Two

My teacher, my husband

"Alright guys, let's begin class with 10 laps around the football field. Start!"

You groaned and glared at your physical education teacher. How much I would love to take his eyeballs out and- "Ms Choi, aren't you running? Since you started late, an extra lap for you!"

Oh, you swear you saw your husband smirk in satisfaction. He knew how much you hated gym class.

You began running and by the time you finished, you realized everyone else had left to the indoor gymnasium. "Come on Yejin! We're playing dodgeball today!" Your other coach, Ms Lim, waved you over.

You trudged into the indoor gymnasium and sat by the benches as you watched the first group play. After what seemed like forever, the second batch was called out, including yourself. You stood at the back of the court, trying to camouflage as best as possible. Nonetheless, luck wasn't on your side as your lovely coach called you out.

"Ms Choi, please step forward! You position is centre."

Is it possible to hate your teacher/husband so much?

You dragged your feet to the front and made sure not to glare daggers at Mr Jung. You faced forward and involuntarily groaned at the sight in front of you; there she was, the one and only Tia, known as the goddess of the school, who apparently is the reason everyone avoided you. Despite being two years older, she never failed to diss on how you were poor, had no parents, and stupid. 

She smirked as she saw your face. "Ah, idiot's here." She said, loud enough for you to hear. The rest of the students giggled but was hushed by Ms Lim.

You gave up on being affected when you become the only adult amongst the immature teenagers. Rather than being affected, a small smirk grew on your face. That's right, isn't she the one who has a little crush on our Mr Jung? 

Clearing his throat, Mr Jung threw the volleyball towards Tia and blew the whistle. Everyone knew how much you hated sports. The students tend to think that you're not capable of playing, rather than just not bothering to play. It didn't matter to you, in fact, it actually served as an advantage to you at times.

Times like right now.

The ball flew back and forth repeatedly until you noticed Tia jumping upwards to deliver a smash. It was obviously directed towards your direction. Rather than avoiding it, you made sure to stand in place and braced yourself for the hit. Oh, this is gonna hurt.

"Yejin, watch out!"

A voice called out before a ball hit the side of your face. You stumbled backwards from the force and collapsed to the floor as laughter roared from the other students, particularly from Tia.

As if the heavens heard your prayers, Ms Lim came running over. "Honey, are you okay? Oh no, it's going to bruise! Let's get you to the nurse's room! Can you stand- oh!"

You pretended to stumble as she made you stand and clutched your head. It did hurt for real, though. Before you could kiss the ground again, a hand wrapped firmly around your waist.

"It's okay Ms Lim, I'll take her. Please take care of the rest of the class." Taekwoon bowed and diverted his attention to you. You squeezed your eyes shut from the pain and stumbled towards him. He smoothly grabbed your legs and carried you out of the gym. Cracking one eye open, you saw Tia fuming with jealousy as she watched the both of you. You triumpthly smiled in the crook of Taekwoon's neck and unknowingly wrapped your arms tighter around his neck.

Taekwoon stiffened. Sure, he had done this to several students before, including yourself. However, his heart didn't beat at this pace back then. He had always seen you as his student, and now you're his wife.

Starting something with a student was prohibited according to the school laws and he'll be expelled if ever caught. But then again, you weren't just a student were you?

"Yejin, you can let go now." You didn't realize that you had kept your hands around this whole time. You were just glad that Tia got what she deserved and was too busy focusing on your headache rather than the man you had your arms around.

You quickly let go and wriggled out from his arms. You looked up at him, "T-thank you, sonsaengnim." Your headache was long gone now.

You walked past Taekwoon into the school clinic but he stopped you. "How old are you, 12?"

You looked at him, "Ne?" 

"You purposely didn't avoid the ball to get back at Tia, did you not?"

Your eyes rounded in suprise before it narrowed into slits.  "N-no, I didn't see the ball coming!"

He shook his head and spoke up again, "I'll pretend to buy that for your pride's sake. Now go get yourself checked just in case. It was a hard hit."

Quickly turning your back to him, you opened the door to the room. "Also, don't go to work today. Halmoni wants to see us."

You halted in your steps and looked past your shoulders. "Ne, sonsaengnim."

 


After school ended, you called in sick at your work place.

You didn't want to risk getting caught from getting into a car with Mr Jung so you took a cab instead. There, he was waiting by his car. You paid the driver and walked over, "Let's go in."

Just as you entered the house, excited voices of children filled your ears. You looked at the dining area and noticed that the kids were stuffing their faces with their dinner. You smiled before nudging Mr Jung, who also had his attention on the children, a smile on his face. "Lets greet halmoni first."

He rarely smiles, whatnot laughs, but every time he's in the presence of children, he instantly changes into a different person. You had to wait for him to come over to halmoni's study for a good 5 minutes before knocking on the door.

You went in with a bright smile, expecting halmoni to greet you with her toothy smile but instead she stood there, arms crossed over her chest as she glared at you.

Your smile slowly faltered and you slowly hid behind Taekwoon's back. You sort of knew what was going to happen. She continued to glare at you, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing this?" She held up the envelope you had left a few days ago on her table. The envelope was open and your monthly paycheck tilted over.

You kept your mouth shut until Taekwoon moved aside and allowed halmoni to face you. That traitor.

You smiled sheepishly at halmoni and opened your mouth to come up with some excuse when she looked at Taekwoon. "Did you know that she was still working at that place?"

He looked at you and you quickly shook your head so he could cover for you. "Ne, I've told her to stop multiple times but she still doesn't listen to me." Of course.

After getting nagged at and hit on the head a couple of times, she excused you and asked for Taekwoon to stay. You didn't think much of it and made your way to the kids. They instantly ran over when they noticed you and was greeted you with kisses. As you stood up laughing, you bowed towards Jungah, a caretaker halmoni had hired a few months back. She bowed back with not much interest when she suddenly she stood up straight with a shy smile on her face. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Taekwoon was now standing behind you.

He too, was tackled onto the floor as he laughed with the kids. Seeing him like this, it made your heart involuntarily race and you quickly looked away.

"Yejin-ah."

You turned to look at him and he diverted his eyes towards you from the kids momentarily. "Cancel all your plans for this weekend."

"What, why?"

Halmoni appeared behind you and clapped her hands cheerfully, "Because we'll be going on your honeymoon!"

 

 

(A/N:)

Don't you just love halmoni?