I

Rain of Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a windy damp night. The leaves were rustling outside. The air was making high-pitched noises, trying to pass the narrow openings of the window. The branches swayed side by side as if the air was their rhythm. The people outside were either bickering about the weather or on their way in their respective homes.

It will rain soon.

You picked up your phone, tried to fiddle with it until the battery indicator turned red.

You were waiting for a call.

You were waiting for a text.

You were waiting for something from him.

You had to.

You took a deep breath and curled yourself in the corner of your bed, peeking through the window dreamily, and wondering where did Sehun go tonight.

Just a text. Just a goddamn text, I'll be alright.

It will rain soon.

After a few minutes, your phone beeped. You got it from your side and stared at the sender's name. Your brother's name.

"Got ya 2 boxes of pizza. See ya"

This made you smile for a moment, knowing that Luhan is going home this night. Most of the times he sleeps at the office, or he attends sleepovers, like what he had said before. This has made you more concerned for your brother. Is he eating healthy dinner? Is he hanging out with a nice set of friends? Does his work cause him to consume too much of his time that he barely goes home every night?

At least, somehow it made you forget your anxiety over Sehun. Because of the excitement, and practically because your battery's draining soon, you didn't reply.

The raindrops fell across the window pane, producing a tumult of people and raindrops' noise. You surreptitiously hoped that one of those noises was Sehun's voice.

Sehun's voice calling for you. That voice so melodic in your ears whenever he utters your name. Whenever he utters any word, his voice has a strange kind of magic to make anything sound so pleasant. Oh Sehun had been living a well-off life. His parents were successful engineers.

Everything about Oh Sehun ha been magic to you for the last 12 years. You spent 6 years of childhood with him and spent 6 years of adolescence with him.

For the past 12 years, you have been admiring him ever since. He was the perfect man in your eyes since then.

 "Sehun," you grinned at him, handing him a heart origami that took an 8-year-old you 5 hours to perfect.

"What's that?" He said nonchalantly.

"My heart, I'm giving it to you." Your grin widened up to your ears.

 Sehun looked at it with no interest then shook his head rapidly. "Dont waste your time doing crazy stuff for me. Give it to the big-eared Chanyeol, he'll love that because he likes you."

"But I thought you give your heart to someone you like, not for someone who likes you." You demanded.

"I think it's a good manner if you give him something in exchange of his efforts." He pouted.

You felt your face red.

"Luhan oppa!" You started to cry out for your brother to rescue you.

Luhan left his playmates and ran towards you like a big brother would to his little sister. "What's up?"

You sneered at Sehun. "Sehun won't accept my heart!"

Luhan eyed Sehun, who is uncomfortably shifting standing positions. He had been always like that, he acted constantly weird or awkward around your brother.

"Sehun, please accept it." Luhan said gently. Sehun shook his head, looking at Luhan's perplexing eyes. "I think it's good to take something in exchange of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter