01

Bloodshed
I stared through the half-curtained window that displayed the bustling world outside. It was rainy and damp due to the hurricane that passed over, the clouds were venting their troubles through tears. They were obviously experiencing vexation, evidence would be the multiple rumblings before a flashes of light was being whipped out across the dull sky. They're down in the dumps just like I was. I personally was not this type of person, glaring at the pedestrians below as I silently sobbed to myself. Typically, I spared little time for my own emotions, I was a go-with-the-flow gal. But this, all these tears being shed over the death of an innocent citizen who I knew nothing of, was anything but myself. Have I changed? Softened Even. 
"Hey," he spoke gently as he neared the bed. "You alright?" I shook my head, there was nothing I could've said that would convince him. Could I even speak with a clogged throat? 
He rubbed the small of my back to comfort me. It took in affect a few minutes later, the receptiveness calming my raging feelings. When his grip hardened around my waist was when I turned to confront him for the first time today. 
"That hurts, Joongki-"  Blackness devoured his irises, leaving me speechless. The demon that possessed so many people including myself, took the life of the single person I cared for. His mouth twitched while the face of the man I loved so tenderly contorted into a monster. It was now or never to save my Joongki. 
I sprinted for the night table where my daggers were located but that wouldn't ward off a spirit that was already killed. I reached for the next closest item; pure salt. The lid was already unscrewed which saved me a few seconds that I used to grab a handful and chuck it at the deformed figure. It was snarling incoherent words, long trails of saliva dripping to the carpet. I knew that the grain wouldn't kill the demon but maybe it will frighten it to the point it would flee. But the thing was, it didn't do as expected; as required for me. 
"Joongki!" I beckoned for him. He was still thriving in that body but buried beneath the evil. "Come to my voice!" 
"Mirae.." There was a slight transformation between his and the creature's facial features, not the average person would have caught such a swift action. That was probably the last bit of him that my mind could absorb. 
"Give it a rest," the hunched, demented monster bellowed. "You really think you could just kill me with a salt shaker?" An immense amount of force pinned me against the wall. The night table's corners dug deeply into my calves. The being crawled up to examine me clearly, clutching onto my jaw to turn my face to either profile a few times. It released a low, satisfied growl, I was his wanted victim. 
"Joongki, I know you're in there!" 
"Why are you afraid?" 
"You're a demon, why would I be?" I said curt, bitterly sarcastic words that could've led me to my demise right then and there. I couldn't help but spit in it's face from the disgust that I received from it's stench and appearance. 
"Mirae!" Joonki screamed. "It's your imagination, it's controlling how your life is! Think of me next to you-" 
At that moment, the creature vanished within thin air, returning my knight and shining armor kneeling by my side of the bed. His expression didn't suit him well; a mixture of horror and agony. I threw my arms around his neck to bring his true self closer to me. He was real. 
"I'm sorry... I can't control it sometimes," I cracked a pained grin. 
"You just scared me, I thought you got hurt." 
He pressed his delicate lips to mine. His porcelain skin replaced the bed sheets my hands were previously clutching onto. His warmth settled the fear that rattled my bones to their whites. Joongki deepened the kiss, to show his affection and to ensure me yet again that I was protected under his line of sight. He nuzzled his nose into the skin above my profound collarbone. It was one of his many ways to solace me. 
"You're safe with me," he hushed my falling tears. How he heard them still remained a mystery to me. Maybe he just knew me that well