Haemophobia

Facing Your Fears (Oneshot Collection)

It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” 

- Mandy HaleThe Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass

Haemophobia – Fear of blood

Moon Jongup | B.A.P

 

Note: Picture does not belong to me | Source

 

TS High School’s library had only a few students other than Jongup and his girlfriend, Kim Haeri. The library was like their special couple spot since none of their friends other than Youngjae ever came there. It was also the spot they had used to meet in secrecy when Haeri’s brother Himchan was still oblivious to the fact that the two were dating.

On that particular day, Jongup and Haeri were in the library to actually study rather than cuddle in privacy. They chose a secluded corner and busied themselves with their Korean Literature assignments.

Not half an hour into the work, Jongup was already bored. He found random things to amuse himself and finally settled on bugging his girlfriend.

“Haeri~” he called out.

Haeri’s eyebrows furrowed but she didn’t look up from her book.

“Jagiya~” Jongup tried again, lightly nudging Haeri’s side.

She squirmed slightly then glared at Jongup.

The boy smiled innocently causing Haeri to sigh. “What do you want Jongup?” she finally asked.

Jongup smiled at her again. But then again, he’d never stopped smiling in the first place. “I’m bored,” he admitted.

Haeri frowned. “But I’m doing my assignment and so should you,” she pointed to the books sprawled across his side of the table.

“But it’s boring,” he complained again.

Haeri looked at her boyfriend with bemused eyes. Sometimes he really reminded her of Himchan: they both hated studying and whined when they were forced to do so. But while her brother was a lazy, childish flirt, Jongup was sweet, sensitive and at times, very mature. Those were the reasons Haeri fell in love with him.

Sighing in defeat, she turned to her boyfriend. “Okay, what do you want to do?” she asked.

“You know what I want to do,” Jongup wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and leaned in towards Haeri for a kiss.

But his lips were met not by hers, but by her Korean Literature textbook.

“You are such a ,” Haeri muttered while Jongup pouted.

“I am not! If you want a , you should go to Yongguk hyung,” he retorted.

Haeri rolled her eyes and continued flipping through the pages of her book while Jongup tried to steal kisses from her.

“Ow –” Haeri suddenly drew her hand back and examined her index finger that was now oozing blood. “Paper cut,” she turned to inform Jongup.

Jongup eyed the thin line of red with a distressed expression. “B-Blood –” was all he managed to choke out before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed onto the table.

“J-Jongup! Jongup, wake up!” Haeri fretted over her unconscious boyfriend.

 

 

It wasn’t until later in the evening that Jongup regained consciousness. When he did, he realized three things: one, that he was no longer in the library. Two: his girlfriend was nowhere to be seen, and three, he’d made a complete fool of himself in front of her.

While he mentally berated himself for acting like a coward, the door to the room opened and Haeri peeked in. Her eyes lit up when she spotted Jongup and she rushed in, embracing him in a warm hug.

“Jongup! I was so worried, you just fainted on me like that!” she wailed.

Jongup smiled down at her, abashed and apologetic. “I’m sorry, it’s just that I can’t stand the sight of blood. Just seeing it makes me faint. Guess I should’ve told you about my fear, huh?” He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

Haeri smiled softly at him. “It’s okay, it’s not your fault,” she assured and gave him a soft peck on the cheek.

Jongup grinned widely before his eyes wandered around the room, “Where am I?”

“My room. After you fainted, I found Daehyun and together we hauled you to my house,” Haeri explained.

Jongup nodded in understanding before he got out of the bed. “I should get going now,” he spoke while heading towards the door.

Before he could even reach for the door knob though, the door swung open and Kim Himchan stood in the doorway, his white shirt smeared with what seemed to be blood.

Jongup’s eyes widened before they rolled back and he fainted for the second time that day. Haeri’s own eyes were wide as she rushed forward to catch the brunette before he’d hit the ground.

“Haeri, I spilt ketchup over my favorite shirt. Could you please wash it for me?” Himchan blinked at the two figures on the floor in confusion.

“Wait, what happened to Jongup?” he asked curiously.

“Oppa!” Haeri scowled in exasperation when Jongup refused to wake up, then turned her glare onto her brother.

Himchan shrank back, muttering ‘What did I do?’ while Haeri simply shook her head.

Her brother was an idiot and her boyfriend was a dork. It was a wonder how she survived with them…

 

Author's Note

Omg guys, I've been away from AFF for two weeks and when I come back it's only to see a whole new, different AFF. I'm not sure whether I like this version just yet... Anyway, here's a long overdue update. I hope you like the fluff in this Jongup oneshot. I actually liked writing it quite a bit.

Tomorrow is my first day of university and I am soooooo nervous. I want to make a good impression and make friends but I usually panic and overthink situations so I tend to remian silent and come off as shy -.-