1-365

Moonlight

“Thanks for letting me stay over” Hyejin said as she latch on her leather beg.

“Hey it’s no problem. You can stay here as long as you want. We have an extra room anyways”

Hyejin is at her best friend’s apartment after it all happened. She has no place to stay since she’s been living with Kai all these years. She didn’t want to go back to her parents. She didn’t want to concern them about her relationship.

“I didn’t want to stay at the dorms, it’s so stuffy and I hate sharing” Hyejin continues

Jihyun laughs.

Hyejin and Jihyun met in one of their classes in the university at the start of the year. Since then they’ve become really close friend. The two are always together around the campus. Jihyun is always there for her through her conflict with Kai. She landed her ears and shoulder for Hyejin when she needed someone to talk to or simply someone to catch her tears for her.

“Hyejin I really missed you. And I’m really glad that it’s over. I couldn’t take you being miserable all the time”

Hyejin stayed in her standing position her hand still holding onto the strap of her beg.

She still couldn’t take in the fact that she broke up with Kai. It feels as if it was just a dream. She really did it this time. She really broke up with the love of her life.

“I did, didn’t I? I finally left him.” Hyejin whisper as she stares onto the floor.

Somehow it feels weird, breaking up. Hyejin feels empty. Like someone has taken her whole life away from her. She feels lost and she doesn’t know where to go next. The view of the road to her next destination seems unclear.

“Jihyun… I don’t know if I made the right decision. I feel lost. what am I supposed to do now?”

Hyejin’s leg suddenly felt weak, her chest feels overwhelm and her knees wobbling.

Within second she fell on the floor hugging her knees rocking back and forth.

Drowning in her cries. Sobbing hard on the floor.

Jihyun who was getting some essential items for Hyejin came back to the living room to Hyejin crying on the floor. She run towards Hyejin and hug her tight.

“Hyejin this pain is temporary; you’ll grow out of it. Don’t worry.” Jihyun said as she Hyejin’s hair

“I will never get over him. Jihyun he’s everything to me.”

“Hey, remember what he did to you, all those time he went out getting drunk and end up sleeping with different girls almost every night. He doesn’t deserve you sweetheart. You deserve someone better. You made the right decision don’t you regret it.”

“I don’t want someone better. I want him, he’s perfect for me. He makes me happy no one else does.”

Jihyun let go of the hug and turn Hyejin to face her. Jihyun is furious that Hyejin is still taking on Kai’s good side after what he did to her.

“Are you aware of what you’re saying? Hyejin get a hold of yourself! He’s a ing bastard who sleeps around with other girls for fun. He is selfish and all he gave you was heartache. How can you still think of him as your lover? You’re better than this. Don’t let one boy take charge of your life, don’t let him overpower you. You’re not his. You belong to yourself, remember that.”

Hyejin sink in everything that has been said by Jihyun. She sits up straight staring at Jihyun in daze too baffle to say anything.

Taking in deep long breaths. Hyejin is too heartbroken to say or do anything.

Jihyun observe Hyejin’s expression and sigh.

“Look at you, so lost and so afraid that everything would go wrong.” Jihyun said tucking a string of Hyejin’s hair behind her ear.

“Jo Hyejin, you don’t have to worry about that. As long as I’m here I will help you throughout this pain you’re going through. And you will become better without him. You don’t need him.”

Hyejin leap and hug Jihyun as tight as she could.

“You’re always there for me Jihyun-ah. Thank you, thank you so much. I should’ve listened to you from the start, I’m sorry”

 


 

Kai was leaning against the concrete wall kicking stones away from him.

A light up cigarette on one hand, the other in his coat pocket. Replaying what had happened yesterday in his head over and over again.

He brings up his cigarette and places it between his lips inhaling the sweet taste of nicotine. Exhaling the smoke once he gets every taste of the cigarette.

The only thing that can calm down his nerve for now is a couple sticks of cigarettes and alcohol. Since it’s too early in the morning to get drunk, smoking is the answer.

Kai was about to take another stick of cigarette when D.O came and took it away from him.

“I think that’s enough for this morning” He said stuffing the stick nicotine inside his pocket

Kai glare at him and scoffed.

“That was my last, I’m gonna go and get another pack anyways”

“The breakup is not treating you well I see” D.O said making his way next to Kai.

Kai sigh loudly and ruffle his hair as he slumps down against the wall.

“Hyung, I’m a mess”

D.O slumps down next to Kai and messes up Kai’s hair more.

“We all go through Kai. It’s what you learn from it that matters. I know you’re a mess look at you; Smoking all the time, skipping class, going out to clubs getting drunk every night. Kai it’s your life you take control of it, me and the boys we’re just here to remind you on what’s important. Jongin ah we all care about you, and we’re always here for you whatever it is, you can come to us me especially”

Kai stare into space nothing coming into his mind. What D.O said was true but he couldn’t sink in everything his mind only thinking about Hyejin. His heart aches for her.

“I lost her, Hyejin is gone”

D.O sighs and pick up a stone that was in his view.

“I know you love her but nothing last forever.”

Kai shakes his head and look down on the ground.

He needed something to ease this pain he’s feeling. He needs her back. He just couldn’t stand the pain.

He got up and started to walk the other way when D.O throws a stone at him.

“Yah! Where are you going?” D.O asks as he shuffles back on his feet.

“Going to get something that can calm me down.”

“Jongin-ah, don’t do anything stupid. For the sake of your hyungs, please save us from a heart attack”

D.O said as he motion his hands towards his chest.

Kai laughs, and wave goodbye to D.O.

“Btw Hyung, you know where to find me tonight”

D.O shakes his head in disapproval and whisper to himself

“Not again”

 


Hey Guys! Been bummed out about the baekhyun issue so here's a crappy chapter. I'll make it up, Promise.

BTW,

Next chapter is a letter I wrote to baekhyun about my feelings, just a heads up not a real chapter. I just need to let out my feelings. It's been two days, won't stop crying. Cried too much :'( I think I'm getting myself into a depression...