Chapter 1

The Thirteenth Gang Member
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ugh. Another slash across the upper arm. Another bruise at the stomach. Wincing, I dabbed the alcohol filled cotton swab along the shallow -in my opinion- cut while thinking why I worked so hard for the past year. Oh right, I wanted to get into a gang. More like a Senior gang. Senior gangs had everything. They had the money, they had the fame, they had the luxurious homes and most importantly, the skills. Their skills were one of a kind. Different amazing skills joined as one made the gang invincible. Their skills were so amazingly fast and accurate that if you were to blink, a member from the opposite team would be down, on the floor with serious injuries. Serious injuries weren't really in my dictionary. To me, cuts like the one I just received were minor despite it being a third of a finger length deep so if I used the word serious or major injuries, it really meant serious or major injuries.

 

With a mere punch from the Senior gangs, a few ribs could snap into three parts and pierce the lung, causing blood to occupy the oxygen space which also means that one punch from them could send you to your death. No kidding. For them to be that freakishly but amazingly strong was almost impossible. Another example. If they punch your stomach just once, it could send your entire body flying backwards and not like a couple of centimeters back but a couple of meters back. It was scary, I would honestly admit but the reason why I wanted to join such amazing fighters was because I felt like I could be near their capabilities of wounding others if I trained harder with the right people. Yes, I just praised myself.

 

Despite being a Lonter, I defeated the other gangs quite easily. At first, I started off with the Rankless gangs. I didn't think they would be that bad but the fights proved me wrong. They sank even below Rankless if that was even possible. After around ten pathetic fights with the Rankless gangs, I decided to upgrade myself to the Junior gangs. I would gladly say that they were much more of a challenge and they can actually wound me and continue fighting after getting wounded by me. They didn't give up as easily -maybe some did- and they were my indirect trainers. I fought with them for 11 months, fighting twice every week so it was safe to say that I battled with 88 gang members and I was proud to say that I won more than half of the battles, maybe even three-quarters. As much as I was itching to battle with the Senior gangs, I knew I wasn't ready. Heck, I wasn't even close to the preparation of ready. I really didn't want to get anything broken and I certainly didn't want to feel humiliated. Pride was something that was worth my life. Pride and fighting is what makes me, Jin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter