[Mark] The Dance

۰•●The Archive: Completed OneShots & Drabbles Feat. GOT7●•۰
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Dance ft. Mark & You

You took a seat at the lunch table for another self-conscious and lonely lunch.  Your few friends were all absent today and it left you alone for the day.  You hate sitting alone at lunch.  It made you feel like everyone’s eyes is on you and that they were feeling sorry for you. 

It might not be true but that’s how it feels to you to be sitting alone in this big ole table by yourself, especially when all the other tables were filled up.  You debated if you should even eat your lunch at all or just dump it all away and leave but you didn’t like wasting food so you sighed and took a bite of your pizza.

“May I sit here?”  You looked up at the familiar low voice and your breath hitched. 

It was Mark.

Mark Yi-En Tuan. 

The boy that you’ve had a crushed on since like, forever. 

You stared up at him, stuck, as you usually are whenever he’s nearby.  At this point, all you were hoping for is that my mouth was not hanging open and that you weren’t drooling. 

He arched a brow up at you and you gave him a nod as you forced yourself not to stare at him.  It was a difficult thing to do since that’s all you wanted to do. 

Your heart was beating crazily and you became way too aware of just how un-cute you were dressed today.  You wished that you had put on some kind of makeup this morning or even fix up your hair a bit more.  You couldn’t help wondering if he noticed all the imperfections in your face and you became too self-conscious of his presence. 

Mark. 

He was sitting across from you.  Out of this huge cafeteria and in this huge table, he chose to sit right across from you.  It made you a little excited and a whole lot nervous at the same time.  You’ve only day dreamed of something like this happening for years and here he was.    

“It’s Jusine right?”  He asked in that low voice of his and a little bit of your inside melted as it usually does when you hear his deep voice. 

It was especially y today since he was saying your name.  It was a first.  You’re convinced that your name has never sounded so good as it did when he said it. 

“Justine Wang?”  He asked again because you were just staring at him, blinking rapidly without saying a word.

“Y-yes,” you said quietly. 

“I’m Mark,” he said.

“I-I know who you are,” you said as you looked down at your food.  Still not quite believing that Mark was sitting here with you and talking to you, and he knows your name. 

After a few minutes of painfully awkward silence you looked up at him and was surprised to find that he looked just as awkward as you felt. 

“Do-,” he began to say then stopped and took a drink of his bottle of water.  “Have you heard about the dance?”  He asked and you gave him a confused nod. 

Everyone has heard about the dance.  There were flyers posted everywhere around school. 

“Did-,” he began to say once more but stopped as he took another swig of his drink.  “Did you have any plans for that night?”  He asked after a few more minutes of awkward silence. 

You weren’t sure why he was asking you such a question but you figure that he was trying to make polite conversation since it wasn’t as if he was trying to ask you to the dance.  Everyone knew in school that he was going to the dance with Krystal, the most popular girl in school.  Krystal has been talking about it nonstop since the announcement that there will be a dance. 

Although they’ve never gone out,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter