Incomplete Equation

Eyes Nose Lips

Forking branches overshadow you, blanketing you from the harsh rays of the sun – they'll protect your pale bloodless skin. Placed on a lush green hill, the best view of town at your no longer mobile fingertips – they'd have made you happy. Fellow perpendiculat stones surround you in every direction, there whenever you’re down and lonely – there to keep you occupied.

 

You’ve moved on for something better. And I'd be okay, I'd be happy, I'd approve with any new start you would have made, but not like this. If I could see you from afar...or by coincidence...but I can't see you no matter how much I yearn; you only come to sight within the memories that linger in my mind.

 

Your eyes, nose, lips

Your touch that used to touch me,

To the ends of your fingertips

I can still feel them.

 

What made you go? The protection, the happiness, the reassurance; didn’t I offer enough? Maybe if I had loved you more than I already had, maybe if I had done more for you, then maybe you would have stayed.

 

But you never loved me as much I loved you for you to do that.

 

Or at least, with those pretty lips and black orbs, you could have looked at me one last time and smiled at me like nothing was wrong. For moments like these when I miss you, I could have drawn your face, and not feel so alone...

But at least now, I’m not the only one alone.

 

Or instead, with the same pretty red lips, you could have killed me with that one word, 'goodbye', and left me with warning.

 

But I’d have never let you.

 

Was it them? Those with extravagant flowers held in their hands, possessing more money than they did love?  Those fitted in their little black dresses and their best black suits, caring more about their visuals than the occasion it was for? Those with thick tears plastered on their cheeks, only to showcase the skills only actors possess?  Was it them, who hurt you enough to make you like this?

 

Only I cared for you, but you never understood.

 

  

Your black eyes that only saw me,

Your nose that held the sweetest breath,

Your lips that whispered the words, ‘I love you, I love you.’

Where have they gone?

 

If I had known, you would have still been here.

 

You, burnt and destroyed into ashes.

I, left with the remnants of our love that burnt out like a flame.

 

It burns. How could you have tried to leave me when I only tried to protect you?

When what I offered you was better than the fake love and the money?

But despite it all, I’ve given you your wish,

because I love you.

 

Although it hurts, I like a fool can’t forget you when you’ve already gone.

 

The selfishness that won't let her go, 

The selfishness that turned into an obsession that imprisoned her. 

It kept her safe.

Please, don't be sorry, it makes me pitiful than I already am. I hope you have the peace you didn't get from this world.

Don’t be sorry, she wanted to leave,
don’t be sorry, she got what she wanted.

Just in a better way.

 

Lost in thought and yearning, the unwanted recall of that night takes over my mind once again.

I come back home, feeling particularly high spirited. I spent the day with her in mind, purchasing everything that reminded me of her. Bags of gifts at hand, I enter a home with a rather cold atmosphere. It was dark, the floors were scattered with pieces of broken fragments, and it puzzled me.  Where was the bubbly girl I loved? Where was the fairytale like vibe this house possessed? Cautiously, I creep to the bedroom, calling her name - to get no response. In worry, my steps become heavier yet faster, when a trail of a thick crmson catches my eye. Freezing in my tracks, wide eyes following the trail, I prayed it wasn’t what I feared. But there the answer was, and my prayers unheard. A pool of blood, her blood, and a blade at hand.

 

I shake away the thought, staring down at your grave. But no matter how much I thought about it, a step in the equation was excluded. I contemplated on pushing away the other thoughts that knocked on door of my brain, but one in particular was more determined than the rest. My eyes closed, allowing the distorted vision access.

 

A familiar looking man. A black hood covering his face. She against the wall near the front door, quivering and begging. An instrument of death in his gloved grip. An aggressive murmur of words. A lunge. A blackout.

 

My eyes shot open, staring down at the trembling hands that lay upon your grave. They flickered with stains of blood, but within a blink they disappear. Shaking the vision out in confusion, I chant to myself that you left at your own will, that there was no evidence for murder. And once again, I shatter in exhaustion from all the thought, waiting for my mad twin appear in my dreams, alongside you.


Not a piece of work I'm entirely proud of, a little (-cough- a lottle) messed up, but I've always wanted to try the whole split personality thing. Just never had a song I could do so with, and now that I found one....DAMN IT WAS HARD. /melts/
Maaaaaaybe it's not for me? - goes to research-
Feedback? Critisism is more than welcome -bows-