I

Indigence

 

4:27pm
I looked at the clock hanging on the wall.
3 more minutes and my shift is over.

"Hi my name is Park Jinyoung, but you can call me Jr."
I introduced myself to my new co-worker who's gonna replace my shift.
"My name is Youngjae. Nice to meet you." He said
"Nice to meet you too." 
I removed my apron as the clock hits 4:30 and gave it to Youngjae.
"Please do well!" I flashed him a smile and rushed out the restaurant.
"I will!" he shouted

7 tiring hours is finally over. I get to rest for the next hour and go to my next job.
My back hurts, i burn my finger and i cut my arm. I'm feeling lucky everyday.

I decided to head first to the meadow before going home.

 

I like meadows. It somehow gives me energy when im tired. I can feel it pulling back my soul inside my body.

So i took a step toward the grass and it was only me, the grass and my shoes.

I lay down on the grass and stared at my overly abused shoes as I lift them high in the sky.
I sighed. I put my feet down and sat up.

"School's gonna start tomorrow, you'll have to bear it a little bit more." I said to my shoes, scrubbing the dirt away.

Rich people must be super lucky. 
They get all of the things they like and then there's me working my off and can't even buy a new pair of shoes.

I stand up. "Am i a bad person in my past life and this is my punishment?"

I clenched my fists. "Did i do something wrong for my life to be like this?!"
A tear fell down my face and quickly wiped it.

Our house isn't that far so i ran. I wanted to be home quickly.

Thug.

I bumped into someone.

"Hey watch where you're going you fool!" He shouted at me.
There are things scattered everywhere on the road.
"I'm so sorry. I didn-"

He kicked me in my stomach. I fell on the ground, clutching my stomach.

"Pick all my things up!" He demanded as he kick me once again.
"Ye-yes." I said.

I tried to get up and pick up his stuff

"Can't you go any faster?!" He nudged me.

I didn't say anything and tried to pick up everything despite the pain.

Once i finished picking it all up. He grabbed it from me.
Instead of walking away and leaving me alone, he kicked me again in my stomach and punched me in my face.
I started coughing blood and then he ran away.
My body can't take it anymore.
I passed out on the ground not knowing what will happen to me.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I thought i already posted Chap 1 lol. Im sorry. 
If i'll see someone like Jinyoung lying down on the ground, unconsciously, i won't even hesitate to take him home. lol
School starts tomorrow omfg.