01

Choosing Love {new version}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo's POV

 

 

"Miss Min," a muffled voice woke me up, followed by a light knock on the door. 

Letting out an extremely unattractive groan, I grabbed a handful of my heavy cotton comforter and threw it over myself as a desperate attempt to shut out my daily wake up call. It didn't matter to me at that moment if the weight of the blanket was pressing onto me nor the heat trapped underneath it began to close in on me. I just wanted more sleep. 

The knock on my room door was firmer this time, echoing throughtout the spacious area. "It's time for you to wake up," the person outside stated, the impatience oozing out with every word. I tried to stiffle a giggle at the thought of how annoyed Chi Woo, my butler, must've looked. "I can hear you laughing, I know you're awake," he added. 

Groaning again, I made my way to the entrance grudgily and flung open the wooden door. "Good morning," I muttered half-heartedly, sighing loudly in defeat. "Good morning, Miss Min," was his curt response followed by a ninety degree bow. "Thank you for waking me up, you are excused," I nodded carelessly. It was the same every morning. 

"Thank you," he bowed once more and then silently left me to get ready for breakfast. 

After washing up and putting on yet another new dress the maids had laid out for me, I made my way down the incredibly long flight of stairs and into the dinning area. It was one of the largest and most beautifully furnitured room in the whole compund. Always full of life, it was where my parent's would host grand dinners and extravagant parties for them and their friends in the entreprenuer world. But on that day, it was just me. 

On the rarest of occasions, both my parents and I would have our meals in the same place and on the same time - like any other ordinary family. Unfortunately, my parents weren't like ordinary parents. They both worked together and ran their own multinational firm, which required them to travel from one country to another at least a few times every week so they were almost never home. And when they were, both of them would either be locked up in their offices and eating there instead or on the phone with a client. 

I was an only child

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter