please stay with me

S ( T ) A Y

                                                          


Will you stay by my side?
Secretly, in between the gaps of passions


The  wind  blew  right  to  her  face  ,  making  her  bangs  flew  before  they  returned  back  to  the  original  position  .  Hana  stared  at  her  left  and  right  before  she  slowly  made  her  way  to  cross  the  road  .  She  could  saw  her  shoes’ prints  on  the  snow  as  she  walked on  them  .

She  stared  at  the  house  infront  of  her  for  a  while  before  letting  out  a  soft  sigh   and  quickly  made  her  way  to  the  door  ,  touched  the  knob  and  twisted  it  slowly  and  opened  the  door  .  She  was  welcomed  with  the  same  sight .

“  I’m  home  “  she  said  cheerfully  .

There  was  a  silence  before  her  heart  started  to  ache  and  she  could  felt  her  legs  were  getting  weaker  and  she  fell  on  the  floor  .  Tears  were  streaming  down  on  her  cheeks  .

There  was   no  one  there  like  she  expected  them  to  be  for  the  past  six  months  .

And  Hana  felt  she  was  going  crazy  .


Peace is never in sight
in the face of tragedy


.  .  .

Luhan  swore  that  it  was  one  of  his  worst  days  in  his  life .

He woke  up  late  ,  he  slipped  at  the  bathroom  and  landed  on  the  floor  with  a   loud  thud  ,  he  found  out  his  motorcycle  was  apparently  out  of  fuel   and  he  had  to  walk  despite  the  snow  on  the  road  to  the  nearest  bus  stop  .

When  he  arrived  ,  he  found  a  girl  stood  there   while  looked  at  her  right  and  her  watch  .  His  footsteps  must  be  loud  when  he  saw  the  girl  quickly  turned  around  and  that  was  when  Luhan  felt  he  could  not  breath  .

Her  dull  eyes  bore  into  his  deer-like  eyes  and  her  lips  was  in  a  thin  line  as  if  she  was  trying  to  hold  herself  from  trembling  and   mumbling  some  incohorent  words .

He  watched  as  she  quickly  left  the  bus  stop  and  straightly  made  her  way  to  the  road  .  not  noticing  a  car  was  a  few  metres  away  from  her  . 

“  Hey !  Watch  out ! “

Luhan  threw  his  bag  to  the  side  and  ran  to  the  road  and  grabbed  her  to  his  embrace   as  they  fell  near  the  bus  stop  but  away  from  the  road  .  He  flinched  a  bit  as  the  snow  touched  his  face  and  still  embraced  the  girl  against  his  body  . 

He  felt  the  girl  was  trying to  free  herself  from  his  embrace  but  eventually  gave  up  as  Luhan  tightly  embraced  her  .

The  next  thing  Luhan  knew  was  she  was  clutching  on  his  shirt  and  tears  were  rolling  down  onto  her  cheeks   .


You're holding it in but
don't grow so cold, okay?

Because words will someday
change into the truth


. . .

 

“  Are  you  okay  ?  I’m  Luhan  ,  by  the  way  .  “

Hana  looked  up  from  her  hands  to  the  young  man  infront  of  her  as  he  put  a  cup  of  hot  cappucino  towards  her  .  He  smiled  lightly  as  he  took  a  sip  from  his  drink  ,  which  Hana  guessed  is  an  Iced  Americano  and  she  frowned  slightly  .

“  I’m  Hana  ,  “  she  said  softly  and  paused  for  a  while  before  she   continued  .

“  It  is  snowing  outside  and  you  have  the  urge  to  drink  something  cold  ?  “ 

They  made  an  eye  contact  for  a  few  seconds  before  he  let  out  a  soft  chuckle  .

“  Well  .  I  want  to  .  Hey  ,  you  don’t  answer  my  question  just  now  “

Hana  wanted  to say  that  she  was  not  okay  but  after  realizing  that  he  was  a  stranger  ,  she  put  a  small  smile  to  reassure  him  and  nodded  her  head  .

“  I’m  okay  .  Thank  you  for  ..  just  now  but  I  kind  of  wish  you  did  not  save  me  .  “

Hana  stared  at  the  snow  outside  the  cafe  they  were  in  and  gripped  the  leather  chair  tightly  as  she  held  in  her  tears  .

Luhan  looked  at  where  Hana  put  her  eyes  on  and  he  frowned  .

It  was  two  girls  played  snow  as  they  ran  around  and  laughed  happily  .

He  turned  her  attention  back  to  Hana  and  her  words  were  replaying  on  his  mind  over  and  over  again  .  He  saw  Hana  slowly   rubbed  the  palm  of  her  hands  against  each  other  and  blew  on  them  for  a  few  times  .  He  watched  as  she  turned  around  and  slowly  took  the  cup  near  to  her  mouth  and  took  a  few  sips  .

“  There’s  a  reason  why  you  ,  me  and  everyone  in  this  world  is  still  alive  until  now  .  I  don’t  know  what   you’ve  been  going  through  all  these  years  but  I  just  want  to  tell  you  that  there’s  someone  out  there  who  will  learn  to  love  you  and  your  flaws  ,  your  insecurities  ,  who  will  be  there  by  your  side  when  you  sad  ,  who  will  catch  you  when  you’re  about  to  fall  ,  who  will  listen  to  your  stories  and  who  will  always  tell  you  that  he  loves  you  .  “

Hana  stared  at  Luhan  and  put  the  cup  back  to  its  original  position  .  The  last  few  words  hit  her  straight  into  her  heart  and  echoing  on  her  mind  .   She  shook  her  head  and  quickly  got  up  from  the  chair  and  straightly  went  out  from  the  cafe  ,  completely  ignored  Luhan  who  was  shouting  her  name  for  a  few  times  .

Apparently  ,  Luhan  was  a  bit  faster  to  be  able  to  catch  her  and  he  grabbed  her  left  arm  to  make  her  face  him  .  Hana  was  suprised  and  she  quickly  looked  at  Luhan  ,  ready  to  give  him  an  irritated  face  but  stopped  as  she  saw  his  lips  was  paler  and  his  eyebrows  scrunched  down  like  he  was  in  pain  .  He  grippped  onto  her  hands  as  he  leaned  downwards  to  her  right  ear  .

“  Please  stay  with  me  “  he  whispered  and  Luhan  felt  his  body  was  getting  weaker  and  he  closed  his  eyes  and  fall  in  Hana’s  lap  as  he  let  the  darkness  took  over  him  .


If I could say,
"I miss you"
would I end up in pain again?
My tears are already overflowing...

my love


. . .

 

Spring  ,  summer  and  auntumn  had  passed  .

“  It’s  been  a  year  ,  “  Hana  mumbled  as  she  made  her  way  to  the  bus  stop  .  The  images  of  Luhan  came  back  into  her  mind  and  she  could  hear  the  last  words  he  told  her  as  the  image  of  Luhan  fainted  on  her  was  there  also  on  her  mind  .

She  remembered  sending  Luhan  to  the  nearest  hospital  and  quickly  left  after  he  was  being  checked  up  by  the  doctor  .  She  was  a  nobody  to  Luhan  and  also  she  was  scared  if  his  parents  come  and  call  her  bad  names   .  She  admitted  she  was  being  pessimestic  ,  prejudice  but  she  could  not  help  it  .

Hana  continued  to  stare  at  the  sky  and  watched  as  the  snow  slowly  fall  to  the  ground  .  Once  again  ,  her  mind  was  filled  in  by  Luhan  and  his  last  words  towards  her  .  Why  would  he  wanted  her  to  stay  with  him ?  Did  Luhan  happen  to  know  her  before  ?  Did  Luhan  was  there  during  her  childhood  days  ?

Her  thought  quickly  vanished  in  the  thin  air  as  she  heard  the  loud  engine  of  the  bus  infront  of  her  .  Hana  slowly  made  her  way  inside  the  bus  and  she  stopped  at  the  middle  when  she  heard  her  name  was  called  for  a  few  times  .

“  It  was  probably  just  my  imagination  ,  “  she  thought  to  herself  before  making  her  way  inside  the  bus  and  took  a  seat  at  the  right  of  fourth  row  and  put  herself  near  the  window  .  She  left  the  next  to  her  seat  empty  and  moved  her  attention  back  to  the  snow  outside  .

“  I  told  you  to  stay  with  me  .  “ 

She  jumped  lightly  from  her  seat   as  she  heard  the  familiar  voice  on  her  right  ear  and  turned  to  her  right  only  to  see  the  person  who  she  had  been  thinking  for  the  past  twleve  months  was  looking  at  her  with  a  small  grin  on  his  lips  although  they  looked  a  bit  pale  ,  quite  different  from  the  first  time  they  met  .

There  was  a  moment  of  silence  before  Luhan  chuckled  a  bit  ,  breaking  the  silence  .

“  Do  you  even  remember  me  ?  “

“  My  name  ?  “

“   The  first  time  we  met  ?

“  The  words  -  ,  “ 

Hana  cut  him  off  as  she  looked  at  him  with  a  small  smile  on  her  face  .

“  Your  name  is  Luhan  .  We  met  at  that  bus  stop  .  You  saved  me  from  being  hit  by  a  car  .  You  took  me  to  a  cafe  and  I  drank  a  cup  of  hot  cappucino  and  you  drank  a  glass of  an  iced  americano  ,  “  her  voice  slowly  went  quiter  at  the  last  sentence  .

“  You  walked  out  from  the  cafe  .  I  was  shouting  your  name  and  running  after  you  .  I  grabbed  your  arm  and  told  you  to  stay  with  me  ,  “  Luhan  continued  after  her  and  they  both  looked  each  other  before  they  bursted  into  a  small  laughter  .


Every time we pass by one another,
you become more precious to me

Please Stay With Me


.  .  .

 

As  time  passed  ,  they  learned  about  each  other  more  but  Hana  still  did  not  plan  to  tell  Luhan  about  herself  .  She  was  scared  and  she  did  think  about  telling  him  but  often  ended  up  thinking  the  conseuquences  rather  than  thinking  how  would  she  feel  if  she  had  told  him  .

“  My  parents  and  I  were  not  close  .  I  often  being  compared  to  my  older  sister  ,  Ara .  Ara  was  pretty  ,  smart  ,  sweet  and  kind  .  I  was  the  opposite  .  I  tried  to  get  closer  to  them  but  they  favored  my  sister  more and  I  gave  up  of  trying  anything  at  the  age  of  11  .  I  was  kind  of  invisible  .  There  would  be  always  a  birthday  party  for  Ara  and  none  for  me  . 

My  sister  knew  it  but  she  never  tried  to  help  me  .  She  talked  to  me  but  only  when  mom  and  dad  was  not  there  .  And  I  just  saw  her  as  a  hypocrite  .  People  always  talked  how  kind  she  was  and  how  she  have  a  big  heart  but  why  didn’t  she  help  me  ?  Why  she  did  the  opposite  ?  “  she  said  and  she  could  heard  that  her  voice  was  wavering  .

It  was  a  summer’s  night  and  both  of  them  lay  next  to  each  other  on  the  field  ,  feeling  the  smooth  and  short  grass  against  them  as  they  stared  at  the  dark  sky  .   Hana  decided  to  talk  about  her  past  to  Luhan  although  there  was  a  little  bit  of  doubt  towards  her  decision  but  just  continued  as  she  stared  at  the  stars  on  the  sky  .

“  I  left  the  house  to  a  boardng  school  in  the  States  when  I was  15  and  I  was  glad  that  my  dad  did  not  question  about  it  but  different  from  any  other  person  ,  I  did  not  being  send  away  by  my  family  .  They  were  not  there  to  bid  me  a  farewell  .  It  was  just  me  . 

Hana  tried  to  hold  back  herself  from  crying  as  she  took  a deep  breath  and  continued ,

“  The  day  I  graduate  ,  I  received  a  news  from  my  homeroom  teacher  that  my  family  was  involved  in  a  car  accident  and  I  quickly  bought  a  plane  ticket  to  go  back  to  my  hometown  .  As  soon  as  I  got  to  the  hospital  ,  I  was  being  told  that  they  already  gone  and  I  did  not  how  to  feel  about  it  .  They  never  loved  me  but  I  found  myself  crying  over  them  ,  wishing  them  for  come  back   .  It  hurts  ,  “  her  voice  was  getting  lower  and  she  barely  whispered  the  last  two  words  . 

She  found  herself  in  Luhan’s  embrace  once  again  and  she  once  again  cried  as  she  clutched  Luhan’s  jacket  . 

Luhan’s  ‘  It’s  okay  ‘  calmed  her  for  a  while  and  with a  puffy  eyes  ,  she  stared  at  Luhan  and   there  was  something  familiar  with  him  that  she  could  not  pinpoint  what  was  it  .  Everytime  she  was  with  Luhan  or   when  the  first  she  met  him  ,  she  often  felt  like  he  knew  her  before  and  that  he  could  read  her  like  an  open  book  .

“  Hey  .  It’s  a  shooting  star !  Let’s  make  a  wish  .  “

Luhan  quickly  turned  to  the  sky  and  Hana  followed  after  him  .  She  closed  her  eyes  and  softly  sighed  and  the  words  she  whispered  was  floating  up  into  the  night  sky  .

The  image  of  Luhan  came  onto  her  mind  and  she  whispered  once  again    .

  ‘  Please  stay  with  me  .  ‘

She  opened  her  eyes  only  to  find  Luhan  was  still  closing  his  eyes  and  she  smiled  .


I want to know you more
I want to hear your voice

I want to cry
I'm so confused
I'm so weak, aren't I?


.  .  .

Hana’s  curiousity  of  Luhan  was  always  there  .

It  was  not  like  she  did  not  believe  him  but  there  were  something  that  Luhan  hide  from  her  and  she  did  not  know  what  was  it  .  Whenever  she  asked  him   to  go  out  for  a  walk  ,  he  would  be  hesitated  at  first  before  finally  agreed  .  And  when  they  would  be  in  public  ,  people  always  looked  at  them  ,  more  likely  at  her  weirdly  .  Like  she  was  out  of  her  mind  .

It  was  during  Auntumn   when  one  day  ,  Hana  decided  to  go  to  the  hospital  she  left  Luhan  after  he  fainted  on  her  .  She  had  a  hard  time  searching  for  the  doctor  who  treated  Luhan  that  day  .  She  faintly  remembered  his  name  and  only  knew  his  surname  ,  which  is  Dr  .  Kim  .

Luck  was  on  her  side  and  the  nurse  knew  who  she  talked  about  .  The  nurse  showed  her  the  way  to  the  doctor’s  room   and  Hana  thanked  her  before  went  inside  .

“  Do  you  know  Luhan  ?  I  was  the  one  who  sent  him  here  on  23  December  2011 .  “

She  did  not  expect  the  doctor  to  be  surprised  at  her  question  and  she  tried  to  refain  herself  from  asking so  many  questions  .  She  was  indeed  sure   Luhan  was  hiding  something  and  her  only  answer  was  with  the  male  doctor  infront  of  her  .

“  Yes  .  I  know  him  .  He  was  my  patient  until  last  year  ,  “  the  doctor  answered  her  calmly  .

Last  year  ?  Hana  looked  at  the  doctor  questioningly  .

“  What  was  his  illness  and  why  he  stopped  being  your  patient  ?  “

Dr  .  Kim  was  giving  her  a  small  smile  and  he  took  a  deep  breath  .  His  answer  was  not  what  Hana  expected  them  to  be  . 

“  He  was  suffering  from  leukemia  since  he  was  15  and  he  died  on  25  December  2012  .  “

Hana  quickly  excused  herself  from  the  room  and  quickly  ran  to  outside  .  The  rain  was  pouring  down  heavily  and  she  did  not  bother  to  cover  herself  up  from  the  rain  .

Who  was  she  speaking  with  all  the  time  ?

Who  was  she  spending  time  with  ?

Luhan  seemed  familiar  and   Hana  wished  she  could  remember  but  she  could  not  .  Her  eyes  caught  up  at  the  two  kids  at  the  main  entrance  of  the  kindergarten  across  the  hospital  .  They  were  playing  under  the  rain  ,  not  caring  if  their  uniforms  were  drenched  in  wet  .  The  girl  was  laughing  as  the  boy  was  running  after  her  and  they  ran  around  a  circle  .

Hana  dropped  to  the  cold  and  hard  ground  .

Her  bangs  were  covering  her  eyes  but  she  saw  something  happened  infront  of  her  .  The  image  of  herself  as  a  kid  was  playing  with  someone  under  the  rain  .  The  image  of  the  boy  was  a  bit  blurry  but  she  saw  herself  fell  and  that  was  when  she  finally  saw  the  boy’s  face  .


I can't hear your pride or your talents
This can't just end as a dream

One thing
Two things
Explain them all to me


. . .

 

Luhan  was  watching  the  televison  when  he  heard  the  door  was  harshly  opened  and  he  looked  at  the  door  only  to  see  Hana  was  standing  there  .  Her  clothes  were  wet  and  he  found  her  was  looking  at  him  with  a  cold  stare  .  He  quickly  stood  up  and  went  to  get  the  blanket  next  to  him  and  quickly  wrapped  them  around  her  body  .

“  Luhan  ,  I  want  to  ask  you  something  .  “

Luhan  looked  at  her  and  as  always  ,  put  a  smile  on  his  face  .  She  was  shaking  and  her  teeth  was  chattering  softly  as  she  looked  up  from  the  ground  to  look  at  him  .

“  You’re  not  real  ,  right  ?  “

Luhan  was  taken  back  by  her  question  .  Before  he  could  reply  ,  another  question  popped  out  from  her  mouth  .

“  Why  don’t  you  tell  me  ?  Why  don’t  you  tell  me  that  we  were  once  childhood  friends  ,  we  met  back  again  at  the  States  and  that  you  were  sick  .  My  mind  was  not  at  the  right  state  when  I  returned  here  because  all  I  can  think  of  was  my  family  ,  “  her  voice  came  out  hoarse  and  the  rain  outside  was  still pouring  heavily  . 

Luhan  smiled  bitterly  as  the  memories  were  playing  back  on  his  mind  .

 “  I  was  planning  to  tell  you  but  I  often  found  myself  to  not  to  tell  you  .  You  seemed  scared  of  this  world  and  I thought  I  want  to  teach  you  to  be  independent  before  I  go  again  ,  “  he  said  and  his  own  voice  was  quivering  as  he  stared  at  the  night  sky  .  He  wondered  when  the  rain  had  stopped  .

“  You  will  go  ?  I  thought  you  told  me  to  stay  with  you  and  I  did  and  still  am  right  now  .  “

Luhan  could  saw  tears  were  formed  on  her  eyes  and  he  looked  away  ,  trying  to  restrain  himself  to  do  the  same  .

“  I’ll  be  gone  by  midnight  .  “

And  he  left  her  alone  at  the  living  room  and  quickly  made  his  way  to  his  room  .

He  did  not  realise  he  was  crying  when  his  tears  fell  on  the  palm  of  his  hands  .

His  head  was  hurting  ,  his  eyes   were  blurry  and  his  heart   was  aching  .   The  image  of  five  years  old  Hana  was  on  his  mind  and  he  could  heard  her  child-like  voice  when  she  called  him  ,  ‘  Hannie  ‘  .  The  image  of  fifteen  years  old  Hana  replaced  the  other  and  he  saw her  and  himself  were  dancing  at  the  empty  hall of  the  school  after  everyone  went  to  their  dorms  .

The  image  of  a  twenty  years  old  Hana  ,  who looked  broken  and  cold  came  to  his  mind  and  he  silently  cried  his  heart  out  .

Hana  and  himself  deserved  to  have  a  happy  ever  after  but  how  can  he  accomplished  that  when  he  ,  himself  could  not  even  made  a  happy  ending  for  both  of  them  .

 

“  Do  you  remember  that  time  when  the  teacher  asked  us  to  go  out  from  the  class  and  stand  outside  but  we  ended  up  escaping  to  the  library  ?  “

Luhan  smiled  as  he  remembered  the  memory  that  Hana  had  said  .  They  talked  a  lot  that  day at  the  class  and  the  teacher  told  them  to  stand  outside  .  It  started  when  Hana  told  him  she  was  bored  and  Luhan  came  up  with  the  idea  of  escaping  the  class  and  went  to  the  library  instead  .

Luhan  nodded  his  head  at  Hana’s  question  and  he  heard  a  small  laugh  from  her .

“  We  even  had  to  stay  back  for  another  hour  after  school  had  ended  bcause  we  escaped  from  our  punishement  to  go  to  library , “   Hana  said  as  she  was   staring  at  Luhan  with  a  small  smile  on  her  face .

Luhan  slowly  took  her  hand  and  Hana  gripped  on  his  hand  tightly  as  she  choked  out  a  sob .

“ Don’t cry . You know I hate to see anyone’s crying , right ? “

There  was  a  silence  in  there  and  Hana  kept  her  head  down  ,  her  bangs  were  covering  her  eyes  and  she  kept  her  mouth  shut  .  She  could  not  stop  the  tears  that   threaten  to  fall  from  her  eyes  and  quickly  rolled  onto  both  of  her  cheeks .

They  were  both  at  the  balcony   of  their  apartment   ,  holding  hands  as  they  sat  at  the  couch  and  looking  at  the  night  sky  .

There  were  no  stars  and  moon  was  nowhere  to  be  seen .

It  was  only  the  black  sky  and   Hana  thought   that  it  was  the  most  coldest  night  she  was  ever  felt

It  was  11.50 p.m  when  Hana  felt  Luhan’s  grip   on  her  hand  started  to  become  weaker  than  before

She  stared   at  Luhan  and  their  eyes  met   fa while before Luhan started to feel his body became lighter . His legs were slowly  dissapearing  and  Hana  widened  her  eyes  as  she  quickly  grabbed  onto  his  hand  tightly .

“  Don’t  leave  Hana  alone  ,  Lulu !   Please  stay  with  Hana  “

Luhan  stared  at  Hana  as  he  mouthed  that  one  word  that  was  enough  to  make  his  heart  broke .

Hana  shook  her  head  rapidly  as  Luhan’s  hand  slowly  dissapeared .

“  Hana  loves  Lulu  oppa !  Please  stay  !  “ 

And  when  Hana  looked  up  from  her  hand  ,  Luhan  was  nowhere  to  be  found .

He  was  gone .

 


 

Just by wishing that
I could see you
My tears are already
overflowing this much

my love

My sigh escapes,
floating up into the night sky

Please Stay With Me


A fail angst ;_; I'm sorry for dissapointing you but really I'm not good at words ><  And when I read this story , it was weird lol but this is my experiment so I'm hoping to improve in the future ! This is supposed to be a chaptered fic but idk lol and I was supposed to write a new chapter of Luyoon fic but I'm sorry ! ;_; oh yeah , I bet everyone know this song hoho ! If you guys don't mind , I want to do a self-promote lol . Follow me at twitter ( faraniaa_ ) , IG ( friniaa ) and LINE ( galaxies_ )

If you add me in LINE , I'll add you to exo's group chats ! ( we're cray cray exo fans loljk ) I'll follow back , mention me is appreciated ! ^^

Goodbye and have a nice day ! Comments are loved ! ^^

farania is signing out !