Hoplophobia

Facing Your Fears (Oneshot Collection)

Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.” 
― W. Clement Stone

Hoplophobia – Fear of weapons

Kim Hyunjoong | SS501

 

Note: Picture does not belong to me | Source

 

Being an assassin is difficult, but so is being an assassin’s girlfriend. You’d have to face various dangers, your life would be threatened and you’d have to deal with the moral guilt of loving a man that killed thousands of people every year for a living.

Choi Yujin had been Kim Hyunjoong’s girlfriend even before he’d become the famous assassin people knew him as today. She’d been by his side throughout high school and university. When his parents had died in a car crash, she was right there, supporting him and mending his broken heart and when her parents had eloped, leaving her with a huge debt, Hyunjoong had been there for her.

So when the two had run out of cash and the loan sharks came after them, Hyunjoong had no option but to defend himself and his girl. That night when he was only 22, he had shot his first victim. A bullet straight through the heart. An instant kill – something that soon became his trademark.

It had been five years since then and Hyunjoong’s sniper skills had only gotten better. Each target earned him around half a million or even more depending on the target’s status. Yujin didn’t like his job but she couldn’t really complain as it was the only thing that put a roof over their heads, and really, it was sort of her fault for getting Hyunjoong involved in her mess.

Hyunjoong had never blamed her though. His love for her had remained the same through thick and thin. He’d never let anything bad happen to her and had showered her with love all the time.

But Yujin wasn’t sure whether he’d be able to save her this time. 

She sat tied up to a wooden chair, rope firmly binding her wrists and ankles. was gagged with a red cloth and the black blindfold over her eyes had only been taken off a few minute ago. The room she was in was dark, the only source of light seeping in through a small window. The air was musty and thick, making it hard for Yujin to breathe.

Her captor had revealed his plan to her and it really wasn’t all too original: kidnap the assassin’s girlfriend and lure him into the trap by using her as bait. Despite how cliché it all was, it’d worked, for not an hour later, Kim Hyunjoong was in the room, a deathly glint in his eyes as he saw his girlfriend helplessly tied up.

“Release her,” Hyunjoong’s voice was cold and firm.

It was different from the usual sweet tone he’d use with her. The black gun attached at his hip and the rifle in his hand along with his deadly glare was enough to cause Yujin to quake in her boots.

The men however remained unaffected. “You want her? Hand over all the ammo you stole from the Gangnam warehouse,” one of them spoke out evenly.

Hyunjoong and the man traded words and insults before finally Yujin’s captor raised a gun and pushed it against her forehead. The cool metal caused a shiver to run down her spine.

Considering that she’d developed a fear of weapons ever since she’d watched her boyfriend in action, this really wasn’t helping her condition.

What happened next was too fast for Yujin to comprehend. All she knew was that a few minutes later, Hyunjoong had untied her bonds and pushed her towards the exit, taking on about five men by himself.

Yujin glanced at him worriedly as he knocked out four of the fighters and went into one-on-one combat with the last. Her eyes travelled to where one of the men lay, gripping his side where he’d been shot by Hyunjoong.

His hand stretched and he dragged himself to where what Yujin realized to be a glock 24 gun lay. Her eyes widened when she realized what the man was doing: he was trying to shoot Hyunjoong while he was distracted with other enemies.

“Hy-Hyunjoong oppa!” Yujin shrieked but her voice was lost in the chaos.

Yujin scrambled towards her boyfriend but tripped over something. Her hands reached under her body and found the gun she’d tripped over. It was probably dropped by one of the thugs while fighting.

Yujin’s hands trembled as she felt the cool metal against her skin. The memories of her sweet boyfriend shooting innocent people flashed through her mind and she almost dropped the weapon. But through her tears and panic, she spotted her love, collapsed on the ground after being overpowered by half a dozen men. The one with the gun was grinning at him, taunting and testing his temper.

This gave Yujin more courage. Hyunjoong had always protected her, always taken care of her and never complained once. It was about time she paid him back.

With trembling hands, she aimed the gun and squeezed her eyes shut after pulling the trigger. The sound of the bullet ricocheted off the walls and the force of it caused Yujin to fall back onto the ground. When she finally managed to look up, she spotted the man on the ground, the rest of his allies surrounding him.

Hyunjoong looked at Yujin with stunned eyes before rushing over to her and enveloping her in a soothing hug. Yujin let all her tears out, knowing that the man whose embrace she was wrapped in would never harm her.

“It’s going to be okay; I’ve got you. And,” Hyunjoong paused and kissed her temple before smiling at her. “I’m so proud of you.”

Yujin managed a weak smile before giving into her exhaustion. Being kidnapped, nearly killed and facing her worst phobia had taken a toll on her.

But when you’re an assassin’s girlfriend, these were just normal occurrences…

Author's Note

Thank you so much cheezeruleszolp for commenting and also, to those who subscribed :)

I've had a pretty bad day today, and I'm not very satisfied with this chapter but I hope it isn't too bad... It's the best I could come up with :/

Anyway, please subscribe, comment and lemme know what you think :)


Oh, and a quick note : For any Boyfriend fans out there, especially Kwangmin fans, please do check out my new story Flawed Perfection (here). Thank you.