Nosophobia

Facing Your Fears (Oneshot Collection)

Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nosophobia – Fear of contracting a disease

Shim Changmin | DBSK

 

Note: Picture does not belong to me | Source

 

“We need to go to the hospital right now!”

Go Yura blinked, completely lost for a second before answering her frantic boyfriend. “Changmin, calm down. What’s wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?”

Her boyfriend’s phone carried over the hand phone, not sounding any calmer. “I’m fine but we need to go to the nearest hospital and fast!” he insisted.

Yura didn’t understand her boyfriend sometimes but she’d learnt not to question him for in the end, he usually turned out to be right.

“Okay, I’ll meet you in the parking lot in ten minutes,” she answered before hanging up and proceeding to get dressed.

 

Ten minutes later, Yura found herself in Shim Changmin’s car, heading to their family doctor’s clinic.

“Now what’s this all about?” Yura asked curiously.

“The seasonal flu’s been going around.” That one sentence was apparently supposed to answer the multitude of questions Yura was tempted to shoot at her boyfriend.

“So? Wait, are you affected?” Yura’s hand flew to Changmin’s forehead to check his temperature but he seemed okay.

“No, I’m not and I wish to stay that way so we’re going to the hospital to get shots and meds,” Changmin elaborated.

“Huh?” Yura blinked in utter confusion. “Why do you need shots if you’re perfectly fine?” she asked.

Changmin answered while parking his car, “So that I won’t catch the flu.”

Yura sighed. She really didn’t understand him sometimes…

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Shim but I cannot prescribe medicine to a perfectly healthy man,” the doctor repeated for probably the fifth time.

Yura stood off to the side, covering her face and blushing in utter embarrassment as the doctor and his assistant dealt with her boyfriend’s demands.

“But the only way for me to not get affected by the flu is by taking the medication for it. You would have to give them to me when I get sick anyway so why not save the trouble and give it to me now?” Changmin spoke confidently, making Yura wonder just how many times he had actually done this.

“It doesn’t work that way,” the doctor explained patiently. “If I were to prescribe medication now, when your body doesn’t require them, it could cause adverse side effects and when you truly need those meds, your body wouldn’t respond efficiently.”

Yura subconsciously nodded along. What the doctor said made perfect sense. Now if only her boyfriend were to listen…

She watched with slight amusement as Changmin all but freaked out, demanding to be given the medicine and that he’d sue the hospital for mistreatment of its patients.

Finally having had enough, Yura grabbed Changmin by his arm and dragged him away, stopping only when they were in a secure elevator.

“Yura~,” Changmin whined out, pouting at her pitifully.

“Oh hush, what you did was just stupid” she reprimanded instead.

Changmin huffed but had no choice but to remain silent.

“I never knew you were nosophobic…” Yura muttered after a few seconds of silence.

Changmin narrowed is eyes onto her petite figure. “I’m not! I just don’t want to fall ill, especially since I have a weak immune system,” he protested.

“Nosophobic~” Yura teased as she got out of the elevator and into the passenger seat of Changmin’s car.

“Am not!” Changmin scowled childishly as he buckled in his seatbelt.

Yura simply giggled at his adorable personality.

 

A few minutes later…

 

“Changmin, my house was that way,” Yura pointed in the direction opposite to which the car was going.

“I know,” he simply replied.

“Then,” she paused. “Where are we going?”

“To Seoul City Hospital,” Changmin grinned.

Yura rolled her eyes and groaned.

Author's Note

An early update! I'm going to be travelling for the next two weeks and I'm not sure whether I'll have internet so I decided to put this chapter up in advance.

I remember watching an interview in which Changmin said that whenever one of the DBSK members is sick, he goes with them to the doctor and takes the pills that have been prescribed to the sick member, so that he won't fall sick either. So, I thought this phobia would suit him :)

Subscribe, comment and upvote :)