Acrophobia

Facing Your Fears (Oneshot Collection)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

- Marianne Williamson

Acrophobia - Fear of heights

Lee Chunji

Note: Picture does not belong to me | Source

 

“Do I have to do this?” Chunji cast a nervous glance at his cameraman.

The PD beside him nodded. “Your wife’s waiting. You don’t want to disappoint her, do you?” He spoke.

Chunji snuck a peek at where his ‘wife’ was standing but from the height he was at, everything looked like tiny ants to him. He took a step back and gulped.

How had it come to this?

Chunji had been ecstatic when his manager had informed him that he had been cast on WGM.

He’d been delighted when his wife had turned out to be CUBE’s new soloist, Shin Minah.

He’d been excited that morning, when the PD had told them they’d be going to an amusement park.

But all his happiness had drained when his wife had asked him to bungee jump while saying her name, and the PD had approved it and made it one of their missions.

The instructor strapped Chunji in and began giving him instructions on how to maintain his posture and the things he shouldn’t do but Chunji’s mind was buzzing with worst case scenarios.

How could his wife ask him to do this?!

 

 

“Yeah! Chunji, you can do it!” Minah shouted cutely.

Many people shot the rookie singer looks and whispered amongst themselves but didn’t approach her as they saw that she was filming.

Minah had debuted recently but had gained a lot of fans for her straightforward and honest personality. In addition to that, she had a melodious voice and her songs were fresh and pleasant.

“Don’t you think you’re being a bit harsh on your husband? He’s afraid of heights so bungee jumping is a bit too much, isn’t it?” Her cameraman asked her.

Minah shot him a surprised look. “What? Chunji’s afraid of heights? But when I asked him what his worst fear was, he said he didn’t have any…” she blinked innocently.

The editor would probably add ‘Chunji, you liar. Trying to impress your wife…’ as screen-caps.

“Oh no, what should I do? Poor Chunji! I had no idea…” Minah fretted.

 

 

Chunji took deep breaths. He could do this. He was Lee Chanhee, Teen Top’s lead vocalist, the Power Voice and the Selca King,

“Okay, on the count of three,” The instructor informed and began his countdown.

“1...”

Chunji stepped towards the edge.

“2...”

He looked forward, refusing to acknowledge how far up he really was.

“3!”

The instructor blinked and watched Chunji cower while grabbing onto the railing.

“I can’t do it!” He yelped, on the verge of tears.

The door opened and Minah and her cameraman rushed in.

“Chunji!” Minah immediately dropped to her knees beside her husband. “I’m so sorry. I had no idea you were acrophobic.”

When Chunji continued keeping his eyes squeezed shut and his grip on the railing tightened, Minah pulled him into a hug and asked the instructor to un-strap him.

“What kind of Chunsa are you? Which angel is afraid of heights?”

Chunji whimpered but snuggled closer to her.

“My pabo nampyeon.” Minah smiled affectionately.

The PD and cameramen shared a look. This episode was going to be a hit.

Author's Note

Thanks to sandrajin4396 for the comment; it means a lot :)