1

Can I have your husband, please?

During his childhood, Kim Kibum dreamt of getting married to the love of his life and having kids with his dream girl. He wanted a family like the one his parents had built, a happy and caring one, full of love and laughs, even if they were kind of wealthy. At that time, he had lots of fun imagining how his future wife would look like. He wanted her with long and beautiful hair, just like the one a classmate of his had: thick and shining. Kibum wanted his dream girl to be with a strong mind so she would easily deal with his bad temperament. To summarise, he knew exactly what kind of girl he wanted, the only “problem” was finding her. Everything else was ready in his young mind, from the first date to the wedding day. He even had drawn the perfect wedding dress (actually, it took him a few years to finish it because of his lack of skills in that area), imagining how the white lace would graciously embrace her delicate arms and how the bottom of her gown would beautifully fall around her. Yeah, she would have been the most beautiful bride on earth, the one he would have chosen.

 

So what on earth was he doing now with a girl he barely knew at the altar?

 

Oh right. Kibum’s parents, even after ten years, still couldn’t put up with the fact that their son had changed his mind and would rather look for his “dream boy” than searching for the perfect wife. By the age of fifteen, Kibum had accepted his ual orientation and hadn’t thought of hiding it. However, things went downhill from there: friends became more distant and of course, his parents weren’t happy at all about this issue. Actually the first few months following his “coming-out” were tense at home, with lots of arguments or lots of silence. The communication wasn’t there anymore and the happy and lovingly family Kibum had as an example for his own became just a mere memory.

 

After graduation, Kibum wanted to study fashion design. Unfortunately his parents had decided about his future for him. So he ended in a university field he wasn’t very fond of. Let’s face it: fashion design and business & economics weren’t the same matter at all. But since he was the only child in the family and was supposed to run his father’s small business in a few years, he didn’t have any other choice but submitting to his parent’s will without any complain. The only positive point in the whole situation was that Kibum finally could be independent and enjoy some freedom.

 

And boy did he enjoy that! Too bad it didn’t last as much as Kibum would have wanted. As soon as the diploma was in hand, his father contacted him to talk about the family business- or more exactly, to announce him he was hired in the company. Things went rather fast. Even if Kibum started at the bottom of the administration, he quickly managed to go up through the ranks in order to reach a suitable level for his young age. Kibum had hoped this was the last thing his parents would want from him. Little did he know how wrong he was…

 

“Kibum-ah” his mother had once whined. “When will you introduce us a nice girl, get married to her and give us grandchildren? We’re getting old, you know.”

 

This was the usual beginning when bringing up that delicate subject. Honestly Kibum was sick and tired of that. Every time he had to explain why they would never have a daughter-in-law, and every single time the conversation ended with his mother complaining about her son’s “stubbornness”. What Kibum didn’t expect this time, was his father taking part in the discussion.

 

“Kibum, you definitely need to stop all that ‘gay’ nonsense! You’re 27 and about to run the business! Sure it’s a small one, but I can’t afford your caprices! It would cost me too much; we’re not some big chaebol with billions and billions of wons, which I could you to cover up your mistakes. If we’re ruined because of you, I won’t forgive it.”

 

Kibum had never seen this father like that, it actually left him speechless. His expression didn’t show any feeling, neither angriness or hatred, but the words were sharp enough to understand that he was damn serious and Kibum would better shut his mouth and agree to whatever he was told. Ridiculous right? 27 and still afraid of his own father…

 

And this is how, only three months later, Kim Kibum ended here, at the altar, next to a girl he barely knows, about to sign his marriage contract.

 

From what Kibum remembers, her name is Jung Yeongjoo, around his age. She’s an only child, and actually, that frightened Kibum a little bit. Any relationship, which involves two only children, is a disaster (at least according to him). He also knew that she was as excited as him to get married, which means: annoyed at a high level. Both of them met for the first time only two weeks ago at a diner Kibum’s parent had organized. It appeared that both Kibum’s and Yeongjoo’s fathers were talking about that marriage for a long time. The young man felt sorry for the woman next to him. She didn’t deserve this kind of bound, even worse: getting married to a gay man. With an apologetic look at her soon-to-be wife, he answered the priest’s question:

 

“I do.”

 


 

“Key, It’s your turn.”

 

“What? No!” Kibum protested. “I cooked yesterday night, tonight it’s your turn! And stop calling me ‘Key’!”

 

“Hey, I don’t complain when you call me Nicole, so deal with it. And please, do something to eat, I’m starving!”

 

“Isn’t that supposed to be the name you used when you were in the US? And what if I don’t want to cook?” Kibum asked, completely exasperated by his wife’s childish attitude.

 

“Then you’ll have to deal your mother’s fabulous piercing voice once I complain what kind of a bad husband your are” replied Nicole, with a wide grin on her face.

 

Face palming himself, Kibum got up from the couch before looking at his wife with fake-annoyance

 

“How come I still haven’t thrown you out of this apartment?” he asked folding his arms before letting his legs leading him to the kitchen, without listening to Nicole’s silly answer.

 

It has been a bit more than a year since the Wedding day and well; both Kibum and Yeongjoo became pretty close. For that, Key (as his wife liked to call him) was thankful. At least he wouldn’t have to spend the rest of his life with the annoying kind of girl who can only exist in a Drama. Instead of this, Yeongjoo appeared to be a great person, except when she was in a childish mood, like right now.

 

“Nicole!” Kibum called, watching in the almost empty fridge. “There’s nothing to cook in here!” He closed the fridge and looked for something he could make a meal with. “Unless you’re okay with instant noodles”

 

“Whatever! Just hurry up”

 

Sighing, Kibum took the Instant noodles packs and closed the cupboard before taking out a small saucepan and putting it on the stove.

 

Ten minutes later the married couple was at table, eating the small meal Kibum had prepared. Although it wasn’t anything special, Nicole seemed to enjoy it by the sounds she was making.

 

“Oh, that’s delicious!” She exclaimed, still full with food. “Thank you Kibummie, you’re so the best!”

 

Kibum only hummed, dealing with his portion of noodles. He wasn’t very fond of them, but in case of emergency like now, he wouldn’t complain. Actually Kibum was the main cook, or at least he was the one who got the groceries. Yet these days were very harsh; the business was doing so well that the staff had no choice but to do extra work at the office and even at home. And so the first thing he thought about after leaving his office was going home and to bed, forgetting about the lack of food.

 

Oh yes, his precious and comfortable bed on which he could rest and even sleep forever, that would be perfect. That’s what he nee-

 

“Ouch! What was that for?” Kibum cried holding his head where the younger had hit him.

 

“You were about to put your nose in your bowl. I called a few times but apparently you were already asleep, so I woke you up.” Nicole justified herself smiling innocently at his husband. “Go to bed after eating, you look exhausted, I’ll wash the dishes.”

 

“Yeah, thanks a lot.”

 


 

Despite de the fact that he was married to someone who became a real good friend, Kibum hated that bond, no matter what. It’s not as if they were free to “live” their marriage as they wanted. Both his and Nicole’s parents were always on their backs, asking about the so awaited grandchildren. This often led the spouses to arguments. They were even times in which he just couldn’t bare the situation anymore and preferred to hang out with old university friends. This night was one of those. After writing a short text message to Nicole telling her not to worry about him and that he’ll be late, he turned off his phone and left it in the back of his car.

 

As he entered the club loud music was blasting through the speakers and flashes of lights hit his eyes. A mass of people was moving on the dance floor, following the rhythm of the music. Some were enjoying the night by dancing, while others were having some other kind of fun. Kibum felt slightly jealous of them. He walked towards the bar while looking for his friends. The young man finally managed to see them seated at a table in the back of the club, a glass full of alcohol waiting for him. Kibum flopped into the seat next to Jonghyun, the craziest of the group.

 

“Wow, you look bad” Jonghyun exclaimed, laughing slightly. “Here, take this drink.”

 

Without looking, Kibum downed the glass he was offered in one. Leaving it on the table, he shouted, “Let’s have fun tonight, yeah?” to which the rest of the group answered with screams and shouts of joy.

 

It took only a few more drinks for Kibum to find himself dancing among the others. His body moved automatically as if he was in a kind of trance. Tonight was his night. He forgot everything, where he was, who he was and what his life had become. He wasn’t Kibum anymore, but a free mind and a free body enjoying the moment. He even forgot the existence of his wife as a pair of arm embraced his waist and a firm chest pressed against his back. Nonetheless, he turned around and his heart skipped a beat.

 

Huge brown orbs were intensely looking at him while the man’s slightly parted lips were only a few inches apart from his. Mesmerized by the handsome man, Kibum didn’t hesitate to move closer to him, wrapping his arms around the stranger’s neck.

“Mind paying me a drink at the bar?” Kibum asked into his ear.

 

Without any answer, the guy took Kibum’s hands and took him to the bar.

 

“What would you like?”

 

“Whatever” was Kibum’s answer, still starring at this breath-taking man.

 

He should have been starring for a long time, because when he came to himself, the guy was waving at him with his drink in hand. How embarrassing. Great job Kibum, really. He took the drink with a wide blush on his face, mumbling a small “Thank you”.

 

“You’re welcome. Mind telling me what brings you here..?” The man in front of him asked.

 

“Kibum. My name is Kibum. And… Let’s say that I wanted to forget the world around me.” He explained with a small smile. He took a sip of his drink. “ And you? Hm, that’s really good by the way!”

 

“My promotion. My friends wanted to celebrate it” The tall man replied without any enthusiasm. “So here I am.”

 

And so, the conversation went on smoothly, with some laughs here and there. Kibum learnt that this piece of handsomeness’s name was Minho and was slightly younger than him. He worked in an architecture firm. His promotion meant that now he was on of the main architects in the firm. Afterwards Kibum explained some of his little life. Nonetheless, he made sure to avoid too private subjects. He didn’t feel like telling some details, his marriage for example.

 

Since there was so much noise, both of them were close to each other, but as time passed the attraction increased and soon they found themselves in each other’s arms, chest pressed against chest light and slow dancing movements to keep the mood. Both were in their own world, forgetting totally about their friends’ existence.

 

At a certain point, their eyes locked together and Kibum felt his heart beating faster and faster as his mouth dried and his knees weakened. He had never seen someone as stunning as that Minho-guy. His delicate but at the same time manly features made Kibum want to kiss his face so bad.

 

Words were not exchanged anymore. They weren’t needed, not at that moment, not in their state. Through lidded eyes, Minho starred intensely at the creature in front of him. He found the man simply beautiful, so much he couldn’t take his eyes off him. His body acted on it’s own as one arm wrapped around Kibum waist and his hand landed on Kibum’s cheek, it gently.

 

“M-minho.” Kibum mumbled, a little confused by his movements.

 

“I’m sorry Kibum” Minho said, not even sure that the elder had heard him. “I’m sorry I can’t stop it you’re so tempting” He continued as closing the distance between their faces. At the same time, Kibum followed by encircling Minho’s neck with his arms, and so pulling him even closer.

 

The moment their lips touched, it felt like the whole world had stopped. And it was the first time both of them got to experience such a feeling their minds couldn’t put a name on, but that their heart had guessed right away.

 


 

 

Kibum never told Nicole about the events on that night, he never had the courage to admit it. Heck, how could he say that, technically, he had cheated on her? Even if the young man was pretty sure she wouldn’t be angry with him, he still felt guilty about it. They were married and he had as a respectable husband to be faithful and loyal. Yet, it took him only a few drinks to fool around. And of course, he wasn’t drunk enough to forget every single part of that night. And even if had been the case, the numerous hickeys left by the guy would have been a good reminder…

 

Hiding the marks was quite a difficult task. Kibum hated wearing scarfs, so instead of that he ruined himself in expensive make-up. When he woke up the next day, seeing the hickeys made him thinking of finding that Minho-bastard and kick him to death. Or even call him right away and torture his ears. Too bad they hadn’t exchanged any contact information.

 

Kibum found himself regretting that fact more than once. Besides being a great kisser, Minho seemed to be a very nice guy and making friends with him wouldn’t have been a bad idea. However he never made any attempt to look for him. It wasn’t as if he had much information about the man. Seoul’s a big city and there must be plenty of architects going by the name of Minho.

 

But as we all know, things happen when they’re the less expected.

 


 

“Oh, by the way” Nicole started after swallowing a piece of meat. “I came across a friend of mine I hadn’t see for ages this morning!”

 

Kibum looked at her. “Really? Do I know her’” He asked, taking a spoon of rice from his bowl. “What’s her name?”

 

“Nah, I don’t think you know Sulli. We studied in the same university, even though I already was in third year when she came there. Anyway,” she cut off, going back to the main subject. “ As I said, We hadn’t seen each other for ages, we talked a little and I invited her and her husband for dinner. Is that okay for you?”

 

Kibum, who listened to her while eating only nodded in agreement. “When are they coming?”

 

Nicole answered they would come the following week, to which Kibum, once again merely nodded in reply. He had to write it down in his agenda so he wouldn’t forget. And of course, he guessed right when the talk about the cooking begun. He was assigned to prepare the full dinner. That detail was also to be written in the agenda.

 

But Kibum was a simple human, and as a human being, he happened to forget things. Sometimes, it was okay, and sometimes it could be bothersome. Honestly, he couldn’t get why his wife-friend had already called him over four times. Yeah he was being once again kept at work, but it has been that way for days now, and it looked like it was going to continue for another couple of days. So when Nicole assaulted his phone for the fifth time, he just picked the phone and asked what was the matter.

 

“Gosh Key, where the hell are you? The guests are already here!”

 

Swearing for himself, Kibum quickly got up from his desk, took his belonging and left the office in a hurry. When he got home, Yeongjoo was waiting for him at the door. She was well dressed, in comparison to his messy outfit.

 

“I’m so sorry, it’s the chaos in office these days, I completely forgot” Kibum started to talk slightly panicked.

 

“Don’t worry Kibum, everything is alright, I managed to prepare a little snack for now, so you have time” Smiled Nicole, patting his shoulder before leading him to the living room where the guests had took place.

 

“Hello, I’m sorry for being late…” Kibum started, but seeing the guests cut him short. Or more precisely, one of the guests.

 

His eyes made directly contact with the supposedly husband of the young woman next to him. What was happening? Why the hell was the man he spent an amazing night with in his living room? It was a hidden camera, right? Or maybe Nicole had found out and now she wanted to confront him?

 

In order to hid his panic, Kibum bowed down and put on his brightest smile to the couple in front of him before introducing himself.

 

“Yeongjoo might have already told you, but I’m Kibum, his husband. It’s nice to meet you. You must be… Jinri, right?” Kibum asked the smiling woman.

 

“Nice to meet you!” Said Jinri greeted. “Yes, I’m Jinri and this is Minho. He’s quite shy with people he doesn’t know, but he’ll warm up soon”

 

He?Shy? And I’m freakin’ Queen Elisabeth Kibum scoffed in his mind, however every thought other than the memory of them passionately kissing in that club disappeared as they shook hands. Kibum felt as if he just had been electrified. He quickly took his hand away, avoiding Minho’s piercing gaze.

 

“I-I… I’ll go prepare the dinner, have fun!”

 

And with that, he left the room and locked himself up in the kitchen.


 

Hello hello~~ ^_^

So, Finally here's the first part of "Can I have your husband, please?". It's unbetaed and since it's like 4 in the morning by me, I don't have the strenght to edit the chapter. I promise I'll do it later. Oh and of course, if you notice some  big mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me. English may not be my mother thongue, however I don't want to ruin the language haha ^^

As you could see, story full of clichés and what nots........ :SeriouslyWhyAmIWritingThis?:
I wanted to start with Kibum's point of vue in the story, for the next part I'll try to set things by Minho's POV since we couldn't know a lot about him. 
As for the next part, I don't know when I'll post it. I'm in the middle of finals. Tomorrow I'm having my first two orals and I really have to revise for the subjects.
Anyway, I'll stop with my blabering. I hope you had fun reading the first part and that you'll enjoy the story!

Sweet greetings from Chocolate's land,
GFH