Back in the past

360 Degrees Back To You

Back in the past

He waved enthusiastically at the 2 females standing a few metres away from him. One is fair with wavy dyed brown hair, the other is an exotic looking female with an olive complexion and thick dark locks of hair. One is his neighbour and best friend, the other is his classmate.  And he himself, he is a tall strong male with piercing eyes like a dragon.

Both of the 2 fine ladies are people he is extremely close to. “Oh, Tao is here! Hello Tao! How is your day?” His best friend, his neighbour, Sung Haneul asked him; the owner of the exotic looks. “Oh hey Zitao, what’s up?” fair, clear complexion, long dyed-brown hair, doll like features. Yes, that’s his classmate, Yoon Eunmi, the white rose of the school.

“Hello Haneul, Eunmi. I’m good, how about you-“ the shrilling of the bell cut his sentence, signalling that it is 5 minutes to the start of school. “Oh, that’s the bell, well, I guess I’ll see you guys during lunch and free period then. See ya later alligators!” Haneul then ran towards her classroom block. Haneul isn’t in their year despite being the same age as the two; Tao and Eunmi.

She is a prodigy in her previous school with almost perfect scores for her examinations, and being a transferee, it is mandatory for the students to take the entry exam to see if they are applicable for the level. Well, she obviously passed the test with excellent scores which wowed the teachers; therefore they decided to put her in year 8 instead of year 7.

“Well, we should get going too…” Eunmi told her classmate. But Tao just kept staring at back of his best friend as she ran pass every other student who gave her weird looks and suggestive whistles. He clenched his fists, he really wish he could just go over to those players and teach them a lesson. Yet, he couldn’t. He has an image to keep up. He held this burning feeling inside his heart. “Tao?” Eunmi only noticed that Tao isn’t walking with her after a while of silence.

She looked back to see him staring at Haneul as she made her way to her class. She felt her heart break a little at that sight. Tears started to form from the corner of her eyes and it slowly made its ways down to her round cheeks and dripped off from her chin. She didn’t want to let him see her like this; immediately, she took out her pink strawberry hankerchief and wiped her eyes dry. She then coughed and this time, with a stronger voice she caught Tao’s attention.  “Tao, we are going to be late for class if you don’t hurry.” She ends that off with a flirty wink and quickly made her way to class, leaving him behind, dumbfounded.

It took him a while to sink in the fact that he is late for class, well, that was before the second bell rang. He was alarmed by the loud painful shrill of the bell and started sprinting for class, as for the other students, they are all just strolling up slowly. He reached class just on time and took his seat next to Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun.

 These two students are like his third most important people in his life. First is his family, next is his best friend and third is where they fall in, his band buddies. The 3 of them, along with some other seniors are part of this group called ‘Boy’s Heaven’. A group of 7 members; Ray Adams, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun, Huang Zitao, Jayden Sams, Yang Yiyan and Kris Wu. They aren’t really popular but they do their best in every covers and music videos they make.

Kim jongin is the dancing machine in the group, he is known for his chocolate skin and the y expressions he make in the videos. But he is more of a puppy if they know him well. Oh Sehun, like Jongin, is also a dancer. He is more known for his lisp of not being able to pronounce ‘s’ well and his everchanging hair colour. Currently, it is black but before that it was brown.

The third bell rang and thus announcing those who aren’t in class by that time as late. The class was a little crazy and high because of the jokes and their friends. But all this foolishness stopped immediately as the classroom door slammed open. The homeroom teacher walked in, ‘click cluck click cluck’ her shoes went.

Ms Park Rihyun, their homeroom teacher; she has the ability to induce fear into her students just by staring at their shoes and just being there. She has that ability to make the class temperature drop from room temperature to -100 degrees Celsius. Her straight black hair, coal black eye and thin lips; what’s worse is that her eye shape just amplify the fierce look, completing her entire cold teacher image. She lives up to her name; the fear factor of the school.

 She whipped out the attendance book and started to call out their names to see if they are present.  One by one, once their names are called, they raised their still-quivering hands and yelled with a shaky voice “present!” and soon in due time, attendance is taken and lessons began. ‘Oh joy, math class…’ Tao grimaced.

Seated at the back of the class is Yoon Eunmi. She kept staring at Tao who was seated way at the front. She has always been looking at Tao, ever since year 5. She has a major crush on him when she was just a mere 9-year-old. It just increased after he helped her during physical education class when she fell down and fractured her knee. He was the first one who came to her rescue even though they weren’t in the same class.

And this feeling of crush just evolved to love. And she waited so long to just make him like her back. But no, his heart did not waver. Thus, she is going to do something that might break her or make her. As soon as the lunch bell rang, she ran out of the classroom. Eunmi’s heart is beating so quickly that she felt that anytime now, she will just burse. She waited outside the classroom door like always, and waited for Tao to come out.

Tao came out puzzled, he saw Eunmi leaning against the wall, blushing rose-red. He raised an eyebrow in a questionable manner. “Yah, Eunmi, what’s wrong with you?” he asked the said female. “T-Ta-Ta-Tao, ever since the day my eyes fell upon you, I love you. It has always been like that since year 5. Since that day you nursed me back to health when I fractured my knee, this feeling only amplified. So Tao-oppa, will you please go out with me?” she ended her confession with a 90 degree bow. There was audience of course, they all stopped and stare at the girl.

Tao, not knowing what else to say, he said what his mind told him to. “Okay, Eunmi. I will go out with you.” Eunmi immediately jumped up and hugged Tao who hugged back awkwardly. Cheers filled the hallway and people came up to congratulate them. Eunmi is so happy, Tao is unsure and another is left heartbroken. For Tao; losing his mind means following his heart, following his mind means losing his heart. He lost his heart that very day.

Haneul is standing among the crowd just now, wanting to find her friends for lunch outside of school when she came across this scene of Eunmi confessing to Tao. She felt her heart tore into pieces when Tao replied her with a yes. Unlike Eunmi, she suffered a lot more as his neighbour, especially when she saw the girls he brought to his house and they each proclaimed themselves as his girlfriend. She witnessed them doing all the other public display of affection. And yet, after all that, she grew to love him.

Because she is a nice friend, because they are her best friends, she gave them their space and the privacy they need. The usual lunch together becomes a couple lunch. Outings together always ends up her being the third wheel. She spent most of her time alone in the library studying.

 And the couple, being so immersed in their little world, they forgot such a good friend they had. And every single night, Haneul cries herself to sleep. There is no more Tao to comfort her, no more best friends and no more trust.

Eunmi, for once she is happy. She finally got rid of that ‘ugly leech’ from Tao. She herself now owns Tao alone.

And Tao, he is still lost in his mind. His heart is stolen by this girl who is nowhere to be seen. ‘Where is she?’ he always thought…

As for Haneul, she transferred away to another school, moved away from that neighbourhood. She did all this to guarantee their happiness; all thanks to Yoon Eunmi’s convincing.

***

Hello readers! I hope you guys like chapter 1 of this fic. :) Please don't be a silent reader, I need comments to improve too. :3 Thanks!