i

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'

The doors to The Shack- dubbed the “it hangout by the beach” by teens - swung open and Kris, dressed in his biker glory, took a step inside. All eyes were on him as he passed by various tables to get to his usual spot- the booth right by the jukebox. The girls were captivated by his bad boy charms, complete with the blonde slicked back hair, the aviators, plain white t-shirt, studded leather jacket and dark washed skinny jeans, while the other guys just rolled their eyes. Kris played with his pendant hanging loosely around his neck as he advanced to the jukebox, smirking at all the attention he was receiving.

 

He was early, he noted, as he approached the empty booth by the jukebox.

 

Kris sighed and leaned against the side of the music player, with his arms and legs crossed. The aviators he was wearing started to slide down the bridge of his nose, revealing his dark brown eyes that would cause a girl to faint with just one tiny glance shot their way. His eyes quickly scanned the entire hangout in attempt to look for his group of friends, growing impatient by the minute. And that was when he spotted her- a girl with sun-kissed skin sitting alone at the counter, sipping on her vanilla milkshake. He watched her as she played with the strands of her long black hair that fell out of her loose ponytail.

 

Her bright laughter filled his ears and he swore he heard the bells ringing in his head. He couldn’t help but stare as she talked animatedly to the waitress behind the counter, all the while smoothing out the wrinkles of her light swim cover-up.

 

“Yah.” A hand slapped the biker’s shoulder, snapping the popular male out of his trance. Kris turned to see Tao, an equally tall male with piercing eyes, bearing a huge grin on his face. “Who you lookin’ at?” Kris didn’t answer and looked straight in the girl's direction.

 

“Well, ain’t she the looker?” Tao whistled out loud, gaining him an elbow to the stomach.

 

“Who’s a looker?” another voice inquired. Both greasers turned to see the honey-blond baby faced brains of their group- Lu Han was his name. The boy raised an eyebrow at the tallest of the group, while slipping off his leather jacket and throwing it over his shoulder.

 

Tao took the liberty in answering, seeing as how Kris was too busy staring at the girl who caught his eye. “That dolly over there, sittin’ on the stools,” the black haired male answered, pulling out a comb from his back pocket. “The one with the milkshake.” He began to comb through his gelled back hair, which really was no use since it was set into place.

 

Luhan squinted his eyes while trying to find said girl. When he spotted the girl sitting at the bar, he let out a chuckle. “Better off lettin’ this one go, Kris.”

 

That caught Kris’s attention. “Oh?”

 

“That doll over there? That’s Kim Minyoung."

 

The name sounded familiar to him but he couldn't figure out why. He simple cocked an eyebrow at his friend as a signal to keep talking.

 

Kim Minyoung? Min, Kai’s little sis,” Luhan explained. That made sense.

 

Kai, nicknamed the tanned god of surfing, was Kris’ number one rival in claiming The Shack as their hangout, and well, everything else. “You’re just cruisin’ for a bruisin’ if you go for that babe,” the biker with doe eyes continued to say.

 

“Ain’t that a bite?” Tao muttered under his breath.

 

"Oh really?" Kris stole another glance at her and smirked. “Well, I’m always up for a challenge.” He took a deep breath before pushing himself off the jukebox.

 

Oblivious to what was about to happen, Min continued to sip on her vanilla milkshake when a shadow fell upon her. She stole a side-glance only to see the one guy her older brother, Kai, hated with a passion. She felt herself flush with color but quickly shook that feeling away when he smirked at her, remembering that her brother deliberately told her to stay away from Kris.

 

She once admitted that the blond was quite the looker but that was before she found out about the feud between him and her surfer of a brother. Now, he’s just another biker…who happens to be the stud she could only daydream about.

 

"Hey," the greaser called, pushing his aviators down to reveal those piercing brown eyes that the girls in town seemed to fawn over.

 

"Flake off biker before my brother gets here," Min scoffed, trying to hide her embarassment from being too close to him. She flipping her ponytail over her shoulder, the long strands of hair smacking his face in the process. She heard chuckles coming from the side and saw that Kris’ two sidekicks were having a laugh at their friend’s failed attempt of picking up a girl.

 

The blond played it off with a laugh and took off his sunglasses, cocking an eyebrow up in amusement. “Cool it, doll. I just wanted to talk.”

 

"Well, you’re not exactly the cat’s meow. So get lost," she retorted before going back to her milkshake.

 

Stop lying to yourself, Min; he’s the hottest thing you’ve ever laid eyes on.

 

Another sputter of laughter came from his friends and the biker growled, frustrated with the female surfer's stubbornness. Min inwardly smirked, proud that her hardheaded attitude was baffling him to some extent.

 

Her brother had taught her well.

 

"Ah, now don’t be a drip. I just wanted to talk." The next thing she knew, her delicious milkshake was taken away from her and the greaser was taking a sip of her precious drink. She stammered, “W-what the hell is wrong with you?! You can’t just steal a sip out of someone’s drink."

 

He chuckled, “Why sure I can. I just did that to you didn’t I?”

 

She rolled her brown eyes before turning her chair around to face him. “What do you want, Kris?”

 

"Ah, so the babe does know my name," he leaned in close in response, winking. Min noticed him look her up and down and she huffed.

 

"You done drawin’ designs or what? I got waves to catch." Min began to get up and grab her beachbag when he lightly pushed her tiny body back down onto bar stool.

 

"I just wanted to get to know you," he chuckled.

 

She pushed his hands away, ignoring the slight spark she felt. “Climb it, Tarzan,” she replied.

 

"Or what?" Kris tested.

 

"Or you have to deal with me, dip stick," another voice boomed from behind her and she sighed in relief. Kai, clad in his white polo and red board shorts, appeared at his little sister's side. Min's brother placed a protective hand on her shoulder. “What are you doing at The Shack, biker?" her brother spat. “This place belongs to the us."

 

Kris glared back, “Stop joking, kid. The Shack belongs to the bikers.”

 

Min looked back and forth between her brother and his eternal rival. She stared at Kris longer than necessary, noticing that he had a faded scar on his cheek. She wanted to reach out and touch it but Min slowly caught herself before doing so. What is wrong with me?

 

Seeing as the glaring was not ending anytime soon, the girl took it as her duty to end their short contest. She shoved the chests of both males, noting that Kris had a nice firm chest in the back of her mind, before picking up her bag and nudging Kai towards the side exit of The Shack.

 

“C’mon, Kai. Let’s split.”

 

Kai smiled down at her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, and shot another glare at Kris as he led his sibling towards the door. Min turned back to see the biker still staring at her. When she made eye contact, he sent her a greasy wink and she huffed, neglecting her increasing heart rate.

Kris watched as Min made her way out of The Shack, with her long black hair swinging side to side. His two companions slid up to him as he watched her go.

"What did I tell ya?" Kris heard Luhan say from behind him. He could practically feel the boy smirking. 

"Shut ya trap, Lu."

"Well, whatcha gonna do, Kris?" Tao questioned, nudging his leader's side.

"She's interestin'...wouldn't mind keepin' her around for a while," the biker replied, thinking of how pretty she looked with her flushed cheeks. "Plus, it'll keep surfer boy on his toes."

Kris slipped his sunglasses back on before walking towards the entrance of The Shack. He approached his bike that was parked in front of the establishment and leaned on it's side. He spotted Min further down the beach front, preparing herself to catch a wave. 

Well, this is gonna be fun."