Love Quadrangle, Pentagle, Whatever!

Love Quadrangle, Pentagle, Whatever!

Kwangmin likes Minwoo, who likes Youngmin, who likes Donghyun, who likes Kwangmin.  Those 4 members are busy with their own love quadrangle so it only makes sense that Hyunseong and Jeongmin were always left alone together.

But actually, it should have been a love pentagle because Hyunseong likes Kwangmin too.  It's just that he's shy and never told anybody about it. Besides, he was pretty sure that it's not him that Kwangmin likes so he told himself to just stay away from the love quadrangle.

He wondered if Jeongmin liked anybody in the group, but he's too shy to ask about it and even if he does gain the courage to ask, he's afraid that Jeongmin might throw the question back at him and he really doesn't want to tell anybody that he likes Kwangmin.

It's Jeongmin who those 4 members try to ask for advice or ideas on what they should do, because Jeongmin is a good friend and knew a lot about the members.  It's Hyunseong who those 4 members who would talk to when they currently feel down and discouraged because their love one wasn't noticing them.

When Kwangmin talks to him, Hyunseong wants so much to hug and kiss the boy.  He had been tempted to confess several times, but he decided to give Kwangmin the same treatment as his twin and the others, because he doesn't want to make the love qudrangle into a pentagle - doesn't want to make it messier and more confusing than it already is.

"We should make Minwoo like Kwangmin back and Donghyun like Youngmin back or we could make Kwangmin like Donghyun and Youngmin like Minwoo. Hm, which pairing would you prefer?"  It was Jeongmin's idea.

Of course, Hyunseong wanted it to be him and Kwangmin.  Not that he would ever say it out loud.  Hyunseong frowned.  "I don't think it's right for us to play cupid."

"Aren't you tired of this, Hyunseong? They are just going around in circles... or quadrangles, whatever!"  Jeongmin gave out a frustrated sigh and plopped down the couch.  "I gave out a lot of courtship ideas. I could probably write a book out of it that could turn out to be a best seller!!!"

Hyunseong laughed.  "I don't think it'll be a best seller, because if your courtship ideas really worked, at least one couple should have been formed already."

"True,"  Jeongmin chuckled.  "But you gotta admit, my ideas are good.  It's just that those people are too blind to see that there's somebody else who loves them."

"Yeah but if it were you, you'd probably have no problem getting somebody to like you back, huh?"  Hyunseong was only met with silence. "Um... Jeongmin?"

"I really am not the right person that should be giving advice,"  Jeongmin gave out a sigh.

"Jeongmin, do you like someone?"  Hyunseong hadn't meant to ask, but his curiosity got a hold over him, and it looks like now was the best time to ask.

"I'm not sure." 

For the first time, Hyunseong saw an unsure look on Jeongmin's features.  Jeongmin had always looked confident when he gave advices and ideas, sure that it would work this time around or if not, it'll work next time.

"Not sure? I don't think there is such a thing as not sure.  You're probably just in denial,"  Hyunseong pointed out.

"Well, I think it's better to be in denial than falling too deep..." The unsure look was gone and replaced with a calm exterior. "What about you? You like Kwangmin right?"

"Huh?!?! I-- uh... how'd you...?!?!" Hyunseong was blabbering and stuttering, confused and blushing.  He was expecting Jeongmin to laugh at him.

But Jeongmin didn't.  Instead, there was a look of understanding in his eyes as if he knew what Hyunseong was going through.

"Do you like Kwangmin too?" Hyunseong managed to talk properly this time.

"No."

Hyunseong felt weird to not be able to see Jeongmin's eye smile or mouth smile, the usual cheerfulness, the fun and energetic atmosphere that was already surrounding him.  It would have been less weird if Jeongmin showed something sad or other negative feelings but the Jeongmin right in front of him right now, was really guarded.  Calm and expressionless.

The weird atmosphere was interrupted by Donghyun who told them to get ready because they need to leave for their next schedule in a few minutes.  Jeongmin's eye smile was back in place as he replied to Donghyun that he and Hyunseong will be ready by the time they need to leave.

"Do you like Donghyun?"  Hyunseong asked when Donghyun left.

"Not a chance."

Since then Hyunseong had been observing Jeongmin more carefully, watching him as he interact with the other members but Jeongmin was really friendly and gives them all the same treatment, a light hold on the wrist, a half hug on the waist, a casual arm around the shoulders.

"Hyung, do you like Jeongmin?"

Hyunseong was surprised to hear that question and of all people, it was Kwangmin who asked.  "No,"  It's you that I like but of course, he doesn't confess as usual.  "Why do you ask?"

"It's just that you've been staring at him a lot these past days."

"Oh."  If Kwangmin really was a keen observer, Hyunseong wondered if Kwangmin knew about his feelings or Donghyun's feelings.  "I'm just observing Jeongmin.  Looking for clues to see who he likes."

Kwangmin laughed.  Hyunseong was just plain confuse because there was nothing funny with what he just said.  "It's you, hyung."

"Huh?"

"Jeongmin likes you, Hyunseong."  Kwangmin said loud and clear.

So the next time Jeongmin and Hyunseong were left alone together, Hyunseong felt awkward.  He tries to distance himself at least an arm length from Jeongmin.  He became clumsier than usual.  He gave out short replies, which abruptly end whatever conversation Jeongmin had started.

"Okay.  What the heck is wrong with you? You're acting weird." Jeongmin asked, fed up with Hyunseong's weird attitude.

"Um... uh..." Hyunseong was still contemplating if he should tell the truth or just lie.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time,"  Jeongmin suddenly apologized.  "I'm sure you would have prefered Kwangmin's company, or at least use the time to make plans to win Kwangmin over."

Then Hyunseong started to think about all the times he and Jeongmin were left alone together.  To be honest, he really did like being with Jeongmin.  Those moments made him forget about his stupid feelings for Kwangmin.  "I'd rather stay here with you."

Jeongmin was surprised to hear this but he had a feeling he knew why Hyunseong chose to stay here with him instead.  "You really don't have any plans on confessing to Kwangmin, do you?"

"No,"  Hyunseong replied with a sad tone.  "We both know who he likes and besides, there's also Donghyun.  I don't think I stand a chance."  Then he replaced his sad tone to a curious one.  "What about you?  Don't you have any plans on confessing?"

Hearing that questiong and looking at Hyunseong, Jeongmin could tell that Hyunseong now knew who he liked.  "We both know who he likes.  Do you think I stand a chance?"

Hyunseong closed his eyes, took a deep breath as his thoughts ran a thousand miles an hour and strangely, his heartbeat was getting excited. He opened his eyes feeling very sure of his answer.  "Yeah."

"You're not saying that out of pity, are you?"  Jeongmin asked suspiciously.

"No, definitely not.  I've been thinking about it since I found out that you.... uh..."

"That I like you." Jeongmin provided the words, since Hyunseong seem to be having trouble saying it.

"Right... since I knew about that, I've been thinking and... well... there are a lot of things I like about Kwangmin but there isn't anything not to like about you."  Hyunseong blushed, looking to the sideways to avoid Jeongmin's stare.

"Well, I guess that's a start." Jeongmin walked towards Hyunseong.  His fingers lightly caressing Hyunseong's face before placing a kiss on the blushing cheek.

Hyunseong thought he might have found happiness being outside the love quadrangle, as he laced his fingers with Jeongmin's and received another kiss, this time on the lips.

Then Hyunseong knew he found happiness being outside the love quadrangle.

THE END

A/N:  It should be pentagon but I liked pentagle better because it rhymes with quandrangle XD Besides, pentagle does exist in the dictionary. This is NOT my Boyfriend OTP pairing but i have the ability to write any pairing anyway and I feel like this plot is more suitable for this pairing so there!!! Comments please?  My first Boyfriend fic <3