and— why? Are you jealous?” she suddenly teases and if she wasn’t bestfriends with Jongdae he would have thrown her out of the window.

“ please, keep on dreaming because my heart only belongs to Zhang Liyin-ssi from the Music department okay?”

Yunhee laughs when she suddenly remembers her bestfriend’s undying love for that sunbae ever since he first saw her.

“I was just teasing jeez, no need to be hot-head—oh !” she panicks, ducking her head low and pretending that she’s reading something from the book that she’s holding.

Jongdae suddenly felt clueless as to why his bestfriend suddenly acted that way and looked around the cafeteria when he saw him.
 

Oh Hyunhun, seating at a corner with some of his Business major friends and eating together.

He looked back at Yunhee who is still ducking her head on the book and snickers.

“Hey, stop doing that he’s not even looking at you jeez”

“But he’s there!!! I feel nervous all of a sudden ugh” she says almost inaudibly.

“Whatever, come on we’re the next to buy”

 

“Let’s sit here” Yunhee says, placing her tray on the table and Jongdae sighs, trying not to roll his eyes at the place she choose for them to sit at. It was somehow very near to the place where Hyunhun and his friends are currently sitting at and Jongdae thinks that maybe she chooses this place because she will be a ninja observer again, a term he made as a label ever since she started liking the Business major student months ago.

“Why am I bestfriends with you again?” he mumbles, loud enough for her to hear him.

“Because you love me that’s what” she stuck her tongue out at him and he scrunches up in fake disgust before they started to eat, Yunhee glancing at Hyunhun every now and then while her heart unconsciously flutters every time he smiles and laughs with the jokes the group are sharing.

 

 

The next time she sees him that day is when she came back to the library, as Sehun told her that he has a surprise for her. She saw him sitting on one of the long tables, his back facing towards her. Suddenly, she felt her heart thumping loudly against her chest when she saw the back of the person he is with.


Oh Hyunhun.


Yunhee thinks that she could just text Sehun and lie to him that she has suddenly something to do but unfortunately for her, before she could take a step back and turn around, Sehun turned his head around and immediately saw her.

“Yunhee! Come, come!” he grins, gesturing for the girl to come over. She had no choice but to oblige and walk towards them, running off would mean that she’s rude.

She carefully sat beside Sehun, legs shaking and turning into jelly as she try not to blush as red as the tomato with her heart beating erratically against her chest.

“Hyung, this is Park Yunhee!” Sehun says, slinging an arm around her shoulders and bringing her closer to him so that his brother can see her face.

“Ahm, annyeonghaseyo” she says softly and she bows a little bit, thanking the heavens that she did not stutter.

“Is she your girlfriend?” Hyunhun muses and the younger brother made a sound that Yunhee couldn’t describe if it’s a chuckle or a chortle.

“Hyung! How could you say that? You know that I’m too focused on soccer and my studies that I have no time to get myself a girlfriend” Sehun whines and the older brother chuckles, “She’s one of my friends here in the uni and being your younger brother I have to introduce my friends to you just like how you do to me, right?”

Yunhee can feel her heart beating abnormally fast right now because of nervousness when she saw him nod his head and looked at her. He smiled, reaching out a hand for a handshake.

“It’s nice to meet you, Park Yunhee-ssi. I’m Oh Hyunhun, Sehunnie’s hyung”

She reached out a slightly shaking hand as well and forced out a normal smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too Hyunhun-ssi”

“Hey, why is your hand so cold?” he suddenly asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion and Yunhee immediately retracts her hand with panic.

“I-I u-uh…it’s naturally cold” she says as a lame excuse.

“Eh? Really?” Sehun says and immediately took her hand in his hand placed it on his cheek, his other hand immediately placed on her forehead as well.

“Chingu, you’re burning. Do you have a fever?” he worriedly asks, Hyunhun getting worried as well.

Maybe this can be a good excuse for me to run. Yunhee thinks.

“Ahm, yes. I-I have a fever…so I need to go home now and rest. It’s nice meeting you Hyunhun-ssi, Sehun-ssi I’ll see you at the Chemistry class tomorrow” she says, standing up and immediately walking away out of the library.

For a moment Sehun was confused at her actions, but then something clicked inside his head and he made an amused face, catching his brother’s attention.

“Sehun, what’s wrong?”

Sehun shakes his head and mentally grins.

“Nothing hyung, just remembered something. Let’s go home?”

Park Yunhee, you are so cute and obvious. Be thankful that my hyung is a slowpoke most of the time.

 


“Oh. My. Gosh. Eeeeeeeeeepppppp!!!” Krystal and Sulli squeals, shaking Yunhee vigorously with too much excitement after hearing the news. They were currently eating lunch at the school field, under the tree—it had been their official eating and hang out place ever since they became friends since freshmen. And while at it, Yunhee decided to tell them what had happened to her 1 week ago from the library.

“Wow, finally. Park Yunhee’s existence is finally known to Oh Hyunhun” Baekhyun says, earning a playful glare from Yunhee herself.

“Whaaat? At least you’re one step away in snagging that hottie to be your boyfriend or something” he snorts, playing with his boyfriend’s iPhone.

“So how did you guys meet?” Chanyeol asks, getting interested as well, slinging an arm around Baekhyun who was now immersed in playing some game.

Krystal and Sulli looked at her expectantly and Yunhee smiles, heart flutt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter