The night I dreamt about you

I love you Kris

I felt the urge to write it down so that I will not forget it for it is so precious...

"........He was in the middle of the press conference attended by hundreds of journalists. With sad and solemn face, he was questioned by the press while flashlights from all directions on his face like lightening. Shortly yet firmly, he eventually declared his leaving to those who have always wanted him to stay. His leaving, to him, means he is having his long-awaited freedom after being stuck in the prison of fame and fear for so many years. However, to those who adore his presence, it means nothing but a forever-separation. Needless to say, it was painfully-heartbreaking.....

She was sitting among the many other audiences at the corner of the conference room, anxiously waiting for his final statement. Her face was literally pale from mental exhaustion and the fading motivation. She stared at him like there was no other chance to see him up close ever again. She was on the verge of tears. Her heart was beating slow, showing how prone it was to separation. She loved him with all her heart and no word could describe how she wanted him to stay. She was dying for him to know how much he meant to her and many others. His decision of leaving behind his successful career and his loving brothers who have been struggling with him through hot and cold before they could stand proudly on their feet sounds ridiculous yet 'reasonable' to her. She was selfish to wish for his stay, but her selfishness was far weaker than her love that silently supports his freedom-chasing, for she knew he would be much happier than he is right now. While being lost in her thought, she was knocked conscious by his last goodbye to his supporters and the press in the conference room....

Having finished his speech, he walked slowly to the exit of the room. While walking, he couldn't help but noticed the girl who sat at the corner near the exit. She sat there lifelessly, and finally, he could see tears running down her red cheeks uncontrollably. it was silent tears. No sound could be heard yet it looked so painful..... So, he was only a few steps away from her........

She, on the other side, gathered all her courage and stood up quickly in his way. At that moment, she stood right in front of him. Her stare was fixed on him, and her glance was soft and weak, but we can see how sparkling her eyes were because of the forming and the stain of tears which were yet to be dry. Without any word, she suddenly threw a small object on his broad chest and quickly dashed away. In no time, she disappeared from the crowd.....

He stood there puzzled, and to his surprise, it was the first time in his life to see a girl sobbing wearily in front of him. He picked up the object which was on the ground with his trembling hand and observed it carefully. It was a black-stringed necklace with a dragon symbol. In that very moment, he knew it belonged to him and that it held precious meaning to him more than everything he could ever imagine. It was once his symbol, his fame, and his determination. While thousands of thought were running in his head, he questioned himself whether or not he knew the girl. He was lost, not being able to give himself an answer. However, he managed to ignore his questionable thoughts, and without any hesitation, he chased after her, leaving the crowd bewildered......."

".......Miles after miles, he chased after her. Finally, he was able to see her back, the back of the girl who was running sluggishly as her feet gave away. From behind, he felt her exhaustion and her pain, for her tears did not stop falling, and he could hear her crying. After a few moments, he was able to catch up. Suddenly, he grabbed her left hand and stopped her from running. Shocked, she did stop dashing and looked at his face while trembling in tears. While looking at her pale and wet face, he wore a dazed expression. He actually had never known her. However, her presence felt so familiar in a way that was hard to describe. He knew nothing about the crying girl, but he unknowingly chased after her like she was one important creature he badly needed. In a short while, his both hands gently cupped her face so that she could only look at him and not stray her gaze away.....

She was finally able to look at him eye to eye. Those shining eyes, that pointed nose, that full lips of his captured her in the dreamy trap. How she wish she could cherish them forever.... While being lost in her own world, reality hit her. This could be the last time she could ever see him. The sudden feeling of fear ran down her spine, for she was afraid of losing him and was too afraid to accept the fact that he would never be in front of her again.....

He stared at her sorrowfully, knowing how she wanted him to stay and how disappointed she must have been upon his leaving. He saw tears started forming in her eyes again. Inadvertently, he pulled her in his arms, holding her as if he would never let her go. She was small and shaking, but he was sure she felt warm by his embrace. He lovingly kissed her head and continued to hold her tight.....

She was in a blank state. The person whom she had passionately loved for so so long and who had never even known her existence was hugging her. At that moment, she was not able to say anything and her brain would not allow any thought in. The only thing she could do was to close her eyes while being in his embrace.....

After a while, he lifted her face up. He looked at her whole-heartedly. His sparkling eyes and his warm smile ensured her that he would always be there. Separation means nothing when the two are emotionally attached. He would not vanish from this world. Instead, from today onwards, he would live life happily and independently. If they were fated to meet, they would meet someday. It may not be on screens or stages, but at an unexpected place where the sun is shining brightly and birds chirping merrily. Finally, he brought a smile to her face....

She felt safe, knowing that she's not gonna lose him. Slowly, his face was leaning towards hers. She could felt his warm breath. Before she realized, he placed his lips on her forehead. This genuine forehead-kiss means the world to her. The assurance it brought about was priceless. She was no longer afraid, for she knew she would always have him......."

-------------------------The End------------------------------